If I Do Get To Come Back To Oz, I Will Be Bringing With Me ......

emmaj

Since i have been here i have found a couple of things either really hard to find or very expensive. So Ive decided to keep a list of things I want to stock up on for when (if - fingers crossed) we make the perm move here. Now I know i will have to get used to either not having these things or paying more, but whilst we are finding our feet it will be nice to have these things around.

So here is my list, please feel free to post things that you either wish you had stocked up on before leaving for Oz or are going to buy ready for when you move.

Underwired bikinis (they really dont cater for ladies with boobies over a B cup unless you want to spend $200 plus)

Underwear

Trainers (i cant get over the cost of these here, i think I have been spoilt by years of outlet shopping)

Thats it for now, although I will also be buying a few Aussie hair products as they dont sell it here :wacko: whats all that about?

Just for fun really, but pls post your must take items :spinny:

Emma

x

Ooohh i really would like some Ellesse trainers (cause i cant find any in oz)

but i wish i had brought with me so many things in fact to may to list lol

but my main ones would be

a purple ted baker mobile phone

galaxy chocolate

bournville chocolate (yes you can get it in oz but it dosent taste the same)

pickled onion monster munch

boots cucmber face wipes

lilets

cherry coke

stuju :-)

Since i have been here i have found a couple of things either really hard to find or very expensive. So Ive decided to keep a list of things I want to stock up on for when (if - fingers crossed) we make the perm move here. Now I know i will have to get used to either not having these things or paying more, but whilst we are finding our feet it will be nice to have these things around.

So here is my list, please feel free to post things that you either wish you had stocked up on before leaving for Oz or are going to buy ready for when you move.

Underwired bikinis (they really dont cater for ladies with boobies over a B cup unless you want to spend $200 plus)

Underwear

Trainers (i cant get over the cost of these here, i think I have been spoilt by years of outlet shopping)

Thats it for now, although I will also be buying a few Aussie hair products as they dont sell it here :wacko: whats all that about?

Just for fun really, but pls post your must take items :spinny:

Emma

x

I heard on tv before i came to Oz that the Aussie hair range is actually made in the UK, its a gimmick for the uk....never even been made, sold or stocked here in Oz...

Guest Davidgolf

I am so with you on the bra's they dont seem to have a good range for us fuller boobed ladies do they,plus lots of undies from M&S.

Tampax's they do have them here but dont seem to be as good.

Sharon x

Guest AnnChovy

If I had unlimited shipping space and hindsight I would have brought lots of Pampers!

Aussie nappies are not as good. (Mind you, they are much cheaper)

• 3 months later...

Cant we just put tampax in the "womens things" envelope pls!:cute:lillets are better anyway are'nt they:biglaugh:,A crate of glenlivet maybe?! my lpool videos/dvd's,istanbul 05 etc, some photos of lpool( your home town ),liver building,cunard building,port of lpool building,I.E the three graces. oh and a shellsuit,lol

Guest sanders family

i've been told to take lots of bras and knickers, quilts, sheets, pillows,cooking trays and tins for oven so they are on my list. lots of clothes, toys for kids. Food chocolate, jaffa cakes, teabags, more chocolate. I think i will need another container LOL

Guest boomerangpommie

Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Quorn sausages, Magners cider, sun cream higher than SPF 30 (although I've been told that there's not much in once it goes over 30), Champney's Citrus Sugar bodyscrub, No. 7 foundation.

Guest Bonniebuster

I am coming out to Perth to visit my daughter who is expecting her first baby in June, can you recommend any items I could take out for her that she can not get or is expensive in Perth. She had to pay $100 for a bra just hope she doesnt get any bigger!!

marmite, bravissimo bras, **pablo - warning womens things coming up - Always and tampax**, helmanns mayo, poundland for buying branded toiletries, they seem much more expensive here, dairy milk (tastes wierd here). Think thats it for now but I have only been here 4 days so no doubt it will grow!!

Guest elisek

Underwear

Thats it for now, although I will also be buying a few Aussie hair products as they dont sell it here whats all that about?

Just for fun really, but pls post your must take items

Emma

x

Crikey!! That actually surprises me. I`d have thought a country known for it`s sunshine would cater for all sizes without expecting you to break the bank :wacko:

Guess I`ll have to stock up at Bhs if we do get the go ahead to move to Oz......it`ll cost me a fortune at the prices you`ve mentioned......being a `larger size` definately won`t be cheap! :swoon:

Lise x

OMG surely target & coles do a full range of women's sizes? I know european fashion is very expensive but the afore mentioned stores seemed to have the requisite items when we were over. Cant deal with something else to worry about!!! Looks like i'll be shopping at Vic market for everything for rest of my life LMAO

Guest smc01

There are factory outlets in Australia too, if you're comparing factory outlets in the Uk compared to normal shops in Aus of course they're going to seem more expensive! I only know Melbourne - Melbourne Factory Outlets - Clothing | Mixed - Mens Womens Kids - Clothing & Accessories - Shopping & Services - Only Melbourne

but googled one for Perth, Gold Coast & Adelaide as that seems to be where a lot of you end up! Harbour Town Shopping - Gold Coast Adelaide and Perth outlet shopping and factory outlets

For underwire bras, Myer or Bras & Things has a brilliant range and not too expensive, and the reason (block your eyes pablo) we don't have many tampax is because we don't like applicators!! Best brand is prob Libra. (for non applicator) I remember when I was about 13 there used to be loads of Tampax about, but over the years they've stopped selling them as they weren't popular!

Dairy Milk definately tastes different in Aus, so stock up if you love it!

And you might lose Cherry Coke but you'll gain Vanilla Coke!

You can buy marmite, branston pickle, Magners and a load of other familiar items at most big supermarkets (or Dan Murphy's in the case of Magners)

Would prob stock up on tea as Aus is not as much of a tea drinking country so if you have a brand you love in the UK chances are Aus won't have it - I'm not 100% on that just a guess as I never drank tea when in Aus! You can get all the Lipton varieties though.

Just make sure you check if you can bring what you want to stock up on, we all know how tight Aus is with border control!

Guest smc01
marmite, bravissimo bras, **pablo - warning womens things coming up - Always and tampax**, helmanns mayo, poundland for buying branded toiletries, they seem much more expensive here, dairy milk (tastes wierd here). Think thats it for now but I have only been here 4 days so no doubt it will grow!!

Priceline is best for toiletries, better prices than some supermarkets - and you can get helmanns mayo, is the only brand I ever buy!

Here is the coles online website - if it asks you for a postcode again and you don't know, just put in 3108 or something to get through - you can then search in the top right and type in what you're looking for to see if it's stocked!

https://www.colesonline.com.au/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResultsView?langId=-1&storeId=11551&catalogId=10055&beginIndex=0&searchTermScope=4&searchTerm=mayo

Guest smc01

For those of us ladies who require a litle extra help than the likes of M&S may offer us, Bravissimo do now send to Aus but I have discovered Bella Forma Pretty Big Bras & Swimwear in Large Bra Cup Sizes D to JJ which is just the same - phew!

I was someone worried about nappies and stuff but honestly, you really can get everything you need and more here! The chocolate always reminds me of the episode of Friends when Monica has to do samples made from "Mocolate" so I've just stopped eating it - the fruits great instead!

Forget about what you've got now and enjoy the adventure of trying new stuff!

Guest lillibet
bovril (what is it with vegamite and marmite), Fat face t shirts, several pairs of trainers. Ben and jerrys cookie dough ( half a container full at least).

You can buy bovril here, although it comes in really little jars but i've got some.

Ben and Jerry's (why isnt it sold here), Yorkshire tea bags, Skittles (they taste weird here), Womans things- there just not as good here or the same which i dont get as they are the same brand. Lee Stafford hair products. Bisto, decent jelly powder, all my dvd's from home, next clothes,

Think that's it.

For all you looking for bra's have you tried la senza out here, certain places do have them although i havent looked at the price.

Archived