metal machinist jobs

paddy

hi all, new to this so here we go, anyone out there oz or uk heading for oz a cnc metal machinist, are they in need? looking at aussie jobs on net there are a few. Hopefully heading for adelaide waiting for C,O TRA passed and 175 visa applied for 02/09/08 " I'M A POM GET ME OVER THERE"

Guest moving down under

I am a metal machinist (cnc programmer aswell) and was just there in August and any place I went to offered me a job, pay was a bit lower than here in Canada but high enough to live off of for a family of four I hope. I hope this helps, I look on alljobs.com and it has lots of jobs for us to get. I applied in June and am also waiting on the CO.

jamie

hi paddy were heading perth in march and oh is a cncsetter/ opperater as well , were going on his job for our visa! which was granted in oct, all the best!! also just in case we did not know foe ages your job is called "manufacturing /opperations" in oz, not engineering , took us ages kept looking and we were like there are no jobs arghhh... all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

HI all. I just stumbled accross this thread while searching through PIO. Just wondered if any of you had had any luck searching for jobs? I too am a CNC Machinist and hoping to head for Brisbane mid 2009. Ive been looking through all the job websites and there doesn't seem to be much out there which is a bit of a worry.

:confusedxmas:

• 5 months later...

Hi all metal machinists!

My OH is CNC setter, programmer, operator aka metal machinist (first class) and this is our first post.

We are hopefully heading to Brisbane 2010 just waiting to hear from QLD re state sponsorship.

Hope everything is going to plan for you all, are any of you over there yet?

Cheers debs n dave

Hi Zippyderby

Im a CNC setter programmer and operator also and in the waiting list for QLD sponsorship.

We are hoping to be in Brisbane by October but its unlikely the way things are going. Things arn't looking too great on the job front over there. Hopefuly it will pick up soon.

Anyway welcome to PIO.

Guest moving down under

Hey everyone,

My OH is a CNC first class metal machinist. We just got our QLD SS yesterday, now the agonizing wait for the actual visa. We will probably be going over in November to validate as that is when our medicals will run out.

Hopefully find a job and stay, if not will return to Canada and wait until things pick up again.

Good luck everyone. Keep us posted on your SS outcome.

Hey everyone,

My OH is a CNC first class metal machinist. We just got our QLD SS yesterday, now the agonizing wait for the actual visa. We will probably be going over in November to validate as that is when our medicals will run out.

Hopefully find a job and stay, if not will return to Canada and wait until things pick up again.

Good luck everyone. Keep us posted on your SS outcome.

easy bit , finding a job try willy wonka

Guest moving down under
youve more chance finding a golden ticket

Ok, I'm with you now.

Well, we have to validate so we have no choice but to come over. I guess if we don't find a job, then we will come back and wait. No harm in trying while we are there validating.

How long have you been in Oz?

Guest moving down under

That's great! We just got our SS from QLD yesterday so we will hopefully have our visa approved by September. We really need to be in OZ by Nov.28 (that's 1 year from the date of our medicals). So crossing our fingers we are. We aren't sure where we will go either. It all depends on the jobs and where hubby can get work.

Good luck to you!

Since your going first keep us posted on the job prospects.

Cheers,

Archived