194 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you in the Process

• Still in the contemplating/gathering info stage
    • Applied for Visa and Waiting
    • Got Visa
    • Arrived in Aus and will probably stay
    • Going Back/Wishing you could go back to UK
    • Bit of a ping pong pom

Thought we'd have a poll to see where people are in the whole process/migration journey

We've been here almost 2 years and are fortunate that we've settled and feel that we've made a home here ... can't imagine going back to the UK to live ... but hey ... you can never say never

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought we'd have a poll to see where people are in the whole process/migration journey

Sat on the computer after a weekend ( my time ) filling the 47,80 god knows forms trying to find my aunt fannies birthdate and address , and waiting for the nice assisstant police chirf officers association to send ANOTHERR police clearance form when ive been here for the last 9 months. hmm 457 sponsored pr nice mr policeman

Mally

Must be a right xmas P*** up for the acpo with all the police checks £35 a chuck :wink:

Guest ReadyPenny

Our timeline is in our signature. Am soooooo impatient and cant wait for anything - hence the nickname my mum gave me "ready penny"!!!!

NEED to be in Adelaide by March, any miracle workers out there????

Mandy

Guest tony and sheena

Got visa!

Can't sell house, so trying to find a good long-term reliable tenant

Originally planned to go Nov 08, now aiming for Jan 09.

Guest dan&nikki

we're just waiting for the visas to arrive, 6and a half months in and getting frustrated!....................hoping to be in Adelaide Feb 09? .....and if a miracle worker IS found...please point them in my direction too!! lol

Guest Lou.ise

Had meeting with agent (10-11-08) and received a lot of forms this morning. We know the skills assessment is full until at least April/June 09. We have been told that there is a 10 month delay for 175 visas, so are looking at Feb/March 2010 to be moving. Just hoping that the next 18 month fly by.

Louise.

Guest Wenders

Visa App went in Sept 08...........long wait began............fortunately Im a patient person so I know its going to be sometime before we get them. meds done and on thier way.

Hope to be there this time next year.

Guest SGKG102

Hi,

Have had the Visa since June. Have been trying to sell the house since April

Time is running short and don't know what to do. :cry:

So stressed about it don't even feel like celebrating Xmas.:arghhxmas:

Karen

Guest Angie*mark

Im still right at the beginning and it's driving me bonkers :( ............got to wait on ex and court cases before we can finally get somewhere

Guest Lui A xxx

application sent January...!!...STILL WAITING....!!!....and of course...... we still need to sell the house...boo hoo....

xxx

Guest sanders family

Had visa since sept 08 really would love to go now, but son wants to do his GCSE and we haven't sold house Yet. :arghh: So if we haven't sold house by april we will rent and son would have done exams by june, so flights are booked 16 July 09 one way

Don't think there's an option for us in the poll. We've just had our TRA stuff sent off to Oz, so waiting for that decision to come back to us.

Archived