• Applied for Visa and Waiting
    • Got Visa
    • Arrived in Aus and will probably stay
    • Going Back/Wishing you could go back to UK
    • Bit of a ping pong pom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Compiling info for TRA. Like doing exam coursework!

Which one of you is doing that? Hubby did his and there were mountains of papers he had to write regarding what he has done in the past and does now. Lots and lots of writing! :arghh:

Our thing which is holding up our visa is consent from my Ex to take our 3 children to Oz. We have a case officer now and we have a buyer for our house, so fingers crossed, not much longer now

Tania X

Don't know the full story, but that must be hard on him. I don't think either myself nor my hubby would consent to either of us taking the kids to live in another country. Obviously, if he isn't really in their lives, that's probably another matter.

Don't know the full story, but that must be hard on him. I don't think either myself nor my hubby would consent to either of us taking the kids to live in another country. Obviously, if he isn't really in their lives, that's probably another matter.

My Ex has no contact with any of his 3 children, he doesn't even pay anything towards them. He hasn't seen my little girl since she was 2 months old and she is 4 now. As you say it must be hard for parents who play an active part in their childrens lives, but for me this has never been the case

Tania X

Guest KellyandTom
Which one of you is doing that? Hubby did his and there were mountains of papers he had to write regarding what he has done in the past and does now. Lots and lots of writing! :arghh:

We do it together (ahhh!) - tom speaks & I type! Has resulted in a few grumpy nights trying to put into words / explain how he does things & what tools etc! He is a panel beater / paint sprayer. Still lots to go! :goofy:

My Ex has no contact with any of his 3 children, he doesn't even pay anything towards them. He hasn't seen my little girl since she was 2 months old and she is 4 now. As you say it must be hard for parents who play an active part in their childrens lives, but for me this has never been the case

Tania X

That's awful. I hope that she's okay. Poor thing. Sounds like he's a real low life. Hope it turns out positive for you :hug:

We do it together (ahhh!) - tom speaks & I type! Has resulted in a few grumpy nights trying to put into words / explain how he does things & what tools etc! He is a panel beater / paint sprayer. Still lots to go! :goofy:

Hubby had to do a lot of handwriting for some reason. He said he was told to. But also did some typing towards the end.

Going for the sympathy vote, here. Applied August 2007 and now 15 months down the road still frozen with the other 5000 applicants involved in the capital investment issue. Particularly cross as just had to sign a work contract until August 2009 and our meds (which our CO requested in May even though the applications were frozen) will expire in May 2009. Will be fighting for an extension if this thing ever gets sorted!

Liz, Andrew and another 3 little angels

hi, we are gathering ref's etc for TRA application for hubby (fitter). He has been working as a mech fitter (Factory/power plant/service engineer) and also as a Mech engineer, as he has a degree too. So fingers crossed he goes through as fitter....60 points MODL

I am studying my M degree at the moment (Engineering consultant in chemistry/hydrology...long boring story), p/time business and we have 3 children(all prim school age).

Hoping to go to SA or Perth (or Bunbury..) end 2009:unsure:

Archived