OMG!!! Job interview

PommyPaul

Just had a phone call from one of the companies i put my cv into and they want me to go for an interview!!!! woohooo

I'm scared now though lol i haven't had an interview in over 11 years!!

Wish me luck all

its as a cnc operator/welder fabricator. :jiggy:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!! once i've been there a few weeks (fingers crossed they like me) i'll do a nice big right up of what its actually like and post it in this thread if you like?

With these you do a 38 hour week spread over four days and the basic rate is $20 per hour rising to $26 once you've proved yourself, they said since i'm a new guy i can't have any over time as the regulars/timeserved people come first.

They didn't want to see any of my qualifications or references, said they judge it on my work!

Just read the post so can't give you good luck with getting the job lol

but hope you have a good day tomorrow and it works out for you

is it like going to school for the first day lol

Cheers:cool:

lol it really is!!!! i must admit i'm a bit of a wuss and am bricking it, but hey ho if it doesn't kill me it can only make me stronger:jiggy:

Paul its about time that you got out of the Hot tub or I ab your backside of of that sofa :biglaugh:

I must me a real relief to have a job! Was the interview as bad as you thought it would be? I absolutely hate interviews, is it the same game playing BS that you have here in the UK ?

Paul its about time that you got out of the Hot tub or I ab your backside of of that sofa :biglaugh:

I must me a real relief to have a job! Was the interview as bad as you thought it would be? I absolutely hate interviews, is it the same game playing BS that you have here in the UK ?

it was actually a very laid back interview, the boss never stopped actually working whilst he interviewed me.. i think tomorrows going to be the test!

Guest trixabella

hi paul,

i hope you dont mind me asking, is the pay around the same as you got in the uk or is it better or worse?

ive read quite a few of your threads and i really love the ones with photos on, there great!

please put on some more photos on.

pleeeeeeeeeease!

good luck for tomorrow!

hi paul,

i hope you dont mind me asking, is the pay around the same as you got in the uk or is it better or worse?

ive read quite a few of your threads and i really love the ones with photos on, there great!

please put on some more photos on.

pleeeeeeeeeease!

good luck for tomorrow!

Ahh thanks :smile:

In the uk i used to take home about 278 pounds which was a pretty terrible wage and if it wasn't for the fact i rented on the cheap off family i'd never beable to live.

This job takes home about $600 but i seem to beable to live a much better standard for that, note though that i am a single bloke and i don't save money (which probably isn't a good thing lol)

(no council tax, no tv license, no water rates, no gas bills)just rent, electric, internet, phone, food, fuel and BEER! :cool:

Thanks!! once i've been there a few weeks (fingers crossed they like me) i'll do a nice big right up of what its actually like and post it in this thread if you like?

With these you do a 38 hour week spread over four days and the basic rate is $20 per hour rising to $26 once you've proved yourself, they said since i'm a new guy i can't have any over time as the regulars/timeserved people come first.

They didn't want to see any of my qualifications or references, said they judge it on my work!

Hi Paul:

What good news about your job... It's ALL GO GO in your World! Do hope it suits you and you have a decent bunch of mates to work with - it's a start - if it doesn't pan out that'll be OK, too! Seems to be that your work is always in demand, so if you don't like it something better might come along too!

But great to be earning, your head must be spinning from all these Positive Vibes!! So when do you move in?!

Amazing! All the BEST! See the Good GUYS DO win sometimes!!

X

ahh thanks herbster :) your not wrong, its funny to think it'll actually be 3 weeks tomorrow since i landed!!

Move in on wednesday, so before i even started i had to ask for a day off, opps!!

its hard to tell what the others were like as they all had welding masks on when i was there but i'm pretty sure i'm going to get alot of pommy ribbing, got a 'your not in pommyland anymore' during the interview lol doesn't bother me though :)

Cool! You'll be fine - anyway start as you mean to go on!! As you know a smile goes a long way & people are generally friendly here, you can probably give as good as you get!

Hope you like it - but I'm sure with your attitude & spirit if this one doesn't work out... You've only been here 5 mins - bet the folks at home are chuffed to bits? Nice to be validated all round, ah?! :) X

Archived