2 Years Today.

joetrac

Well we made the 2 year mark...we can offically apply for citizenship....but were not :biglaugh:

We always said we would give it 2 years so Im giving myself a big pat on the back BUT we only made it to 2 years because that is how long it took to build my house.... the down side to the laid back aussie lifestyle!!!

In 5 weeks I will be on that plane to scotland to spend christmas with my family and I cant wait.I dont expect much to have changed really,at least I hope its not.Im really excited about feeling the cold again(I know :wacko:) but Im worried how my 3 year old will be,she freaks out in the dairy Isle in Coles.

I am glad I came to Australia,I have meet wondeful people,experienced a new culture but most of all it opened my eyes to what a wonderful place GB really is.I really think people moan way too much about the place but I think the british press has a lot to do with it. Only last night we received an email from a friend moaning about the proce of bread ...I checked asda can get it for 53p...cheapest in Oz $1.09...looks like the same to me.

That was the big thing for me ,after all the excitement ,for us oz wasn't that different our lifestyle was exactly the same but we didn't have our love one close by and for us it wasn't worth it.

I wish everyone starting there journey the best of luck ,Im happy we came to OZ but I am even happier to be leaving.

Contratulations on achieving what you set out to do - I always like your posts because although you say it's not for me, you've always said you glad you did it and that you've had a different experience. I know I've wished you luck before ... but have a wonderful xmas with your family and wrap up that child of yours .. she's in for a shock lol

Guest jogrant3232

Ah what a lovely and honest thread, so sorry it didnt work out for you but as Ali said have a great crimbo with your family...At least you tried

Guest taffy 62

All the best I have enjoyed reading your posts keep in touch.

Wouldnt it be worth while getting you citizanship especiall for your daughter it wouldnt take much longer and then when shes older she can come back if she wants too. or even if you wanted to come back for holidays etc you wouldnt have to worry about visas. I reckon it would be worth hanging on to get it as you have stuck it this long.

All the best I have enjoyed reading your posts keep in touch.

Wouldnt it be worth while getting you citizanship especiall for your daughter it wouldnt take much longer and then when shes older she can come back if she wants too. or even if you wanted to come back for holidays etc you wouldnt have to worry about visas. I reckon it would be worth hanging on to get it as you have stuck it this long.

i agree with taffy..... it seems silly to have 'stuck it out so long' and not get your citizenship.... afterall your daughter may thank you in the future!!!

have a good crimbo.... and wrap up warm!!!

min x:wubclub:

What a great Christmas you'll have!!!

Don't worry about your daughter as long as you explain everything to her (a million times) - she'll be fine. In no time at all she'll settle back in to her old life.

I'm like you, I know Australia isn't for me but am glad I did it for the experience. It's also made me appreciate all that I have at home!!!

I'm going home for a visit at Christmas and can't wait too. After that I'm not sure when I'll be back there for good.

Keep posting, let us know how it is being back.

I am glad I came to Australia,I have meet wondeful people,experienced a new culture but most of all it opened my eyes to what a wonderful place GB really is.I really think people moan way too much about the place but I think the british press has a lot to do with it. Only last night we received an email from a friend moaning about the proce of bread ...I checked asda can get it for 53p...cheapest in Oz $1.09...looks like the same to me.

When we did our reccie 2 years ago a loaf of bread way 19p (the really yukky Asda type) so there was a considerable difference in price! But anyway who cares "Let them eat Cake" when we get to OZ

Archived