There's hope!! We have a plan B (it's netter than plan A!!)

Guest meme

:yes:What a difference a day makes!! Anyway, as i said there's a plan B. I'm still going home without hubby BUT, we have decided not to ship my stuff back yet, oh has said go to England, see how i feel, see if it's definately where i want to be,if so, he will pack up house and ship it over AND follow me home......definately better than plan A, so now that's decided, i'm certainly having a better day!!

Guest The Pom Queen

That's great news and probably just what you needed!!!! Good luck and I really hope everything works out for you, fingers crossed.

Big Hugs

Kate

Guest Davidgolf

Meme i am so glad that you are going back to the uk to see how u feel and that oh is going to be with you if you decide to stay in uk all the very best to you and your family.

Sharon x

I read your other thread Meme but didnt reply as hard to know what to say when their is someones relationship on the line. But I am pleased to here this news, good luck Meme and keep us posted x

:yes:What a difference a day makes!! Anyway, as i said there's a plan B. I'm still going home without hubby BUT, we have decided not to ship my stuff back yet, oh has said go to England, see how i feel, see if it's definately where i want to be,if so, he will pack up house and ship it over AND follow me home......definately better than plan A, so now that's decided, i'm certainly having a better day!!

great news, hope you're going to be extra "special" for the OH :Randy-git:tonight!

I read your other thread Meme but didnt reply as hard to know what to say when their is someones relationship on the line. But I am pleased to here this news, good luck Meme and keep us posted x

I want to say the same as Kim really ,

Good luck ,and i hope you find hapiness ,where ever that may be ,keep us all informed of your journey wont you?

Cal x

Fantastic news Meme

I know of a family who where exactly the same as you ...wife hated it and Hubby loved it...wife moved back to Uk only to return a few months later...from what I hear they are now both happy.

I hope it all works out for you...and remember its people who are important not places... dont let this experience ruin your marriage.

Good luck.

Guest Impatient

Yep, sounds a lot more positive. Sounds like hubby is willing to sacrifice his dream for your family, that definitely deserves an open mind during your trip home.

Best of luck.

Guest YellowGecko

A happy note on which to end the day. Ya see, every problem has a solution.. you just have to work at finding it.

Best of British to you, meme! x

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hi Meme

I am so pleased to hear you have reached a compromise. I was really worried about your state of mind in your post yesterday - it bothered me all day that you were feeling so low - and aside from loads of supportive replies, I was worried when some people started being deliberately controversial in their replies to provoke a response. It seemed that some replies were not put there to offer support, advice or an opposite view but to wind people up and play games.

For someone facing a major decision who was so obviously distressed it seemed a terrible thing to do! Would they really say those things to you if you were sat on the settee next to them balling your eyes out?!

People who are feeling low can easily tip into being depressed and will ignore anything positive said and just focus on the negative, because, lets face it - it is easier to allow those negative feelings in, as you don't have to do anything about them but let them wash over you. It's hard work to be positive and work through your problems to find a solution.

You were given lots of good advice. I am so glad you read the positive stuff (and constructive negative stuff) and what a great community this is with people wanting to help you when you needed it.

It seems a great compromise and is a warning to us all that if we have problems with our relationships here they will transfer with us when we go, and we cannot look on the move to Oz through rose-tinted glasses.

Just one thing you need to know when you return home - THE COUNCIL HAVE TURNED INTO THE POLICE NOW AND THE POLICE ARE STUCK BEHIND DESKS!!! So be prepared to be fined for walking a cross-eyed, 3 legged dog without a permit! The council employs special people now to think up ways of fining us as the fat cats can't get any more money out of us for their pensions! (Only joking, but you never know these days!)

I would just say that I listen to people telling me not to look on Oz with rose-tinted glasses, please look on returning to the UK with the same open mind. Homesickness can blur our perspective.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Tracy

Meme,

I am so pleased for you, you've still got a long journey ahead but if you and OH can take it together then that has to be a good thing.

Don't forget when you come back everyone will be SO pleased to see you and make lots of effort but it isn't real life - I'm not out in Oz yet (& reading posts like yours is SO scary, but a good thing too) but our migration consultant was telling us he sees a lot of what he calls 'Boomerangs' people who migrate move back & migrate again for that very reason.

Jules

Hi, MeMe

It is good to hear your husband is supporting you in your decision now, I think you do have to go home it will give you a clearer view on how you feel, and at the end of the day it will be money well spent if it gives you peace of mind. Good luck keep us posted and let us know how it all goes.

Guest natalie langley

LOL how funny good plan B we no quite a few people that were in your position went back hated it and are back in OZ

GOOD LUCK

Archived