Bacon & Sausages

Guest vickilb77

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :biglaugh:

right now i have got that out of my system they are gross disgusting yuk yuk yuk

bacon is thick and uurrrggghhh sausages im yet to find a nice sausage here we went to Brits on the bayside to get some english sausages we havent had a fry up for ages and thats what i misssssss sssssooooooooo much so make sure you get plenty before you leave.

xx

Supposedly they sell English style sausages at the butchers in Runaway Bay; have yet to try but told they are excellent:cute:

Sausages are not the same, but you get used to them I guess; bacon is not so good either I agree. Best from the deli than in packets I've found.

If you like your sausages beef flavoured and your bacon smoked, you'll be fine. You can get sausages that aren't beef, but they are crap too.

I've not found any bacon that isn't smoked yet. It doesn't help that they don't mark the fact that it's smoked. Here, bacon is bacon.

If you want ham unsmoked, forget it. They even sell double smoked!!!! I've not tried it and I'm not going to either.

I hate smoked food, but eat the bacon once in a while (4 times in four months since I got here).

I think it goes back to the early days, pre refidgeration, when smoking was a way of preserving meat and it's just stuck.

I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

Frank

I can't get used to bacon and sausages here. I guess i was spoilt back in the Uk as i used to buy my sausages from 'farm shops'. We sell sausages and bacon in our shop from The British Sausage Co. They are very good but it's still not the same!

The british sausage company are based in Osbourne Park. The owner, i believe, is a guy called Mick ( a geordie). They have won many awards over here in Perth and are sold in every Coles and Woolworths outlet. They are the closest thing to a british banger that you will find here.

Trouble wuth aussie snags they contain meat and are not full of cereal and lard lol. Avon alley meats do cracking steak snags watch out for the kanga snags they fly!!

Mally

Mal .. I've said before you were supposed to catch it ... you only had a beer in one hand .. you told me men can multi-task

Where's Avon Alley meats?

Guest BullcreekBob
No - I haven't found a nice bacon ...

Hiya Ali

Head to Hadley's - the butcher in the little shops in Apsley Rd, Willetton. Nice bacon and mighty fine sangers too.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
I can't get used to bacon and sausages here. I guess i was spoilt back in the Uk as i used to buy my sausages from 'farm shops'. We sell sausages and bacon in our shop from The British Sausage Co. They are very good but it's still not the same!

The british sausage company are based in Osbourne Park. The owner, i believe, is a guy called Mick ( a geordie). They have won many awards over here in Perth and are sold in every Coles and Woolworths outlet. They are the closest thing to a british banger that you will find here.

Can't you get frozen sausages shipped over or doesnt frozen food work like that for sale in your shop Ian?

Aldi do bacon in a blue twin pack ,its about $9, I cant remember what its called but its not bad ,its the favorite in this house anyway,lol

Cal x

Bless you for telling me where to get good bacon...result.....respect.

Archived