Shop Research - What UK brands do you miss most and why

Guest pj

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30038
Speaking on his behalf if i may.....Did ya really need to go into that much detail? Really? Really did ya?

Cos this is gonna be brought up again at his 16th, 18th, 21st, wedding, and infinity isnt it?

Seriously hope he's ok....and that you have enough pre-prepared food to take you through til 'she' gets home

You're too damned right! Just like this pic will be pulled out: :biglaugh:

chocky_buns.jpg?t=1244849395

Yeah, got plenty of pre-prepared food...........like last nights dinner that they never came home to eat!

kev

Guest AudBod

I wouldn't imagine that any of the major retailers like M&S, Next, George at Asda etc would be interested, as they are simply too big and don't sell their ranges outwith their own stores.

One that may be worth a bit of research is 'Ladybird' which was the kids range at the now defunct Woolworths (UK version).

I always found their kids ranges reasonably priced, fashionable and of good quality. My daughter sobbed her eyes out when our local Big W closed, as she had got so many dressing up outfits from there. (Snow White, Cinderella, High School Musical Cheerleader etc).

They did the Bratz, High School Musical, Disney Princess, Action Man, Ben10 ranges etc, which are popular worldwide, as well as school uniforms and trendy general kids clothing and shoes.

I know that there are Woolworths/Big W stores in Oz, but I don't know if they do the 'Ladybird' range. If not, someone somewhere will have the rights to the name and details of suppliers of Ladybird clothing, which are no longer of any use to them since Woolies closed in the UK.

I'm off to the Patents office tomorrow to register my idea, but I'll settle for 25% if you use this idea and become a multi millionaire. LOL

Aud

• 2 months later...
Guest samantha1234
Not there just yet so haven't really checked out what the clothing is like. I know I'm going to miss Next though!

Cheryl

Hi we found a good online shop called www.shop4fashion.com.au They sell Next and Monsoon and all the big uk brands so good luck with them.

Guest Paigee

Hiaaa....Im New but im still living in the Uk but my family and I plan on moving to Oz in the middle of october.

From reading these post I am Devostated about there being no River Island and Next =(

Hahaha, a dont know weither there in Oz but is there a Primark?

Also Pj I most girls in my high school loove the following shops -

River Island - High Fashion Styles

Miss Selfridge - Nice cheaper but still expensive styles (more like the new in look)

Primark - Cheaper version of river island

New Look - suites all looks

Matlan - Cheap but nice

Cant think of anymore haha x Hope that helpes =)

Hiaaa....Im New but im still living in the Uk but my family and I plan on moving to Oz in the middle of october.

From reading these post I am Devostated about there being no River Island and Next =(

Hahaha, a dont know weither there in Oz but is there a Primark?

Also Pj I most girls in my high school loove the following shops -

River Island - High Fashion Styles

Miss Selfridge - Nice cheaper but still expensive styles (more like the new in look)

Primark - Cheaper version of river island

New Look - suites all looks

Matlan - Cheap but nice

Cant think of anymore haha x Hope that helpes =)

Oz fashion ,boardies , thongs sorted

Guest eviebear

I miss Asda George clothes for my kids, although nanna does send quite a bit over for them bless her. Even though you can get a top for 1.50 its high in quality and lasts way longer than anything i have even bought then over here for $20. Next for mens and womens clothes especially the jeans! What i love about Next is you know you can go in there for any occasion and come out with bags full of goodies, im yet to find the same in Perth.

The same as others really , M&S is a firm favourite, I did hear throught the grapevine that they were opening stores here in 2010, but I contacted them and they told me that they have no plans at the moment, and my second, as has been mentioned is Next. I am a size 16 -18 and find it hard to but clothes for the "larger lady" :spinny:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I missing Topshop and Faith for trendy clothes/shoes and definately Primark and Tesco for the cheap and cheerful. Plus I used to order from eyeslipsface (ELF cosmetics) when I was in the UK as they have really cheap makeup but they don't ship to Oz.

oh also forgot MUJI!!!!!! and H&M!!!! although I did see a few H&M pieces in one SES store here in sydney.

Guest littlesarah

All these posts make me sooo glad that I find it impossible to find clothes that fit! As a result I absolutely hate clothes shopping, as it leaves me feeling angry and depressed.

Having said that, I love the tops in Tree of Life, all their stuff comes from small factories in India (family-run and fairly-traded if the shop's leaflets are to be believed) & is good quality.

I'm hoping to take evening classes in dressmaking, and that way I'll get clothes that actually fit me properly! An added bonus is that fabric's cheap in Spotlight...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amywilson

Hi i miss asda! especially george at the minuite im getting my family to get me stuff and bring it over when they vist lol oh and Evans - being a bigger lady i miss the variety of clothes in bigger sizes. If anyone knows of bigger size clothes shops in adelaide id be very grateful c ya amy xx

miss marks and spencer, and the per una range bought from Altrincham Market at half the price, really miss UK charity shops, crap in Australia don't I sound like a cheap scape lol I'm not really,but do like the chatter and the buzz of a bargain when shopping there.as I have worked long hours in my past life,its nice having the time to browse for a bargain(not route) have met some of the most entertaining people especially the staff who give up there time for charity

miss marks and spencer, and the per una range bought from Altrincham Market at half the price, really miss UK charity shops, crap in Australia don't I sound like a cheap scape lol I'm not really,but do like the chatter and the buzz of a bargain when shopping there.as I have worked long hours in my past life,its nice having the time to browse for a bargain(not route) have met some of the most entertaining people especially the staff who give up there time for charity

forgot about Primark,what a buzz all that crap was,bought loads haha

Anyone seen the range of Undearwear that "Katie Price" alias Jordan does in Asda, OMG its lovely undearwear for bigger girls and bigger chests!!!!! not sure if you can view it online, but when we went back in sept i spent a fortune!!!!! bras like 15 pound and knickers 8 pound, cant get a good fittin bra here from the likes of myer for less than $60-100. !!!! i also liked "ethel austins for all the kids undearwear and school socks, hair baubles and stuff as well as "george" and primark. next is defo my favourite!!!!

bring on the rellies at christmas with all the goodies haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YorkshireLad

I miss a proper cuppa tea for one.The real BBC.Real Lager.---I miss many UK brands.I find almost any UK brand is superior than the equivalent Aussie brand,company and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HappyTravels

I miss Dorothy Perkins and River Island - perfect for smart work wear, shirts etc. Im petite and slim and find it hard to get clothes small enough. Target's clothes often come up too big.

I think a Dorothy Perkins would go well hear - especially their petit and tall ranges. Also Ive found it impossible (or very difficult) to find shoes in size 3 - in Perth, so maybe a shoe store selling a wider range of sizes would be good - like Faith - with lots of styles.

I often order things online and get them delivered to my parents to bring over next time they are out here, or to post on to me. more and more stores are now delivering to Australia. I hardly buy anything out here!

Ohh - went a bit crazy in Anne Summers last time I was back- nice underwear is SOOOOO expensive over here!!

Guest evertheoptimist

I miss Aussie Miracle. Fact, it cannot be bought over here, or at least on this side of the country i laughed when i found out then panicked because i was starting to look like a scarecrow.

• 3 months later...
Guest Stuarts

I miss H & M so much, lots of shops in the UK now (i.e top shop, dorothy perkins etc) will post to Aus you just need to look on the UK clothes websites.

Becky

Guest tiddywiddy

Excuse my ignorance, but surely with soooo many brits in Aus, and everybody else in Aus, couldnt companies such as Tesco's / Asda / Sainsburys etc open some stores. Ive read on so many threads about the lack of choice for clothes & no price wars on foods etc. They dont need to even sell all british makes of food, prehaps a small section ie "The Brit Aisle", wouldnt mind most of the clothes here in Britain in the above shops are made abroad???? Would also give employment to people?

Tina, Essex

Archived