Quitting job while awaiting 190 visa processing

hellopat4

Hi, I currently have a 190 visa application currently awaiting processing.

I plan on quitting my current job in the UK to go travelling while I wait for the visa to be processed. Yes, I know there are risks to this, for example the visa taking longer to be processed than expected, but I am financially capable of waiting out any problems that may occur, and could also potentially enter Australia on a working holiday visa in the meantime, so I am not looking for advice on this. As to why I don't want to just wait until the visa is granted and then travel, again, I have my reasons that I do not plan to go into here.

What I would like to know is; would there be a risk of this negatively impacting my visa application? I have already received state sponsorship, been invited to apply, and submitted a full and complete application including health assessments etc. The job I will be leaving will be the same job type I am entering Australia to begin working in.

I would be notifying the department of home affairs on my immiaccount page via the "Notification of change in circumstances" form. 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I think I know what I'm doing here but I could be missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

7 hours ago, hellopat4 said:

I plan on quitting my current job in the UK to go travelling while I wait for the visa to be processed. Yes, I know there are risks to this, for example the visa taking longer to be processed than expected, but I am financially capable of waiting out any problems that may occur, and could also potentially enter Australia on a working holiday visa in the meantime, so I am not looking for advice on this. As to why I don't want to just wait until the visa is granted and then travel, again, I have my reasons that I do not plan to go into here.

What I would like to know is; would there be a risk of this negatively impacting my visa application? I have already received state sponsorship, been invited to apply, and submitted a full and complete application including health assessments etc. The job I will be leaving will be the same job type I am entering Australia to begin working in.

I would be notifying the department of home affairs on my immiaccount page via the "Notification of change in circumstances" form. 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I think I know what I'm doing here but I could be missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

It won't negatively affect your application, but remember there is never a guarantee that a visa will actually be granted. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

It won't negatively affect your application, but remember there is never a guarantee that a visa will actually be granted. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Apologies if this seems rude but looking at your post history you seem very knowledgeable about visas, may I ask about your background on the subject please?

Once again thank you!

2 hours ago, hellopat4 said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Apologies if this seems rude but looking at your post history you seem very knowledgeable about visas, may I ask about your background on the subject please?

Once again thank you!

25 years on forums like this, absorbing info, its that simple 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hellopat4 said:

I plan on quitting my current job in the UK to go travelling while I wait for the visa to be processed. Yes, I know there are risks to this, for example the visa taking longer to be processed than expected....

I'm not aware of any reason why it should take longer?  

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm not aware of any reason why it should take longer?  

The new government have said they are going to give priority to the backlog. The 887 PR queue is nearing 2 years, so they may move the resources away from new applications (such as the 190) onto this, this is my speculation though.

Edited by JetBlast