Moving from uk to aus skilled/non skilled

Ben678

Moving to Australia 🇦🇺 From 🇬🇧

So Iv been wanting to move to Australia for a few years now there’s a few things that really appeal to me as a person and to us as a family. We are prepared to work hard for it. I am hoping to document this process as I go. 

As far as how far we want to go  We would like to get permanent citizenship out there eventually with no turning back! 

Age me and my partner both 30 with a child of 13 now. Ideally we would like to move to either Brisbane area or Perth. We are massive beach go’ers love paddle boarding surfing and camping. This is mainly what we would do in our spare time. 

Jobs - 

This is my main bug about everything Iv read online or seen on YouTube etc. Everyone moving out there either has a higher degree or masters and it seems this is the only way to guarantee some good points for visa application. But is it possible to do on a medium / white collar jobs.

Im medically trained to an emergency level with internationally recognised qualifications including driving. ( however not completed a degree yet.) I am currently trained as a bar/ hospitality supervisor currently. Holding a public alcohol licence for supervisor and management positions.   ( mad switch I know but it has its reasons) I do still participate in community first responder roles to keep on top of my skills. I would  like to continue my career within the medical services maybe looking at going into hospital care advancing  my qualifications into a qualified nurse etc. ( would this be able to fall under a sponsorship? ) 

My partner is a property manager for local property firm. ( sure I read somewhere she could get a sponsored visa from a new employer out in aus. But this is a 2 year temporary visa. 

Education - we are hoping to tie this in with when are child has completed her GSCE’s so we can look at colleges over in aus. This gives a time scale of around 33 months. 

We will
Be seeking advice from a authorised migration company. But just wanted some great advice if anyone has any here Has any insight this would
Be great !

No idea if your careers are eligible or not, but on the subject of child's schooling.

GCSEs are totally irrelevant over in AUS so if you are all committed to coming I wouldn't wait until after GCSE, I would be starting it now so she has the longest time possible to settle into her new life, it will be harder (at least in her head) to move in the mid-term period (16-18) than it will be right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d say speak to a migrant agent first up as you will get straight answers.  There are several that regularly post on here and they’re highly regarded.  Your jobs sound like they may not be enough to secure a permanent visa but I could be wrong.  A consultation with an agent is a must I’d say to see if there is anything in your job titles/experience that can help you,  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ben678 said:

I see what your saying yer I guess that would be the best route for us at the moment it’s financing stilL having to save for everything to move as well as being able to live. Thanks for your reply  🙂

Be prepared then, migration isn't cheap.

By the time we had paid visas, medicals, police, vetassess, language and agent fees we had already spent £10k on the process.

Flights will be another £2,500 for three people.

Moving costs will be at least £2,000 (or similar to buy some.new stuff here)

You will need somewhere to stay for at least a month while you find a rental and a month deposit (for us that has been £3,400)

You then need to have money to live (work on £1,500 a month for 3 months) while looking for jobs and waiting for first pay packet.

So just a simple move is £22k+ and there are countless other things I haven't included (like a car if you need one for instance)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brisbane does not have a beach. During the recent downpours I had one in my office that ruined 3 laser printers and various other appliances. It drowned most of the cockroaches by the look of it, so it was not all bad news.

Any of the registered migration agents who regularly post on this forum will give you a straight answer about your visa prospects.

As others have said, the job situation doesn't sound promising.  You must have an occupation that's on the "skilled lists" AND you must have the qualifications they specify AND you must have relevant, on-the-job experience.  Note that work experience gained before you've got your qualification doesn't count for anything.

This means that if you need to retrain to get a visa, you'll also need to work for a few years before you're eligible to even apply for the visa, then the whole process takes over a year. And of course, meanwhile you're getting older, and you'll lose points for age.

That makes it all the more important to book a one-off consultation with an agent now (Paul Hand, who replied, comes highly recommended).   If you're going to have any hope of migrating, you need to hit the ground running as soon as possible.  

On education - there are no colleges in Australia.  Children go to the same secondary school all the way through from year 7 to Year 12.  

Edited by Marisawright

18 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Be prepared then, migration isn't cheap.

By the time we had paid visas, medicals, police, vetassess, language and agent fees we had already spent £10k on the process.

Flights will be another £2,500 for three people.

Moving costs will be at least £2,000 (or similar to buy some.new stuff here)

You will need somewhere to stay for at least a month while you find a rental and a month deposit (for us that has been £3,400)

You then need to have money to live (work on £1,500 a month for 3 months) while looking for jobs and waiting for first pay packet.

So just a simple move is £22k+ and there are countless other things I haven't included (like a car if you need one for instance)

Same here. We are a family of 6 so I think it was creeping towards £11,000 or so to get to submitting the 491 visa. We have budgeted £20k for the move and first 3 months but with the shipping costs and rental prices in QLD just now,  that budget might get blown out of the water 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, skyeman said:

Same here. We are a family of 6 so I think it was creeping towards £11,000 or so to get to submitting the 491 visa. We have budgeted £20k for the move and first 3 months but with the shipping costs and rental prices in QLD just now,  that budget might get blown out of the water 

We are renting within 30 minutes on the bus of the Sydney Opera House, so I can certainly say I have experience now of exorbitant rental costs 😉