Ceremony and vaccination status

sarens

Does anyone know if there are vaccination requirements to attend the ceremony?

If so, what would happen if a person  is neither vaccinated nor has an exemption ? would an online ceremony be offered ?

Please refrain to comment about vaccines.

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, sarens said:

Does anyone know if there are vaccination requirements to attend the ceremony?

If so, what would happen if a person  is neither vaccinated nor has an exemption ? would an online ceremony be offered ?

In most states, if you are attending an indoor venue you will have to check in and show proof of vaccination.   It's very unlikely there will  be any special exemptions for citizenship ceremonies. 

Some councils may offer an online ceremony. If they do, then everyone will have the option to attend it, nothing to do with vaccination status. 

1 hour ago, sarens said:

Thanks Marisawright.

So I guess that means COVID vaccination seems be a final requirement to get citizenship in those councils without online ceremony.

Interesting..

Depends on the Council I think - I was reading this week about Mackay (Queensland) where they effectively split the ceremony into two parts, one for vaxxed & one for un-vaxxed, so that no one missed out due to their vax status

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

In most states, if you are attending an indoor venue you will have to check in and show proof of vaccination.   It's very unlikely there will  be any special exemptions for citizenship ceremonies. 

Some councils may offer an online ceremony. If they do, then everyone will have the option to attend it, nothing to do with vaccination status. 

In SA I have never been asked to prove my vaccination status to attend a venue. Nor do I know anyone who has.

12 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Depends on the Council I think - I was reading this week about Mackay (Queensland) where they effectively split the ceremony into two parts, one for vaxxed & one for un-vaxxed, so that no one missed out due to their vax status

That gives hope..thanks.