How long before it felt normal to live in Australia

North to South

2 minutes ago, ramot said:

I do agree with you on the whole Paul, but I have just phoned the council to complain about the dog deposits on the grass in front of our house. We live by a lake and more and more irresponsible dog owners are treating it like a dog park, dogs off leashes and even though dog bags and bins are provided they are ignored by these owners, I mean who cares that people live here, and that flies spread disease.

I checked and it’s ok to put laminated warning sign up, theoretically only  A4 size, needs to be in big black print so the owners can read it from the path, or perhaps several with only a couple of words on each? not that they care as they never bother to see where their dogs are. Thinking of a spy camera to catch an action shot, and put them on the wall to shame the owners.

I'm not sure there is much point to putting up a sign.  Responsible dog owners will pick up after their dogs any way and irresponsible ones will just ignore the signs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NicF said:

I'm not sure there is much point to putting up a sign.  Responsible dog owners will pick up after their dogs any way and irresponsible ones will just ignore the signs.

I know, but at least I have tried, it’s got much worse lately,  I don’t think anyone would like to sit on their deck with 5 dog deposits on the grass below them, and it’s obviously from large dogs. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ramot said:

I know, but at least I have tried, it’s got much worse lately,  I don’t think anyone would like to sit on their deck with 5 dog deposits on the grass below them, and it’s obviously from large dogs. 

They obviously don't give a shit 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul1Perth said:

I noticed they'd spent heaps on tidying up the canal network when we were on holiday a few years back. We used to live near Hyde and the canal through Hyde wasn't navigable at one time. It was horrible, full of prams and crap. Now it's cleaned up, big new basin built for longboats, new pub, can ride the bike on the canal path right into and through Manchester. 

I doubt there's going to be much money to throw around on that stuff after covid though.

Don't get me wrong they have spent alot in some areas, but with cash being short they have just spent it on the cities.

They keep saying how short of money they are, yet they keep voting to give themselves pay rises.

Big issue in the UK is to many handouts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramot said:

There are some filthy, couldn't care less dog owners around.  Most are pretty good though.  Another lot that get on my nerves are the ones who do pick up and bag the dog poo then throw the bag on the ground!!  What the  *****  .............................  Too lazy to put it in the bin.  😡

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Toots said:

There are some filthy, couldn't care less dog owners around.  Most are pretty good though.  Another lot that get on my nerves are the ones who do pick up and bag the dog poo then throw the bag on the ground!!  What the  *****  .............................  Too lazy to put it in the bin.  😡

There is a bloke down the street that does/did this. If he thinks you are looking, he will bag it but the moment he's out of sight, he throws the bag into the bushes on the parkland. I collected and saved 5 bags then left them on his doorstep one night. Seems that he's got the message as there's no more bags in the bushes. <Big grin comes across my face as I think of him trying to figure out who left them> 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Congratulations 1

On 10/06/2021 at 15:28, Marisawright said:

I'm not sure what you expected?   

Someone comes along and starts a friendly conversation with us and you respond with rude answer. If you was speaking in person would you be so curt?

Edited by JetBlast
  • Like 2