Government reshuffle

Paul1Perth

20 hours ago, newjez said:

I quite liked Turnbull. Not many libs I would vote for but I would have voted for him.

What was it you didn't like about him?

He'd had one go and when he got back in I thought he'd be good. For some reason he always looked out of his depth and never seemed confident. 

2 hours ago, Parley said:

If Labor were smart they would appoint Tanya Plibersek as leader. She would be much better than Albo.

I don't think she wanted the job Parley. She wouldn't be a bad choice mind you, seems more competent than the current leader. She would have to get a better team around her too.

39 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

How can you be pro coal in one state and against in another stupidity at its best coal is used in so much more than just creating electricity , he is still bitter about being dumped but was happy to do same to TA

I think you have to take the development of mines individually. There are loads of factors that need to be looked at for each application.

I thought Turnbull was against the mine in Queensland? Maybe not him personally but he was under pressure from the cabinet.

I think that's where Labor here have got it wrong, usually they would be the party behind big mining and developments that generate loads of jobs for tradies and the working class. That's where their vote has traditionally come from. They've moved too far over to the greens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

How can you be pro coal in one state and against in another stupidity at its best coal is used in so much more than just creating electricity , he is still bitter about being dumped but was happy to do same to TA

The impact of every mine should be assessed separately.

I mean think about it. Do you really think that if you have two mines, one in the middle of nowhere in an area of insignificance with good transport and one in an area of outstanding beauty with significant risk to the environment with transport that is insufficient, that you ignore all that and just say you are pro coal or anti coal?

How can you not assess the impact of each mine independently?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Parley said:

If Labor were smart they would appoint Tanya Plibersek as leader. She would be much better than Albo.

Agreed. Tanya Plibersek is Labor's only hope.  I Like TP

Warts and all, the Libs will be returned if Albo is the alternative, and worse with Bill Shorten being seen to be still pulling the strings. I would think that there are many in the electorate who remember Bill Shorten's attack on their livelihoods in the last election campaign. Bad move Bill, why are you still there? 

Labor will be banished to wander the political badlands, out there amongst the scorpions, and they (the Libs) know this, as do Labor.

With Tanya Plibersek as leader though, things will be far more competitive.  

Edited by Dusty Plains

6 hours ago, newjez said:

The impact of every mine should be assessed separately.

I mean think about it. Do you really think that if you have two mines, one in the middle of nowhere in an area of insignificance with good transport and one in an area of outstanding beauty with significant risk to the environment with transport that is insufficient, that you ignore all that and just say you are pro coal or anti coal?

How can you not assess the impact of each mine independently?

Turnbull is not assessing mines individually he’s stated that they should be gone in nsw. 
How can you go from leader of lib party to head of a left wing think tank for labour. 
He is still very bitter how he was dumped as pm. 

from 2017

And earlier this week, the PM talked up the need for Australia to embrace "clean coal" as an alternative to relying on renewable energy.

"We will need more synchronous baseload power and as the world’s largest coal exporter we have a vested interest in showing that we can provide both lower emissions and reliable base load power with state-of-the-art clean coal-fired technology," Turnbull said in a speech to the Press Club.

3 strikes and you're out.

Malcolm Turnbull has been axed from a climate job only 1 week after being appointed.

Obviously that appointment failed the pub test and was met with disdain. Luckily they dumped him before he got to cause too much damage.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Parley said:

Malcolm Turnbull has been axed from a climate job only 1 week after being appointed.

Obviously that appointment failed the pub test and was met with disdain. Luckily they dumped him before he got to cause too much damage.

I'm sure the multi millionaire Mr Turnbull will be extremely upset and grateful for your interest.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, newjez said:

I'm sure the multi millionaire Mr Turnbull will be extremely upset and grateful for your interest.

He seems to want a job for some reason. I think there are a certain type amongst us who like the power. Maybe it gives them a feeling of being wanted.

On 06/04/2021 at 08:02, Parley said:

I guess if Mr Murdoch doesn't like you then you've got to go. Maybe they should have specified "yes man" on the job description?

20 hours ago, newjez said:

I guess if Mr Murdoch doesn't like you then you've got to go. Maybe they should have specified "yes man" on the job description?

If your job is to implement government policy then you should do it. Not be a big mouth talking directly against your employer.

Edited by Parley

13 hours ago, Parley said:

If your job is to implement government policy then you should do it. Not be a big mouth talking directly against your employer.

If you don't want to be a yes man, then I can understand how that may cause conflict. But personally, I see integrity as part of a positive skill set.