Moving back to the U.K tomorrow (Christmas Day!)

Lynne shenfine

Hi everyone.  

Im not sure if anyone will remember me but it was just to let everyone know my husband secured a fantastic job in Jersey in the Channel islands in November.

We sold our house, cars, wrapped up life here and despite the Covid situation are flying home tomorrow from Adelaide.

I thought we would have some sadness but to be honest we just feel a sense of relief and that we are 'going home'

We are flying business class with Qatar. Flights and exemption were very straight forward. 

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year and I hope 2021 is a more peaceful and happier  year for everyone!

I will keep you posted...........

Much love XXXX

• Like 5
  • Congratulations 5

49 minutes ago, Lynne shenfine said:

Hi everyone.  

Im not sure if anyone will remember me but it was just to let everyone know my husband secured a fantastic job in Jersey in the Channel islands in November.

We sold our house, cars, wrapped up life here and despite the Covid situation are flying home tomorrow from Adelaide.

I thought we would have some sadness but to be honest we just feel a sense of relief and that we are 'going home'

We are flying business class with Qatar. Flights and exemption were very straight forward. 

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year and I hope 2021 is a more peaceful and happier  year for everyone!

I will keep you posted...........

Much love XXXX

Good luck and enjoy the flight in business class.

New start for you in 2021 in lovely Jersey 😊 enjoy and stay safe.

X

• Like 1

If it feels like youre going home then its a good move without a doubt.

Youve got a decent sounding job (for one of you) which in the current climate is a great start.   Were in ADL but went back to the Lake District in 2018 but found it tough to find decent jobs so came back, essentially for the jobs and weather here.   I loved being back in the UK.    Good luck, stay safe and merry xmas  

Edited by Johnny Kash
  • Like 1

Glad to hear things have worked out well for you - good luck and bon voyage!!!  We flew into Aus on Christmas morning last year and it was an odd experience flying at Christmas - hope you have a good day and a smooth trip!

Jersey will be a lovely adventure!

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 14:09, Lynne shenfine said:

Jersey in the Channel islands

Wow. Lucky you. I got offered a job there (Sark) once many moons ago, but came out to Australia instead. I adore OZ and consider it my home now. But if I ever moved back, then can think of worst places than the Channel islands. Very similar to Tasmania in scenery it seems. From my understanding, islanders tend to think of themselves as French rather than English, at least that is how it use to be when I was offered a job. Wonder how it is now?