Citizenship Penal Certificate request twice

jadee

Good evening everyone I hope you’re well.

I recently (September 2020) submitted my citizenship application and “front loaded” I.e submitted all documents including but not limited to my UK police check. 

I have just received a further information request asking for my police check. 
I’m not sure what else they need/ want from me?

My ACRO police check is dated within the last 12 month and states my maiden name.

Since applying for citizenship and the police check I have not left the Country.

Has anyone else been asked for their police check twice or know what I need to do?! 

Any help would be amazing! Cheers! 

On 27/11/2020 at 20:17, jadee said:

I recently (September 2020) submitted my citizenship application and “front loaded” I.e submitted all documents including but not limited to my UK police check. 

My ACRO police check is dated within the last 12 month and states my maiden name.

Since applying for citizenship and the police check I have not left the Country.

Has anyone else been asked for their police check twice or know what I need to do?! 

I was asked to send the original documents to the local office. 

Rather than 'front loading' I thought you had to supply all the documents at application and produce the originals at the interview

Hi Rammygirl. Thanks so much. I did exactly that 😀

I did call the immigration dept and although they weren’t much help- as it wasn’t a personal response to my case more generic advice - they pretty much said the same. 
They also advised to follow up with an email- which is did.

Thank you for your reply! Much appreciated! 

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2020 at 22:17, jadee said:

Hi Jadee,

I'm just applying for my citizenship now. Bit confused about the overseas police check - when it says granted does it mean activated? E.g my visa was granted in July 2016 but didn't arrive in Australia until Jan 2017. Do you think I need a police check for that time?

Thanks 🙂

17 hours ago, Beckb said:

Hi Jadee,

I'm just applying for my citizenship now. Bit confused about the overseas police check - when it says granted does it mean activated? E.g my visa was granted in July 2016 but didn't arrive in Australia until Jan 2017. Do you think I need a police check for that time?

Thanks 🙂

Yes. If you had stayed overseas after you were granted PR for over 3 months, you will need Police Clearance from that country.