Need help please on 189/190/partner visa

sarahkoch

Hi everyone, need some advice on PR pathways please.

My partner and I are currently living in Melbourne. both of us are on 485 (Temporary graduate) visas.
My visa expires in April 2021 and partner's visa in April 2022.
I will be the primary applicant (IT Systems Analyst).
I'm currently in the process of gathering documents for an ACS skills assessment.

Post a successful skills assessment by the ACS, I plan to apply for an EOI for subclass 189 and 190.

In the event that I do not receive an invite before my visa expires, what are my options ?

option 1  - Can I jump onto my partner's visa (we are in a de-facto) using the subsequent entrant visa? This will give me an additional year in Australia till my partner's visa expires.
If proving a de-facto is difficult (we have been together for ~3 years), we anyway planned to get married once the situation improved. We can pre-pone the marriage registration and then apply for the visa(if that's easier than proving de-facto). Is there a rule that we have to be married for certain years/months before I apply for a subsequent entrant visa?

option 2  - Jump on a visitor visa. Do not prefer this option as I would have to leave my full time job.

Are there any other options I have ?

You help and any advice will really be appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

8 hours ago, sarahkoch said:

Hi everyone, need some advice on PR pathways please.

My partner and I are currently living in Melbourne. both of us are on 485 (Temporary graduate) visas.
My visa expires in April 2021 and partner's visa in April 2022.
I will be the primary applicant (IT Systems Analyst).
I'm currently in the process of gathering documents for an ACS skills assessment.

Post a successful skills assessment by the ACS, I plan to apply for an EOI for subclass 189 and 190.

In the event that I do not receive an invite before my visa expires, what are my options ?

option 1  - Can I jump onto my partner's visa (we are in a de-facto) using the subsequent entrant visa? This will give me an additional year in Australia till my partner's visa expires.
If proving a de-facto is difficult (we have been together for ~3 years), we anyway planned to get married once the situation improved. We can pre-pone the marriage registration and then apply for the visa(if that's easier than proving de-facto). Is there a rule that we have to be married for certain years/months before I apply for a subsequent entrant visa?

option 2  - Jump on a visitor visa. Do not prefer this option as I would have to leave my full time job.

Are there any other options I have ?

You help and any advice will really be appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

Be mindful that a marriage certificate by itself does not guarantee you can be added to your partner's visa. Irrespective of whether you are married or de facto, you still need to evidence the relationship as genuine.

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Be mindful that a marriage certificate by itself does not guarantee you can be added to your partner's visa. Irrespective of whether you are married or de facto, you still need to evidence the relationship as genuine.

Thank you, Raul! I will do some more research on relationship evidences. 

9 hours ago, paulhand said:

Option 1 should be doable, based on what you have written, and there may be other options to suggest once an Agent has properly reviewed your circumstances.

Thank you, Paul! Was just looking to get some idea on the topic before i reach out to a migration agent.