EOI waiting

Hi everyone..

I have completed my EOI on 21/12/2019 with 70 points. Would 70 be considered good? I am thinking of sitting the PTE exam AGAIN as I received 76 overall which is proficient, should I attempt it again to try for superior?  English is my first language but I have to admit, the exam was pretty tough. This waiting game gives me anxiety. Also applying under “social work”

thanks in advance for any replies 

On 01/09/2020 at 21:32, RoisinDonnelly said:

I’m applying for visa 190... still pending on skill select since December 😞

If you've been waiting this long and you still have it in your control to be able to get more points (through the exam), I'd be retaking it. Every point you get makes you more interesting than the people either side of you in the waiting room

Let's see it from the immigration team viewpoint. They have an applicant from someone in Cambodia with exactly the same profile as you (skills, quals, experience and both with proficient English).

Which person do they presume wants it more? The person who had to learn a foreign language to get the points or the person who is a native speaker of that language?

I don't know if they look at it that way (my agent certainly was of the opinion they did), but even if they don't the 10 points won't hurt your chances

Edited by Ausvisitor
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Azstafford93 said:

im currently going for a 190 visa with 70 points but if i do English i get to 80 points, i already failed the English test with 55 in speaking i must admit it is hard but i would deffo try again, what state did you lodge eoi with?

I applied for NSW. You? When did you do your eoi? 

I am in the same scenario here - social worker applying for 189 and 190(Victoria) with 70 points. I have more than 15 years of experience working with families (verified by AASW) and also has superior Eng. Seems like everything is at a standstill now till Oct. But does anyone know, given my scenario, if my chances are there even before the current pandemic situation?

1 hour ago, JimL said:

I am in the same scenario here - social worker applying for 189 and 190(Victoria) with 70 points. I have more than 15 years of experience working with families (verified by AASW) and also has superior Eng. Seems like everything is at a standstill now till Oct. But does anyone know, given my scenario, if my chances are there even before the current pandemic situation?

Absolutely no chance of the 189 with those points. I hope someone else will know the chances for a 190

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...