Life in quarantine (Melbourne)

Lavers

26 minutes ago, MelbourneTractor said:

Hi Lavers, thanks for quarantine updates. Couple of q's on your experience...

Is the internet access at the hotel unlimited?

Were you able to take hand luggage on your flight?

Unlimited wifi which is a good job really.

Brought my firestik, Ps4 and kids ipads.

Hand luggage is 1 piece per person at 7kg, although ours where nearer 10kg but they never weighed them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

Will they let you into South Australia now that the boarder is closing midnight on Wednesday?

Hi Jenki yeah it should be fine as they are only letting SA residents in.

Just have to fill a form in online before we cross over.

2 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Unlimited wifi which is a good job really.

Brought my firestik, Ps4 and kids ipads.

Hand luggage is 1 piece per person at 7kg, although ours where nearer 10kg but they never weighed them.

That's good news, I should be able to pack my iMac in it's flight bag and work from the hotel then!

17 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hi Jenki yeah it should be fine as they are only letting SA residents in.

Just have to fill a form in online before we cross over.

That's Awesome, take care on your drive over the boarder! Your almost here.

• Thanks 1

Day 8 😁

Still all good although the kids are starting to get a little bored, just hoping that we can spend some time in Melbourne before we have to self isolate in Adelaide.

Department of health rang today to discuss our freedom, so they arrange a taxi nearer the time to take you to where you need to go free of charge. I asked about the lockdown and our plans and they said that as long as we are out of the lockdown zones then we are free to move about. So 1st stop is looking like Geelong as long as that stays open.

Just to pass the time I have asked for a dust pan and brush, so I now have the pleasure of cleaning 2 rooms 👍

Also we have another woolies shop coming today with drinks and treats 😛 the hotel has stopped giving us a small bottle of water with our meals now, I dont know if that's because of the tower blocks being locked down aswell. You still get a fresh orange drink with your brekkie though.

Edited by Lavers
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Day 8 😁

Still all good although the kids are starting to get a little bored, just hoping that we can spend some time in Melbourne before we have to self isolate in Adelaide.

Department of health rang today to discuss our freedom, so they arrange a taxi nearer the time to take you to where you need to go free of charge. I asked about the lockdown and our plans and they said that as long as we are out of the lockdown zones then we are free to move about. So 1st stop is looking like Geelong as long as that stays open.

Just to pass the time I have asked for a dust pan and brush, so I now have the pleasure of cleaning 2 rooms 👍

Also we have another woolies shop coming today with drinks and treats 😛 the hotel has stopped giving us a small bottle of water with our meals now, I dont know if that's because of the tower blocks being locked down aswell. You still get a fresh orange drink with your brekkie though.

Not too long to go now Lavers and it doesn't sound too bad from your description and experience.  It will be harder for your two daughters who are probably full of energy.

You just continue the good work with the dustpan and brush.  😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toots said:

Not too long to go now Lavers and it doesn't sound too bad from your description and experience.  It will be harder for your two daughters who are probably full of energy.

You just continue the good work with the dustpan and brush.  😄

😂😂thank you

It has been kicking off down the corridor though this morning so I dont think someone is happy 🙉

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lavers said:

😂😂thank you

It has been kicking off down the corridor though this morning so I dont think someone is happy 🙉

Oh dear.  I dare say some people find it hard to cope being shut in a room for a couple of weeks.  😐

4 minutes ago, Toots said:

Oh dear.  I dare say some people find it hard to cope being shut in a room for a couple of weeks.  😐

I can imagine that it is hard for people on therr own, atleast I have the kids to keep me busy.

Still following your journey Lavers, great to hear as a family you are staying positive through the experience.

So glad you came when you did, I remember you posting when was the right time to make the move. Well, it seems that getting in now is becoming harder by the day (and more expensive to boot).

I'd save the Great Ocean Road for another day - just get out of this state before you get stuck! 

12 minutes ago, elderberry said:

Still following your journey Lavers, great to hear as a family you are staying positive through the experience.

So glad you came when you did, I remember you posting when was the right time to make the move. Well, it seems that getting in now is becoming harder by the day (and more expensive to boot).

I'd save the Great Ocean Road for another day - just get out of this state before you get stuck! 

The kids have done brilliant really seeing as they are both really outdoorsy. We have been doing exercise videos with them to burn of a little energy.

Really glad that we moved when we did, flights are more than double what we paid now and with all this going on god knows how everything will be in another few months.

I've got the car booked now but haven't booked any hotels yet, I will just see how the next few days go before commiting to hotels.

It's just the thought of leaving qaurantine and going straight into self isolation doesnt really appeal, so hopefully we can have a few days of freedom before being locked up again.

All in all though well worth the 4weeks qaurantine to be here 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lavers said:

The kids have done brilliant really seeing as they are both really outdoorsy. We have been doing exercise videos with them to burn of a little energy.

Really glad that we moved when we did, flights are more than double what we paid now and with all this going on god knows how everything will be in another few months.

I've got the car booked now but haven't booked any hotels yet, I will just see how the next few days go before commiting to hotels.

It's just the thought of leaving qaurantine and going straight into self isolation doesnt really appeal, so hopefully we can have a few days of freedom before being locked up again.

All in all though well worth the 4weeks qaurantine to be here 

I'd forgotten about the secondary quarantine...yeah, I can understand spending a few days en route that being the case. Lorne is a really nice spot, Kennett River great to see koalas naturally in the trees. You could book hotels through the likes of booking.com with free cancellation, just a thought

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, elderberry said:

I'd forgotten about the secondary quarantine...yeah, I can understand spending a few days en route that being the case. Lorne is a really nice spot, Kennett River great to see koalas naturally in the trees. You could book hotels through the likes of booking.com with free cancellation, just a thought

Thank you I'll have a look, if we stopped at 3 different hotels which towns would be the best?

I was looking at Lorne, Apollo bay and warrnambool.

Are you allowed an exemption Lavers? As in taxi straight from your airport hotel to Geelong knowing your final destination is South Australia? If so then (at the moment) you would be outside the lockdown zone by then. Seems the South Australian border is shut for Victorian residents now (except for essential travellers) but of course you're not a victorian. No one wants a Victorian, may as well cut us off and drift into the tasman.

• Haha 1

I spoke with DHHS yesterday and they said that we where fine to go to Geelong as obviously we need to leave the lockdown as we dont live here.

The car hire place as at our hotel so we can go straight downstairs and jump in the car.

I was going to check with who ever we get a hotel with that they are happy for us to arrive, if not it will be drive straight to Adelaide.

I need to send my details to SA to allow us to enter

• Like 1