Has anyway delayed or postponed their move to in light of the corona pandemic ?

North to South

On 15/06/2020 at 16:32, Lavers said:

Flights from Manchester - Doha are also flying 50mins quicker at the moment.

Wear a face mask and gloves on the flight.  Here are two very recent flights from Doha with confirmed Covid-19 passengers on board.  

ght Airline Origin/Destination Date of departure Date of arrival Close contact rows
QR908 Qatar Airways Doha/Sydney 12 June 2020 13 June 2020 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
EK414 Emirates Dubai/Sydney 11 June 2020 12 June 2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

22 minutes ago, Toots said:

Wear a face mask and gloves on the flight.  Here are two very recent flights from Doha with confirmed Covid-19 passengers on board.  

ght Airline Origin/Destination Date of departure Date of arrival Close contact rows
QR908 Qatar Airways Doha/Sydney 12 June 2020 13 June 2020 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
EK414 Emirates Dubai/Sydney 11 June 2020 12 June 2020 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Where can you find info on flights into Victoria? It doesn't seem to show them on the gov website

Hong Kong airport eases transit rules: you can now  can transit "on flights operated by different airlines” - although those must still be on same itinerary and all boarding passes issued at start of journey. From 15 June apparently.  
check with your airline/agent/hkia website 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

Flights finally booked for 29th June so not long to go.

£1860 for 4 of us with Qatar 👍

Nice one, we booked with emirates 28th December, £1850 for the 2 of us, that’s add ons  with twin seats and extra leg room for both flights. Happy with the price. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Nice one, we booked with emirates 28th December, £1850 for the 2 of us, that’s add ons  with twin seats and extra leg room for both flights. Happy with the price. 

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

Flights finally booked for 29th June so not long to go.

£1860 for 4 of us with Qatar 👍

Have you heard anything about quarantine yet or is it sorted when you get there, we are flying to Brisbane. 

4 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Have you heard anything about quarantine yet or is it sorted when you get there, we are flying to Brisbane. 

I rang immigration and asked them what the deal was, they just said that it is sorted when you land.

SA are dropping the closed borders 20th July the day we cross into it from VIC 👍

• Like 1

On 16/06/2020 at 20:01, Lavers said:

Where can you find info on flights into Victoria? It doesn't seem to show them on the gov website

Hope this doesn't affect you Lavers.

SA Premier Steven Marshall yesterday announced the state's borders would be reopened to travellers from Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania from midnight as the easing of coronavirus restrictions was again accelerated.

The change means travellers from those jurisdictions no longer need to isolate themselves for 14 days when they arrive in South Australia.

Mr Marshall said the State Government was still concerned with coronavirus numbers in New South Wales and Victoria but was currently considering reopening to travellers from Queensland.

19 minutes ago, Toots said:

Hope this doesn't affect you Lavers.

SA Premier Steven Marshall yesterday announced the state's borders would be reopened to travellers from Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania from midnight as the easing of coronavirus restrictions was again accelerated.

The change means travellers from those jurisdictions no longer need to isolate themselves for 14 days when they arrive in South Australia.

Mr Marshall said the State Government was still concerned with coronavirus numbers in New South Wales and Victoria but was currently considering reopening to travellers from Queensland.

Hopefully its clear by the time we arrive, it just said borders open 20th July so hopefully that means for everyone.

If there still shut we may just stay in Melbourne for a little longer and enjoy our freedom.

Just had a check and yes from 19th June people arriving from WA,NT and TAS don't need to isolate the other states are still showing as 20th July

Edited by Lavers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Good work! Singapore cancelled my wife's flights so we also re-booked with Qatar on the 29th June - £640 to Sydney so not too bad. You will probably bump into her in transit! 😄

Tell your wife ill be the one with a face mask on 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Good work! Singapore cancelled my wife's flights so we also re-booked with Qatar on the 29th June - £640 to Sydney so not too bad. You will probably bump into her in transit! 😄

Sorry to hear that. Our flight with Singapore Airlines the first week of August is still "live" at the moment according to our agent, but who knows.  Hope your wife enjoys the flight.

• Like 1

How much notice are airlines giving when they cancel?  Our flights not available to buy tickets for any more but BA won’t/can’t tell me when/if they’ll cancel.  I got an email telling me I can cancel and they’ll give me a voucher. Er, no.

28 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

How much notice are airlines giving when they cancel?  Our flights not available to buy tickets for any more but BA won’t/can’t tell me when/if they’ll cancel.  I got an email telling me I can cancel and they’ll give me a voucher. Er, no.

Sorry, no idea but I wish I did know !  We would definitely want a refund as we'd have to buy another flight straight away. Also, we'd never use a voucher, once we get back to Aus that's it, no more travelling for us for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AliQ said:

Sorry, no idea but I wish I did know !  We would definitely want a refund as we'd have to buy another flight straight away. Also, we'd never use a voucher, once we get back to Aus that's it, no more travelling for us for a while.

Same here.  They are legally obligated to refund if they cancel.  

• Like 1

Queensland charging for quarantine from July 1st. Other states expected to follow suit 

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/australia-starts-making-travellers-pay-for-14-day-hotel-quarantine

Qantas cancels almost all international flights to late October 

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/qantas-cancels-almost-all-overseas-flights-through-to-late-october

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Queensland charging for quarantine from July 1st. Other states expected to follow suit 

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/australia-starts-making-travellers-pay-for-14-day-hotel-quarantine

Qantas cancels almost all international flights to late October 

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/qantas-cancels-almost-all-overseas-flights-through-to-late-october

Thanks for posting this, we're prepared to pay even though it's a chunk of our savings, just want to get back 😊

As for some of the comments in that article about "people should have returned sooner", well, it was impossible for us to do that. Can't just walk out of a house and leave it as is !!!!  We were tied into a rental, had utilities to finalise, have a car to sell and furniture to pack etc, and at that time of course the car sale rooms were closed and removalists were not working. 

Hopefully we are all now moving forward, we're desperate for our 06.00 bacon & egg breakfast on the sea front !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Same here.  They are legally obligated to refund if they cancel.  

They are but there seems to be no timeframe.  It can take many months to get a refund, particularly in these unusual times.   Expect to wait months, especially if you purchased the flights via a third party rather than directly with the airline.  That’s because your contract is with the third party and they will only pay up when they’ve had the money back from the airline.  It will happen but you’ll need to be patient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Owwwch! @AliQ, sorry to hear this - that's tough on you. I had a feeling this might be coming, but not so soon. My wife was due to arrive in Brisbane on 3 July so Singapore Airlines have actually done us a favour by cancelling! They could of course start charging in NSW too, but hopefully she should arrive on the 28th June.

Now I'm wondering if you arrive before the 1st July whether you will get the whole stay free, or only the nights up until 30th June? 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Owwwch! @AliQ, sorry to hear this - that's tough on you. I had a feeling this might be coming, but not so soon. My wife was due to arrive in Brisbane on 3 July so Singapore Airlines have actually done us a favour by cancelling! They could of course start charging in NSW too, but hopefully she should arrive on the 28th June.

Now I'm wondering if you arrive before the 1st July whether you will get the whole stay free, or only the nights up until 30th June? 🤔

Good point, we'll have to watch those arriving around that time and see what they get billed.

Unfortunately, we can't bring our flights forward, just too much "stuff"  organised and booked etc.

Never mind, at least we're moving forward with our plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brizzie said:

@Brizzie I can't speak for BA, but @AliQ and I were both flying with Singapore Airlines. They cancelled my wife's flight about 2-3 weeks before departure. Before it was cancelled it was 'unscheduled', so if you can no longer find your flight on SkyScanner there's a good chance it will be cancelled in due course. However, if they have't cancelled it yet then there's a chance that it could be reinstated. It's probably about whether the airport BA are flying through is open for transit passengers yet. I contacted SA and they said they'd issue a full refund, but I booked the ticket through Student Universe, who said that I'd get a full refund back to my credit card but it could take up to a couple of months.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

They are but there seems to be no timeframe.  It can take many months to get a refund, particularly in these unusual times.   Expect to wait months, especially if you purchased the flights via a third party rather than directly with the airline.  That’s because your contract is with the third party and they will only pay up when they’ve had the money back from the airline.  It will happen but you’ll need to be patient. 

If there's one thing we've all learnt from this is that patience is a virtue! 😄

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

I would have thought that it is travellers arriving after the 1st July, we arrive 30th June so fingers crossed we miss it.

In all honesty though I cant blame them for charging people.

• Like 2