AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

4 hours ago, skyfall said:

G’day,

I am applying Aus citizenship in next week can anyone please tell documents required do I need to apply for police check in Australian or immi do ? I am from Perth any help will be appreciated 

thank you 

1. CURRENT PASSPORT 
  2. FULL BIRTH CERTIFICATE 
  3. National ID Card of your present country
  4. Overseas Penal Clearance Certificate  -- IMMI Acc will ask for it - if you gave correct dates  IN/OUT of Australia. 
  5. Form 1195 Identity declaration -- from doctor or occupations mentioned on it. Must be a citizen , check on form 1195 - Identity declaration (homeaffairs.gov.au)
  6. Photogragh as in 1195 form.
  7. Residential address proof  -- Bills
  8. Proof of FIRST ENTRY in Australia  -- Passport stamps
  9. NO AFP PCC required by you.

Hey everyone. Lodged my citizenship application on 2nd October 2020. Some of my friends have just got called for their test(they lodged in July/Aug) so approx 30 weeks since lodgement. Out of curiosity is anybody else timeline like that. In Sydney 😊

49 minutes ago, MMarie said:

Hi guys. I just want to ask on how to reschedule the test appointment? Do you have to check all the time to see if there's any available slot? Thanks!

Yes, keep checking every day the calendar. Days do become available.

20 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you Nora ! 

What document did you give as address proof for the new address ? 

Regards

I brought with me our future rental agreement.

And I've just checked now, you can update residential address/post address via immiaccount. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MMarie said:

Hi guys. I just want to ask on how to reschedule the test appointment? Do you have to check all the time to see if there's any available slot? Thanks!

Yes, that what I did; which then enabled me to re-schedule to 20 days earlier than my initial appointment!

17 hours ago, Melbournian said:
  1. CURRENT PASSPORT 
  4. Overseas Penal Clearance Certificate  -- IMMI Acc will ask for it - if you gave correct dates  IN/OUT of Australia. 
  5. Form 1195 Identity declaration -- from doctor or occupations mentioned on it. Must be a citizen , check on form 1195 - Identity declaration (homeaffairs.gov.au)

One major thing about Form 1195 is that apart from being a citizen and working in the jobs mentioned, they need to know the applicant at least for a year. People at least I spoke with here were very scared signing it unless they actually knew me for that period of time. The identity declaration was the reason my application dragged on for a bit. 

20 hours ago, Melbournian said:
  1. CURRENT PASSPORT 

Thank for your help have a good day 

23 hours ago, MMarie said:

Yes. Keep checking again and again. My original test date was in late Jan but I rescheduled it to early Dec. So it saved my almost 2 months. 

Hi guys,

Do you happen to know if moving to another state impacts your position in the queue for ceremonies ? 

As in, for example, if you are approved in FEB and move to new council in MARCH, are you positioned in the queue at the new council, at a similar position as those who are already in the council before you and are approved in MARCH ? Or would you be positioned in the queue by the new council as though you were approved in FEB itself (i.e. your date of approval in the original council).

On 11/03/2021 at 15:27, sj88 said:

Hey everyone. Lodged my citizenship application on 2nd October 2020. Some of my friends have just got called for their test(they lodged in July/Aug) so approx 30 weeks since lodgement. Out of curiosity is anybody else timeline like that. In Sydney 😊

Hey Mate, I also applied in July 2020 and I had my interview and test Yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

Sharing my timeline below:

City/Council: Sydney/Georges River Council
Citizenship Application Submitted : 19 Jul 2020
Test Invitation : 19 Feb 2021
Test Date: 15 Mar 2021
Rescheduled Test Date: 25 Feb 2021
Citizenship Approved: 25 Feb 2021 (Immi Account online)
Ceremony Invite: 12 Mar 2021
Ceremony Date: 19 Mar 2021 (Virtual Ceremony)

I sent two emails to virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au requesting to be considered for a virtual ceremony. First email was sent on 26 Feb 2021 and the second email on 9-Mar 2021. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, whiskey21 said:

Sharing my timeline below:

City/Council: Sydney/Georges River Council
Citizenship Application Submitted : 19 Jul 2020
Test Invitation : 19 Feb 2021
Test Date: 15 Mar 2021
Rescheduled Test Date: 25 Feb 2021
Citizenship Approved: 25 Feb 2021 (Immi Account online)
Ceremony Invite: 12 Mar 2021
Ceremony Date: 19 Mar 2021 (Virtual Ceremony)

I sent two emails to virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au requesting to be considered for a virtual ceremony. First email was sent on 26 Feb 2021 and the second email on 9-Mar 2021. 

Thank you Mate for the info, Can Every one send email for virtual citizenship ceremony or you normally get this info from the case officer, I just got the letter at the end saying my council will contact me regarding citizenship ceremony?

I got to know of the email address virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au from forums including this one, and not from the case officer.

During my interview, I asked the case officer if there is a way I can attend the next available ceremony, reason being is I am applying for a government job requiring a baseline security clearance which only Australian citizens can apply for. The case officer mentioned that I would have to wait for the invite coming from my local council. She (case officer) kindly checked how many are in queue in my council, and said there's 'quite a large queue' without specifying the numbers (I didn't ask either how many to be exact). Got home and I saw from the forums that I can request a virtual ceremony so I thought to give it a shot. 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 14:33, Sordello said:

I was trying to be delicate in my last post, but I suppose I might as well be a little more forthcoming. My wife is dying, and I really didn’t want to have a citizenship ceremony during my mourning. 

Dear Sordello

I am really sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family. 

Updating my timeline

Date of Application- 9th Nov 2019

Test and Approval date- 5th Nov 2020

Ceremony mail received on 1st March 2021

Ceremony date - 20th March 2021  Palmerston NT

Very happy with the timeline, only 5 and half years from 457 visa to citizenship. It would be quicker but my original test date on 26th March 2020 was postponed to 5th Nov 2020.

16 hours ago, whiskey21 said:

I got to know of the email address virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au from forums including this one, and not from the case officer.

During my interview, I asked the case officer if there is a way I can attend the next available ceremony, reason being is I am applying for a government job requiring a baseline security clearance which only Australian citizens can apply for. The case officer mentioned that I would have to wait for the invite coming from my local council. She (case officer) kindly checked how many are in queue in my council, and said there's 'quite a large queue' without specifying the numbers (I didn't ask either how many to be exact). Got home and I saw from the forums that I can request a virtual ceremony so I thought to give it a shot. 

Amazing. Thank you. Sounds like it worked out well for you. I'm in bayside council so not sure if it's same procedure but will give it a whirl when my time comes. 

Looking for some advice please. Applied in Melbourne in April 2020, so hoping I might not be too far away to hear back. Unfortunately my Father in the UK is now receiving palliative care and I'm having to look at getting back to see him and support my Mum. I would need to update my right to return visa to do this which is so frustrating as over $400 dollars now whereas I could be so close to getting an Aussie passport instead.

Basically, is there anyway of contact someone to see if my citizenship application can be expedited? Anyone got a phone number? Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

Looking for some advice please. Applied in Melbourne in April 2020, so hoping I might not be too far away to hear back. Unfortunately my Father in the UK is now receiving palliative care and I'm having to look at getting back to see him and support my Mum. I would need to update my right to return visa to do this which is so frustrating as over $400 dollars now whereas I could be so close to getting an Aussie passport instead.

Basically, is there anyway of contact someone to see if my citizenship application can be expedited? Anyone got a phone number? Thanks in advance.

They can expedite the ceremony in some cases but not test.

have you done your test? 

13 hours ago, dodziu said:

Updating my timeline

Date of Application- 9th Nov 2019

Test and Approval date- 5th Nov 2020

Ceremony mail received on 1st March 2021

Ceremony date - 20th March 2021  Palmerston NT

Very happy with the timeline, only 5 and half years from 457 visa to citizenship. It would be quicker but my original test date on 26th March 2020 was postponed to 5th Nov 2020.

Hi I am attending ceremony on 20th in Palmerston....applied in june 2020 ...applications approved on 9th feb 2021 n ceremony invitations on 3rd of March 2021 for 20th March 2021

Edited by Darwin0832