AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

22 hours ago, path2aus said:

I passed my test on 27th of January 2021 and my wife did on December 12th 2020 in Adelaide. Both of us received our Ceremony invites this morning for the 18th of March. It is a physical ceremony and not an online one. We began the process in July of 2020, so it has been fairly quick so no complaints here. Wish others receive their approvals and invites soon.

What council in Adelaide?

1 hour ago, LeJJ4 said:

What council in Adelaide?

Hi, good morning. My wife and I both passed our test on 22nd February in Melbourne, has anyone received citizenship invites if they passed their test in either January 2021 / February 2021? Really keen to understand timelines in Melbourne for ceremony invites

11 minutes ago, Gaurav99 said:

Hi, good morning. My wife and I both passed our test on 22nd February in Melbourne, has anyone received citizenship invites if they passed their test in either January 2021 / February 2021? Really keen to understand timelines in Melbourne for ceremony invites

On the same boat. My application was approved on 05/02/2021 (same day with my test) and my wife's test was on 22/02/2021 and her application was approved on 03/03/2021

Still waiting for our ceremony invitation. I used to live in Knox area 😉, moved to Casey now

Just now, David Ng said:

On the same boat. My application was approved on 05/02/2021 (same day with my test) and my wife's test was on 22/02/2021 and her application was approved on 03/03/2021

Still waiting for our ceremony invitation. I used to live in Knox area 😉, moved to Casey now

Thanks mate, we are in the Knox area, so anxiously hoping to hear if anyone actually managed to get a ceremony invite having passed their tests in Jan or Feb 2021. Havent heard any experiences from anyone actually getting an invite in Melbourne

1 hour ago, path2aus said:

Strange. I got approved in 2 weeks after the test and my wife got hers approved in 3 days after the test. 

Got approved on the same day of the test, but still not ceremony invitation.

I am not in a rush at all but just curious, yours was approved almost 2 months after mine and you managed receiving the ceremony invitation even though we are from the same city.

Did you receive it by post letter or an email?

4 minutes ago, LeJJ4 said:

Got approved on the same day of the test, but still not ceremony invitation.

I am not in a rush at all but just curious, yours was approved almost 2 months after mine and you managed receiving the ceremony invitation even though we are from the same city.

Did you receive it by post letter or an email?

It was an email from immi site for both of us on the same day. Probably the council is the difference. You might get yours soon as well. 

4 hours ago, path2aus said:

It was an email from immi site for both of us on the same day. Probably the council is the difference. You might get yours soon as well. 

Yeah I think the council plays a big role.

Well not too soon next ceremonies in the Adelaide City Council are dated at 18th of June, 18th September and then nothing else until next year.

Thanks for your help.

Good luck with your ceremony.

Edited by LeJJ4

2 hours ago, Melbournian said:

I think ONLY NSW people are getting virtual ceremonies. 

No one else. Can someone confirm. 

I can confirm that very exceptionally South Australia conducts virtual ceremonies. (I’m in Adelaide CBD and had my ceremony this morning.)

I guess I can post my timeline for others to reference, though the reason I got a ceremony invite so rapidly is unique:

Applied: 5 January 2021

Invite: 24 February 2021

Test: 2 March 2021

Approved: 3 March 2021

Ceremony (virtual): 5 March 2021

Council: Adelaide City

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

25 minutes ago, ndaan_100 said:

Nothing, I applied beginning of dec, but no news, all states are issuing invitation except WA, don't know if because of state election or what exactly.

I got approved on 10th December but still waiting for the ceremony invitation. Dont know how long it will take. 

9 hours ago, ndaan_100 said:

Nothing, I applied beginning of dec, but no news, all states are issuing invitation except WA, don't know if because of state election or what exactly.

8 hours ago, Perth123 said:

I got approved on 10th December but still waiting for the ceremony invitation. Dont know how long it will take. 

How do you know that WA  isn't issuing ceremony invitations? Has this been confirmed anywhere?

2 minutes ago, Volkang said:

Hey guys is there anyone else waiting as long as me or should I start freaking out 😬

eligible: feb 2020

applied: april 2020

tesd date: still waiting

council: melbourne

Thank u in advance 

I also applied in April 2020 in Melbourne. Seems Vic are taking longer than other states. I'm not expecting to hear for a while longer. Maybe May 2021?

17 minutes ago, pearplumpie said:

I also applied in April 2020 in Melbourne. Seems Vic are taking longer than other states. I'm not expecting to hear for a while longer. Maybe May 2021?

As much as I feel sorry for you for waiting this long, it feels better seeing that I am not alone 🥲 thank you for the reply.