AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

1 hour ago, vickyplum said:

It would have have been easier if you had asked this question when they gave you the form! 

Suggest you fill it in, and say 'no' to any parts that ask if you or family have any military/militia background, national service/conscription etc.  There are still parts that you will need to fill in, regardless of having no military background.

I didn’t go through the form then. I thought it is just simple easy task to do and was too happy to get home and fill it out to send to immigration 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kamila said:

Not sure why they asked tho. No one in the family has any military background. 
could it be due to our visa condition? We were on skill visa. 

No idea. Don't think so, as most of us have a skilled PR visa. The questions on the form would be different if it were relating a skilled visa hey.  I would write " not applicable" for the open questions or where it doesn't ask for a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

What is the status of you application? Still 'recieved'?

On 23/02/2021 at 14:18, Bellooooo said:

Approved today. 

waiting for the ceremony now. 

Hi there. Congratulations. Just out of interest, when they requested further information did they request this at your interview in person? Did you have to upload it etc? 

On 12/02/2021 at 09:27, NRK said:

Hey

just a quick question.. i took my test on 5th February but my status on immi account still shows “received “. Does it take so long to be approved? Is it possible i just get a letter by post snd nothing on my immi account?

Thanks in advance 

Hi. If would also be on immi account. I would keep checking immi before you wait by the letterbox.

On 22/02/2021 at 18:46, Kevin6370 said:

Hi Han,

I just received invitation from home affair department. Test date is 16th March.

Applied:12 May 2020. 
Invitation received: 22 Feb 2021
Test date: 16 March 2021

That's  very good news.  Thanks  for letting  me know.  How you taking preparation for test. Books only or any  resources.  Could  you let me know please.  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, agm said:

Hi there. Congratulations. Just out of interest, when they requested further information did they request this at your interview in person? Did you have to upload it etc? 

Hi and thanks!

The officer just noted that there is an extra form which she’ll forward across via immi and once returned she’ll be able to finalise her assessment. I received it that afternoon and returned it on the same day both via email and on immi as well. 

17 hours ago, Han21 said:

That's  very good news.  Thanks  for letting  me know.  How you taking preparation for test. Books only or any  resources.  Could  you let me know please.  Thanks. 

I just use the book in Home affair website. I think it’s enough for the test. I already rescheduled the test date to 2nd March.

I have been following this forum for a while now and it has been really helpful to estimate turnaround times. Below is my Citizenship application timeline;

Application date- 14 April 2020
Appointment Letter Received: 15/12/2020
Rescheduled Interview Date: 19/01/2021
Council: Devonport TAS
Test Centre: Launceston TAS
Approved: 19/02/2021
Ceremony: Awaiting

On 25/02/2021 at 06:46, Nora said:

They say it can take upto 6 months. 

Hi Nora, thanks so much, I was going through some of the posts and could see some cases where the ceremony actually happened within a month of the application being approved. I can only assume that those would have been online. what I was trying to understand is the time between the application getting approved and the invite for the ceremony coming through

20 hours ago, NRK said:

Hello

I took my test on 5th of February and my husband took it on 8th of Feb, his application got approved today while mine is still received. Can anyone help me why?

I guessed it's completely random and pure luck... My application was approved on the same day of my test. My wife took her test last Monday (22/02, 100%) and her application is not approved yet as of now... I would say her application was much less complicated than mine... I used to travel abroad a lot due to work, and I also included our 7yo with my applications...

Hi silent reader here and i just wanna share my timeline 

Date of Application: 19/07/2020

invitation to test: 19/02/2021 for 20/03/2021, got rescheduled to 05/03/2021

Parramatta CB

just wanna ask if it is a good idea to reschedule to a sooner date, does it affect the approval time? because as i can see here in the forum, some are super quick some are taking ages.

and also wanna ask about bring original document to the interview, i only have photocopy of my birth certificate, my original one is at my home country. will they accept it?

What you uploaded in the immi account, you should have it handy. If not, can u show it online on ur country website database ? 

I have been hearing that they don’t ask much documents bcoz of Covid. 

-:-:-:-

I don’t think , rescheduling to earlier date impacts anything, because they open your profile for document check only on day of interview and then approve it.

Only glitch may be ur AFP PCC, which may take time for your application to get approved. 

Anyone who rescheduled to earlier date and got approved on same day, can confirm? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hd2016 said:

Hi silent reader here and i just wanna share my timeline 

Date of Application: 19/07/2020

invitation to test: 19/02/2021 for 20/03/2021, got rescheduled to 05/03/2021

Parramatta CB

just wanna ask if it is a good idea to reschedule to a sooner date, does it affect the approval time? because as i can see here in the forum, some are super quick some are taking ages.

and also wanna ask about bring original document to the interview, i only have photocopy of my birth certificate, my original one is at my home country. will they accept it?

Nah, I rescheduled mine to 20 days earlier, and I rescheduled multiple times (say, 5 times, I know that's bad! keep checking back to see any sooner availability), got approved on spot. 

If you have colour-scanned and attached the original ones on Immi Account, they will probably not ask for any of those documents again.

Edited by David Ng
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 25/02/2021 at 15:54, NRK said:

Hello

I took my test on 5th of February and my husband took it on 8th of Feb, his application got approved today while mine is still received. Can anyone help me why?

Hi. Did you get approved today?

I and my husband took ur test on 9th Feb. He got approved on the same day and received the approval letter via post one week later but I'm still waiting. My application status is still "Received". 

I'm from Sydney

Applied: 09/05/2020

Test invite: 14/01/2021 for 15/02/2021

Rescheduled: 09/02/2021

Test location: Parramatta Office 

23 hours ago, tgsydney said:

Hi. Did you get approved today?

I and my husband took ur test on 9th Feb. He got approved on the same day and received the approval letter via post one week later but I'm still waiting. My application status is still "Received". 

I'm from Sydney

Applied: 09/05/2020

Test invite: 14/01/2021 for 15/02/2021

Rescheduled: 09/02/2021

Test location: Parramatta Office 

No I still haven’t been approved. Status says “Received “ while my husband got approved.

We did our tests yesterday at different times. Mine got approved 3 hrs later I sat my test/intergiew, but hubby's still showing ''Received''. I wonder what info they take into consideration to approve on the spot, etc.? 

Both applications were presented complete and interviewers said to both positive comments about our documents/application.

Anyways...good luck to those sitting the test. 

Edited by Nora
  • Like 1