AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

24 minutes ago, expatica said:

Not sure if it's relevant to my approval (which I checked as soon as I got home)... but the way the rooms were setup I walked by my interviewer to leave after I passed the test and she didn't have anyone so I stood there with a huge smile and gave her a thumbs up, and she gave me a big smile and also a thumbs up back! lol I was just so excited. So maybe if it's possible, give your interviewer a thumbs up and act like a total dork once you pass the test, and maybe you'll get approved right then! lol

Haha, nice and positive way to look at it. I think (just my theory), that the approvals of applications are manual tasks, and since they have hundreds and thousands of applications they had to go through, sometimes they're just forgetful. If the one who has just checked all your documents did the approval, it would be very quick, since they've just done all the checks! Thumbs up is a good way to remind them that you've passed your test and they can do their approval!

Initially my interviewer asked me to go to the computer room, but then another officer there asked me to wait outside cause they had to limit number of people inside. Then she just waved to me behind her glass screen, and when I came back to her booth, she told me that she'd let me do the test on her iPad there. So she just logged in for me and handed me her iPad. I finished my test in less than 5 minutes, 100%, then she told me that she approved my application and it would show up on Immi Account shortly 😄

Edited by David Ng

On 16/02/2021 at 16:17, rob56 said:

Hi
It came from "virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au". I also emailed this address asking for a virtual ceremony after my application was approved. Not sure if that made a difference on the timeline though.

Hi Rob56,

Thank you so much for the information, i emailed them yesterday and i got my citizenship invitation for 19th Feb Today.

Finally 5 long month is over 🙂

5 hours ago, NRK said:

Hello

i took my test on the 10th of February and passed But my application is still not approved.. my friends got their applications approved the same day or 2 days later. 
what could be delaying the approval  , international travels?

Citizenship applied -13Jan2020

test invite -4th Feb2021for 12 March2021

rescheduled -5th Feb 2021.

passed with 100%
waiting for approval?

I took the test on 8 Feb and just got approved today. Just be patient, you will get there.

14 hours ago, Tania said:

I took the test on 8 Feb and just got approved today. Just be patient, you will get there.

Thank you fir your reply, Good to know that you got your approval. 
I made a typo .. my test was on 5th of February not the 10th. wondering why it hasn’t approved yet. My partner took the test on the 8th Of February, no update in his application as well. 

Are you in Melbourne?

Hi guys! I hope you are all well. I have some developments with my citizenship application and the status is now approved. Please see my timeline below 🤩

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with requesting a virtual ceremony from QLD? Namely Brisbane?

Many thanks!

On 16/02/2021 at 15:17, rob56 said:

Hi
It came from "virtual.ceremony.nsw@homeaffairs.gov.au". I also emailed this address asking for a virtual ceremony after my application was approved. Not sure if that made a difference on the timeline though.

Hi Rob,

Your case seems quite unusual really, If i were you i would call DHA and check with them or email them again. There is no reason why you shouldn't be getting yours months ago.

Cheers

On 16/02/2021 at 16:17, rob56 said:

Hi

anyone tried this from Melbourne ??

21 hours ago, Pearl44 said:

Hi Rob56,

Thank you so much for the information, i emailed them yesterday and i got my citizenship invitation for 19th Feb Today.

Finally 5 long month is over 🙂

Thanks for the heads up Rob. 

I also emailed them yesterday and have been given a virtual ceremony next Wednesday! 

Very quick turnaround - Passed Feb 11th ,  Approved Feb 17th , Ceremony 24th Feb (Sydney CBD/ Waverley Council)

On 17/02/2021 at 11:46, galisuman said:

Forum any one got invites for Brisbane ceremony for March 18th I didnt 😭

Unfortunately nobody will receive invite for 18th March- as the Brisbane city council has cancelled the March ceremony, the upcoming dates for Brisbane city ceremonies are- I read this on the Brisbane council FB page

• Thursday 1 April 2021
  • Monday 19 April 2021
  • Monday 24 May 2021
  • Wednesday 14 July 2021
  • Wednesday 4 August 2021
  • Monday 30 August 2021
  • Monday 11 October 2021
  • Monday 29 November 2021.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nike1902 said:

Unfortunately nobody will receive invite for 18th March- as the Brisbane city council has cancelled the March ceremony, the upcoming dates for Brisbane city ceremonies are- I read this on the Brisbane council FB page

• Thursday 1 April 2021
  • Monday 19 April 2021
  • Monday 24 May 2021
  • Wednesday 14 July 2021
  • Wednesday 4 August 2021
  • Monday 30 August 2021
  • Monday 11 October 2021
  • Monday 29 November 2021.

good they still have a Facebook page 🙂 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NRK said:

I made a typo .. my test was on 5th of February not the 10th. wondering why it hasn’t approved yet. My partner took the test on the 8th Of February, no update in his application as well. 

Are you in Melbourne?

I am in Sydney. I think it is all about the officer processing it. And due to covid not all of them are working so delay is understandable. 

8 hours ago, NRK said:

Are you in Melbourne?

Hi NRK,

I am in Melbourne, I had my test on the 8th of February and got approved the same day via immi account. I think everyone has different circumstances, maybe they do further checks based on the documents you submitted or maybe overseas travels (I am not sure). but anyways give it some time, we have been through a long journey till here and we probably got used to waiting 🙂 

wish you luck

Hi Guys

I'm new to here and need some advice.

I submitted the citizenship application for my son( 7yrs) and myself in early April 2020(Parramatta).

And I have received the interview/test invitation in 14th Jan 2021 and done with 100% passed with no additional document required in 28th January.

However, until today, the application status still show as "received".

I guess the reason could be my child is not in Australia at the moment. (Both applicant and dependant must be in Aus at the time of approval)

And my child unable to come to Aus in short period of time due to this Covid pandemic.

In this case, Should I or Can I withdrawal my son's application to get myself approve first? Then I can apply for him in appropriate time after this pandemic.

Thanks

13 hours ago, RMT-TX200A said:

Hi Guys

I'm new to here and need some advice.

I submitted the citizenship application for my son( 7yrs) and myself in early April 2020(Parramatta).

And I have received the interview/test invitation in 14th Jan 2021 and done with 100% passed with no additional document required in 28th January.

However, until today, the application status still show as "received".

I guess the reason could be my child is not in Australia at the moment. (Both applicant and dependant must be in Aus at the time of approval)

And my child unable to come to Aus in short period of time due to this Covid pandemic.

In this case, Should I or Can I withdrawal my son's application to get myself approve first? Then I can apply for him in appropriate time after this pandemic.

Thanks

Your son is dependent so no issues, I guess. Do not do anything until you hear from them

Hi. I hope someone in this thread had been or still on 187 or RSMS visa can shred some lights for me. I have been on my RSMS visa from 10/2019 till now so it's around 16 months in. I have been invited for citizenship test on 25th this month. My work has been very nasty to me even tho I'm one of their best workers all because I don't suck up to the new head chef and he decided to transfer me to another venue which 30 mins away from my home. So my question is can I resign after I give my test and DHA approve my application? Or I need to wait till my ceremony? Thank you. 

20 minutes ago, Tien1993 said:

Hi. I hope someone in this thread had been or still on 187 or RSMS visa can shred some lights for me. I have been on my RSMS visa from 10/2019 till now so it's around 16 months in. I have been invited for citizenship test on 25th this month. My work has been very nasty to me even tho I'm one of their best workers all because I don't suck up to the new head chef and he decided to transfer me to another venue which 30 mins away from my home. So my question is can I resign after I give my test and DHA approve my application? Or I need to wait till my ceremony? Thank you. 

Hi Tien,

I was on 187 as well. You can take further action if they are not treating you well, at the end of the day regardless of your visa category the employee should be treated accordance with FAIR WORK COMMISSION. So if you have any issues with your employer take it to fairwork commission in your state. But its not good idea to do your Citizenship test and resign, yet you have one more option (depends on your state). If you are done with your exam and its approved instantly, you can request for a Virtual Ceremony. If you are lucky and granted with a VC, the next moment you can say BYE BYE to your nasty employer.

Advice is:- Do not resign without a Citizenship Certificate in your hand or without informing FairWork Commission.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tzhamzl_tn74 said:

Hi Friends 🙂

I have applied Citizenship at May 2020. Still no progress. I hope now only they start calling Friends who Applied at Jan 2020.

First Entry Australia - March 2016

PR April 2019

Citizenship Application: May 2020

Melbourne Victoria.

Hi,

correct, i applied jan 2020 and called for test Jan 2021 and got test 8th of feb

you probably won’t wait much expect April or May, hopefully no more lockdowns (Melbourne life😀)

Edited by Emilio
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2021 at 19:42, EurotoAus said:

Hi guys

I would soon like to apply for citizenship, but I was wondering- I arrived to activate PR visa May 17 (one week), then went back to UK to sell house/arrange animals etc. Came again in August that year for house search, then went back to complete house sale etc.

I moved fully in Jan 18. Have been told 4 years starts from activation? does that count if residential address was in UK from the May to Dec 17? 

Thank you so much.

The clock starts ticking from when you activated your visa, however there is a requirement that you have been in Australia for a certain percentage of the time since that date.

The website states that you must have been:

• away from Australia for no more than 12 months in total in the past 4 years, including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months

So it looks like you should be ok to use May 17 as your start date.

Hi all, 

I applied citizenship on 12 may 2020 in Sydney office.

I know many people applied in May have already got invited in January 2021. But I didn’t get any information.

I really need citizenship urgently cause the due date of my baby is in August. And his/her mom is in oversea now. If I can’t get citizenship before due date, I have to take the baby back to my birth country and apply passport then get Australia visa, which is very difficult because of COVID.

Is there any way that  I can speed up my application or at least check out the status of my case? 

Thank you.