AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi, 

does anybody know whether form 1195 requires you to have a copy of the person who certified the document, their proof of citizenship?

for example if you had a Justice of Peace sign your form 1195, did you also have to ask them for proof of citizenship so you could put it into the application?

thank you all

Hi all, 

I was wondering whether the fact that my citizenship test was conducted in a regional area by Human Services could explain the delay in the change of status from 'Received' to 'Approved'. My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted online on 02/11/20 

Test invitation receiced on 10/02/21

Test sat on 10/03/21 at Centrelink Darwin City

Awaiting approval. 

Some friends took the test at the Home Affairs building in Darwin, and their application got approved straight away. 
Should I be worried?

Thanks. 

On 15/03/2021 at 11:42, galisuman said:

Hi Forum, did any one from Brisbane who wrote the test in December received ceremony invite recently. My neighbor got hers yesterday and she wrote the test in October in Brisbane city. 

I wrote my test on 20/Nov and approved it on same date. I haven't received an invitation yet :-(. When did your friend apply? What's your neighbor's ceremony date - 1/Apr or 19/Apr?? 

On 16/03/2021 at 19:34, 04April2017DE said:

Congrats. Which council? What excuse did you give them for virtual ceremony? I emailed them many times with no reply. Thanks.

Sydney/Georges River Council

7 hours ago, Kevin6370 said:

Did you send any evidence attached with the email? 

Yes I did. I attached a letter from my recruiter attesting I have applied for a government job. I haven't been accepted for that job yet but they cannot start processing my application either until I am eligible to apply for a baseline security clearance. Only Australian citizens can apply for that clearance.

4 hours ago, cinfo100 said:

Hi, 

does anybody know whether form 1195 requires you to have a copy of the person who certified the document, their proof of citizenship?

for example if you had a Justice of Peace sign your form 1195, did you also have to ask them for proof of citizenship so you could put it into the application?

thank you all

No, I did not provide the proof of citizenship of the person who made the identity declaration for me. The person's occupation is in group 3 (Bank officer with 5 or more years of continuous service). 

Edited by whiskey21

Hi all,

Just want to check if you know there are any rules that one should not change address to a city if we do not have official work in a given city ?

For example, as of now I am working from home and this means I could be in other city than the one where the office where I work is (looking for investment properties and getting a feel for the city ).

I am leasing an apartment in other city (in both cities). Is it ok to state that address in other city as the residential address while I am looking for properties etc. ? Or should I keep it where the office is ? 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Joe Forum said:

Hi all,

Just want to check if you know there are any rules that one should not change address to a city if we do not have official work in a given city ?

For example, as of now I am working from home and this means I could be in other city than the one where the office where I work is (looking for investment properties and getting a feel for the city ).

I am leasing an apartment in other city (in both cities). Is it ok to state that address in other city as the residential address while I am looking for properties etc. ? Or should I keep it where the office is ? 

Thank you

Work/office location does not matter.

Where you reside, matters! 

14 hours ago, whiskey21 said:

No, I did not provide the proof of citizenship of the person who made the identity declaration for me. The person's occupation is in group 3 (Bank officer with 5 or more years of continuous service). 

Thank you for your reply!

I did not think so, but just wanted to double check 🙂

55 minutes ago, Olivia_1993 said:

Work/office location does not matter.

Where you reside, matters! 

Thank you. 

What would reside mean if I reside in 2  places. Which one is to be given ? Like for a month or 2 in one place and the other place for another month or 2. 

On 23/02/2021 at 11:56, Cairns123456677 said:

why I got my approval on 20th of Nov last year but still awaiting for the ceremony.................. I hate QLD so much........maybe once i get my citizenship

I will move to NSW..

congrats so much tho!!!!!

I am in Cairns as well, I am new to this forum. Got my approval 17th of November. In January (Australia Day) one of my friends got to ceremony. She said it was almost 200 ppl there. She got the approval in September 2020. Then, one of her workmates, who got the approval in October, made the Ceremony in February. I am awaiting my ceremony to be held in March/April... criteria is very uncertain. However, Processing times in the Immi website says from date of Approval to Ceremony for 75% - 5 months and 90% - 6 months. Hopefully they accomplish this...

On 17/03/2021 at 19:54, Randall said:

Hi all, 

I was wondering whether the fact that my citizenship test was conducted in a regional area by Human Services could explain the delay in the change of status from 'Received' to 'Approved'. My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted online on 02/11/20 

Test invitation receiced on 10/02/21

Test sat on 10/03/21 at Centrelink Darwin City

Awaiting approval. 

Some friends took the test at the Home Affairs building in Darwin, and their application got approved straight away. 
Should I be worried?

Thanks. 

Hi Randall I did my test on January as well from Palmerston Centrelink n approved after 4 weeks n some other friends of mine they did from Darwin n their applications approved in 4-6 weeks so please allow 4-6 weeks after the test for approval...Definitely u will get probably before than that 

8 hours ago, Lashie said:

Just received an invitation to a citizenship ceremony for next month. 

City of sterling in Perth. Applied June 2020 - sat test November 2020. Was approved for citizenship November 2020

Hi Lashie, 

Great to hear about your timeline. Thanks for sharing. 
What date was your citizenship test in November? And what date did you get citizenship approval in November also? Thanks 😊 

11 hours ago, Joe Forum said:

Thank you. 

What would reside mean if I reside in 2  places. Which one is to be given ? Like for a month or 2 in one place and the other place for another month or 2. 

See, if you update address online, even then it has to be routed manually by team to schedule further steps in application. 

Changing and switching back does not expedite. Usually they say, if you are planning to stay for more than a month, then update. 

Wait times will be still applicable in new place, plus how long they take to route you to new department. 

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Hi Lashie, 

Great to hear about your timeline. Thanks for sharing. 
What date was your citizenship test in November? And what date did you get citizenship approval in November also? Thanks 😊 

Thank you! I don't remember the exact dates, it was early November. I believe the citizenship approved was a few weeks later, on 22nd November

So finished my Ceremony yesterday in Adelaide. Pretty low key gathering. Just got our certificates handed over at the registration table and then a speech by the Mayor, followed by Pledge and the National Anthem. Was over in like 30 minutes. Just got to take pictures with the Mayor. Anyways it is over now finally. Best of luck to everyone who are waiting. 

• Congratulations 1

13 minutes ago, path2aus said:

So finished my Ceremony yesterday in Adelaide. Pretty low key gathering. Just got our certificates handed over at the registration table and then a speech by the Mayor, followed by Pledge and the National Anthem. Was over in like 30 minutes. Just got to take pictures with the Mayor. Anyways it is over now finally. Best of luck to everyone who are waiting. 

When was your application approved?

What suburb did you attend the ceremony?

8 minutes ago, LeJJ4 said:

When was your application approved?

What suburb did you attend the ceremony?

Application approved for me in February 2021 and in December 2020 for my wife. West Torrens is the council and Thebarton Community Center was the location.

8 hours ago, Olivia_1993 said:

See, if you update address online, even then it has to be routed manually by team to schedule further steps in application. 

Changing and switching back does not expedite. Usually they say, if you are planning to stay for more than a month, then update. 

Wait times will be still applicable in new place, plus how long they take to route you to new department. 

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I had asked the dept. on the process to change address as the plan is to go for abt 2 months or more. And they said to make change online and call them up so they can update the department. I thought they would do it right away. 

do you happen to know what further steps does the team need to take to route the application and if these are complex or how long they take on average to do the change ? 

Regards

3 hours ago, Joe Forum said:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I had asked the dept. on the process to change address as the plan is to go for abt 2 months or more. And they said to make change online and call them up so they can update the department. I thought they would do it right away. 

do you happen to know what further steps does the team need to take to route the application and if these are complex or how long they take on average to do the change ? 

Regards

My thoughts :

This may not be too complex to route , as they must be freshly sorting on approval date each time they sit to send invitations , but 

Lets say, you were 100th person in a queue in place 1, and on relocation  => you moved to 150th or 50th person in place 2. 

So you have to see if [ time taken to process application for 50th place + routing time ] is less than in your current 100th person in a queue in place 1.

And if you end up being 150th person in queue in place 2, then gone!

Don't move just to fasten this process, if you are not so sure and call them to route your application. 

49 minutes ago, Olivia_1993 said:

as they must be freshly sorting on approval date each time they sit to send invitations

Thank you for your thoughts on this 🙂 

Is it known for certain that this is how they do it - i.e. sorting for each list they create ? Or do they simply append the new applicant to the list assuming it is coming to them in a sorted order because it is anyway being sent that way to them ? 

Regards