AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

3 hours ago, tatiana said:

Hi Guys!

Anyone in Brisbane has already received the invitation for the Ceremony on 19th of April? 

I got my citizenship application approved yesterday and was wondering when I can expect the invitation.

Regards, T

When did you sit on your citizenship test?

Hello everyone, 

I would like to share my timeline: 

Application applied: 27/06/2020

Invitation on 05/02/2021 for test and interview on 05/03/2021. 

Both my wife and I passed. My wife application was approved on the same day, but mine was approved today 27/03/2021.

Now we will be waiting for ceremony. 

14 hours ago, tatiana said:

Hi Guys!

Anyone in Brisbane has already received the invitation for the Ceremony on 19th of April? 

I got my citizenship application approved yesterday and was wondering when I can expect the invitation.

Regards, T

You might need to wait at least  4 months with the current trend. My application was approved on 20/Nov and still waiting for the ceremony invite. People who were approved till Oct 2020 were invited to the last ceremony. 

11 hours ago, Chennaiguy said:

You might need to wait at least  4 months with the current trend. My application was approved on 20/Nov and still waiting for the ceremony invite. People who were approved till Oct 2020 were invited to the last ceremony. 

yikes!

Helle mates,

I Applied Citizenship by conferral 21/08/2019 (myself) from rockhampton council. Moved to victoria from qld before covid. Came back to qld in june 2020. Changed address online to rockhampton one. 

Invitation 29/10/2020 on rockhampton Centrelink

Changed address online to brisbane. 

Test Date 16/12/2020 on rockhampton Centrelink. Passed 100% in test. I requested the interviewer to have my ceremony at brisbane council. 

Approval: I am still waiting approval. No extra documents has been requested yet. Application shows received.

Ceremony: many times in the dream. 

Are there other too from rockhampton, brisbane or other council on same situation.

Edited by ashish

52 minutes ago, Cairns 15 dec said:

Hi , can we request for virtual ceremony in queensland as there is lockdown in brisbane 

thanks

On 22/03/2021 at 14:42, vickyplum said:

state

No harm trying. But it is a region specific lockdown and not nationwide. they may not  give it to your far distant people - assuming you are safe/away.

56 minutes ago, Limit8 said:

Lock down just hit Brisbane for the next 3 days starting at 5 pm the ceremony is on the 1st April at 7pm a couple hours after the lock down is supposed to be lifted. Did we dodge the cancelation of the ceremony or not?? 

Just confirmed BCC has postponed Apr 1 ceremony to a later date. You should receive the info once they have a new date. 

Just had my interview/test and my application is now approved today 29/3/21. My Dad is receiving palliative care but they won't expedite my application to enable me to get my Australian passport to fly to see him in UK.

Anyone else in Victoria got a timeline for the wait for ceremonies once you get approval?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Melb2016 said:

Ok, some movement. Applied in April 2020 and received an invitation for test and interview for early April 2021. Applied from Melbourne. 

It's such a relief isn't it. I just had my interview and test today - also applied in April 2020  in Melbourne.

3 hours ago, Melb2016 said:

Ok, some movement. Applied in April 2020 and received an invitation for test and interview for early April 2021. Applied from Melbourne. 

What was your date of citizenship application in april 20.

2 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

It's such a relief isn't it. I just had my interview and test today - also applied in April 2020  in Melbourne.

Hi Pearplumpie, 

Yes it was great to see the application progress. Not worried about the test. As regards the interview- did they expect all documents that you have lodged with the application and is the interview just to confirm identity?  

Also wondering when we may be able to visit the UK. Although your situation does sound very difficult. Hope things are ok with your father. 

9 hours ago, Melb2016 said:

Hi Pearplumpie, 

Yes it was great to see the application progress. Not worried about the test. As regards the interview- did they expect all documents that you have lodged with the application and is the interview just to confirm identity?  

Also wondering when we may be able to visit the UK. Although your situation does sound very difficult. Hope things are ok with your father. 

They only asked to see my Vic driving licence. I was a bit concerned as I changed my surname at 16 unofficially but used it on my passport and marriage certificate, but the case worker wasn't bothered by that. The lady after me was having to show everything though, so it really does depend on individual situations.

2 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

They only asked to see my Vic driving licence. I was a bit concerned as I changed my surname at 16 unofficially but used it on my passport and marriage certificate, but the case worker wasn't bothered by that. The lady after me was having to show everything though, so it really does depend on individual situations.

I see it as being more dependant on the individual assessor one gets at the time of testing. They are all individual people who all have differing personalities and some seem to follow their own directives more stringently than others. 

It's the luck of the draw, basically.

1 hour ago, Canada2Australia said:

I see it as being more dependant on the individual assessor one gets at the time of testing. They are all individual people who all have differing personalities and some seem to follow their own directives more stringently than others. 

It's the luck of the draw, basically.

Maybe, but the lady after me who was having to show everything was seeing the same assessor/case worker as I saw.....

1 hour ago, MNB said:

Finallyyyyyyyyy........Status changed to Approved.......2 months wait is over

MNB, 

Good to hear. To confirm, you had a 2 month wait post test/interview before the status was changed to Approved? Was there any additional doc requirements that they were waiting to assess?