AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Congratulations.

As I mentioned  earlier that our citizenship application was lodged on 29 Aug 2020 from ACT. Today, I re-checked contents of the application and realized that we made one mistake (at Page 10 of the application) under the heading "Current residence", which I responded as 'Pakistan' instated of 'AUSTRALIA'. It means that we are offshore which is wrong. In fact we were/are on shore.

My question is, whether we need to notify the DHA or wait their inquiry? If yes, then how?

Hi All,
Hope you're all keeping well
I am wondering if any applicants from Sydney have received a test/interview invitation recently, and if so when they originally applied. 

I checked out this thread and see elsewhere things are moving very rapidly! 
I applied approx. 8 months ago from Sydney, no news as of yet

Cheers

It seems things are moving rapidly in SA, WA and QLD ... can anyone update on any progressing applications in VIC (or even to know dates people applied but have still not heard anything)?

My partner applied in September 2020 in Melbourne with no updates at this point (which we expected) but it seems other states that might have meant the test invite was received.

Has anyone changed their address to another state to expedite this process?  It seems that each state may have its own queue whereas I had assumed they would go into a central pool for approval then sent back to the relevant state when you come to book the test.

Wouldn't mind driving to Adelaide to move things forward at a faster pace!

On 13/11/2020 at 06:39, Lynkim said:

I and my husband received the invitation letter today. It happened so faster than we expected!  We've been worried so much as we are on 187 visa since 3/9/2019 and I am not with my employer anymore. They closed the business the end of March (only worked for them 6month after 187 visa approved)

I tried to reschedule our test date online but it turned out we couldn't. I think because of covid-19 situation. So we are going to do our test the day they asked for.

Citizenship applied 11/09/2020

Invitation letter received 13/11/2020

Test and interview date 19/12/2020

Ceremony hopefully soon!

Council  onkaparinga, SA

Hi There,

Is your test scheduled on same day  or any changes due to covid outbreak in  Adelaide?

Do you someone who applied after you and have also received test invite yet. I applied October start and nothing yet

Please advise..

Many thanks.

6 hours ago, fary said:

Hi There,

Is your test scheduled on same day  or any changes due to covid outbreak in  Adelaide?

Do you someone who applied after you and have also received test invite yet. I applied October start and nothing yet

Please advise..

Many thanks.

No any changes yet

On 09/11/2020 at 17:26, harry1983 said:

Hi Everyone,

My Test was on last week Wednesday 04/11/2020 (passed).

Just wondering what is the average approved time?

Thanks

Hi bro have u got approval

my test was done on 19/11/2020 with my wife she got approved within minutes and I am still waiting.

2 hours ago, jpadda001 said:

my test was done on 19/11/2020 with my wife she got approved within minutes and I am still waiting.

2 hours ago, jpadda001 said:

Hi Mate, 

Yes got approved on Saturday ( 28/11/2020.

Took me about 3 weeks to get approved.

Good luck with your application.

You will get soon.

On 24/09/2020 at 00:23, danido said:

applied citizenship 9/6/2020

invitation for test and interview : 14/9/2020

approval letter received: 14/9/2020 (after passed the test 15 mins)

ceremony: waiting

You are so lucky mate. Def 'god speeds' for you. I don't understand what Sydney office is doing???!!! I am going to write to local MP to complain about the great disparity amount states - how can you call this a "fair go"??!!

16 minutes ago, 04April2017DE said:

The speed and experience for applicants from Sydney or NSW region is a joke - I encourage every affected to make some formal complaint. 

I am with the sydney CBD office too,have a look on my timeline, i did my test 13 months after my application.

Hi guys! 
how are we all going ? 
I just checked my immi account which says I have an appointment on 16feb 2021.

but I have to bring all those documents which have been listed. I have question that I don’t have original marriage certificate. I do have my marriage certificate which is attested. But I do have all the documents.can anyone tell me what else I can do? and is there any chance if I can change my test date as well? 
thank you 

Amrit 
Timeline 

citizenship applied 24/09/2020 Hobart Tasmania 

Edited by A kaur

Hi there,

I do not think they ask about Marriage certificate. They going to check your Birth certificate, Passport, license.  I am not sure why you submitted your marriage certificate in the application?

Edited by fary

21 minutes ago, fary said:

Hi there,

I do not think they ask about Marriage certificate. They going to check your Birth certificate, Passport, license.  I am not sure why you submitted your marriage certificate in the application?

Thanks for reply , 

my lawyer did, and I don’t have birth certificate, do you think that I can use high school certificate. 
thank you 

In the 1290 citizenship form when it asks 'Do you have an Australian driver licence?' does it also count the learners permit. Any help would be really appreciated as my son is 17 so is  confused if he should say yes and put his learners permit down or say no cause it may mean a probationary licence.

Edited by LelouchviBrittania

I have been following this forum for a quite a while to keep track of timelines and have gotten lots of useful info so I wanted to share some good news which may help out others.

I am based in Sydney and received a date for my citizenship test today🥳🥳 I applied for citizenship on 28th Jan 2020 and my test date is 14th Jan 2021. Hopefully the wait for the ceremony won't be as long!

• Congratulations 1

40 minutes ago, Rbk786 said:

I have been following this forum for a quite a while to keep track of timelines and have gotten lots of useful info so I wanted to share some good news which may help out others.

I am based in Sydney and received a date for my citizenship test today🥳🥳 I applied for citizenship on 28th Jan 2020 and my test date is 14th Jan 2021. Hopefully the wait for the ceremony won't be as long!

Congratulations! May i know where do you live? I applied on the same date but I have moved to Melbourne 2 months back not sure how it’s going to impact my application.

Hi All,

Just wondering just noticed one of the Recommended documents was the Form 1229, is this actually needed? wondering if this may be delaying things?

This only appeared a recommended document on my wife's application, as our son is attached to her's. Our applications are linked.

Applied Citizenship  23/11/2020 (my myself, my wife and dependent child)

City: Wanneroo, WA

Current citizenship    South Africa

Invitation                    Awaiting

Test Date                    Awaiting

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

I had my citizenship test on 2/12 at Darwin centrelink service, passed now and still waiting for approve, don’t know how long it going to takes. Cause same day my friend did the test in Darwin home affairs office and she got approved straightaway after test. I’m wondering if centrelink service are slower than home affairs office to approve the application. Thanks 

On 29/11/2020 at 10:55, gmx said:

It seems things are moving rapidly in SA, WA and QLD ... can anyone update on any progressing applications in VIC (or even to know dates people applied but have still not heard anything)?

My partner applied in September 2020 in Melbourne with no updates at this point (which we expected) but it seems other states that might have meant the test invite was received.

Has anyone changed their address to another state to expedite this process?  It seems that each state may have its own queue whereas I had assumed they would go into a central pool for approval then sent back to the relevant state when you come to book the test.

Wouldn't mind driving to Adelaide to move things forward at a faster pace!

Hi I applied in April 2020 and have called to ask about general processing timelines to no avail. I’ve heard nothing since submission still on “Received” status. A friend of mine applied in Dec 19, had a test scheduled for April but it was cancelled and heard nothing since. Extremely frustrating lack of information. 

Is there any government office that can provide further information on processing times or how Covid has impacted Melbourne processing? An article online quotes 40% of backlog is in VIC. I would love to write to those in charge to just see what they plan on doing but answer is unfortunately, probably nothing!!