AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 24/10/2020 at 13:29, ramot said:

Congratulations.

We have ours in 2 weeks on the Sunshine Coast. We  were chatting to a friend who had hers 2 weeks ago and she felt very disappointed with it, as she has given up her previous nationality. There were 300 that day and were split into three groups of 100 x three ceremonies.  Speeches by 3 people, plus indigenous welcome. the mayor’s was very political! Out of order, but an election soon!!! Pledge split into 2 groups as normal, Australian anthem sung and that was it. Had to go outside to individual booths to be given your certificate, certainly nothing given to you, not even a tree!!!

I appreciate the ceremony is impacted by covid, but a damp squid in comparison to both our children’s ceremonies, which made them feel that the important step they had taken was acknowledged. . We’ve decided to go by ourselves as our children would have to take the full day off work and travel here. Have a get together at the weekend instead. Tempted to ring our MP to say something before our ceremony.

Hi Ramot, would you mind telling us what your timescale is leading up to the ceremony please? I'm in Brisbane and still waiting. TIA

21 minutes ago, Jays said:

Hi Ramot, would you mind telling us what your timescale is leading up to the ceremony please? I'm in Brisbane and still waiting. TIA

We applied for citizenship late May, we didn’t have to take a test as too old. Took about 10 weeks to get the formal letter of acceptance for citizenship. Ceremony next Wednesday. So just less than 6 months from application. 

Wowww!! I can’t believe it happened.

guyz i can’t believe my application is approved today, whole process was so quick. 
Here is my timeline;

Application date: 17/09/2020

Test Invitation -27/10/20 for 01/12/20

Rescheduled: 29/10/20 

Approved:29/10/20 (within 10 mins after test)

test centre: Perth 

city: Stirling 

During identification checks with an officer I did ask about my checks, he confirmed everything is good nothing is pending. I have mentioned to him that i have received commonwealth scholarship to study at UWA when can i expect approval he smiled and said check tonight. Lol

Once I finished my test I was passing through his counter he has asked me “all done!”? I replied yes then i left the building as soon as i got into the car and checked my status it was APPROVED.

I actually waited 2 years for my 187 so i was not expecting this quick. 

i wish you all the very best and hopefully you all get your approvals/ceremonies soon. 

• Congratulations 3

2 hours ago, Sam31 said:

guyz i can’t believe my application is approved today, whole process was so quick. 
Here is my timeline;

During identification checks with an officer I did ask about my checks, he confirmed everything is good nothing is pending. I have mentioned to him that i have received commonwealth scholarship to study at UWA when can i expect approval he smiled and said check tonight. Lol

Once I finished my test I was passing through his counter he has asked me “all done!”? I replied yes then i left the building as soon as i got into the car and checked my status it was APPROVED.

i wish you all the very best and hopefully you all get your approvals/ceremonies soon. 

Congratulations please keep us posted when you are invited for the ceremony.

3 hours ago, Sam31 said:

Here is my timeline;

Awesome news, I have managed to reschedule my test for 30/10. How thorough were they in checking documents? I have everything but have heard some officers just check passports. 

2 hours ago, Chezza81 said:

Awesome news, I have managed to reschedule my test for 30/10. How thorough were they in checking documents? I have everything but have heard some officers just check passports. 

Did our test in Perth and they only checked passports that was it. All the best for tomorrow.

Edited by tt2
Made a typo.
  • Like 1

Just an update, took my test passed 100%. I arrived for my appointment 20 mins beforehand and was called in within 5 minutes. The only thing that was checked was my driver’s licence. Interview and test done in 15 minutes and my approval appeared in my immiaccount pretty much straight away!

My husband has his interview and test in two weeks.

I did ask about ceremonies and the officer said that most councils are preparing for Australia Day Ceremonies and we may be in time for an invite to that one. City of Rockingham have published all dates for 2021, they have 2 all February as well as Australia Day so will wait and see but hopeful to get an invite to one of the three.

Citizenship App: 25 August 2020
Test Invitation: 27 October 20
Test Date: Original 9 December rescheduled 30 October 
Approval: 30 October 
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Rockingham, WA

Edited by Chezza81
  • Congratulations 2

Hi everyone, My friend lodged his citizenship application from ACT on 29 Aug 2020. Her status is still RECEIVED. On the other hand, her son's application status changed today from RECEIVED to APPROVED, he also applied on the same day and from the same IMMI Account.

Would the grateful if someone could please let us know that what will happen next after this change of status of APPROVED?  

Hello everyone

my husband and I applied on the 9th of October 2020

nothing changed yet

i can see that someone get it very quickly 

I don’t understand why the processing time should be long considering that there aren’t all the previous visa to look for due to covid,like student and working holiday visa.

its should be more quicker now 

Hi everyone, My friend lodged his citizenship application from ACT on 29 Aug 2020. Her status is still RECEIVED. On the other hand, her son's application status changed today from RECEIVED to APPROVED, he also applied on the same day and from the same IMMI Account.

Would the grateful if someone could please let us know that what will happen next after this change of status of APPROVED?  Whether some email or any letter by post would receive for test/interview?

1 hour ago, Chezza81 said:

Posted on another discussion forum - this is for those of you in WA. Would interesting to find out how many people different councils get through per ceremony. 

95F9D114-FA2F-4942-80AB-4AA92B066EA9.png

Interesting information @Chezza81 thanks for sharing. City of kwinana has one ceremony in November then January.  Not sure if we will make it for the November one.

2 hours ago, tt2 said:

Interesting information @Chezza81 thanks for sharing. City of kwinana has one ceremony in November then January.  Not sure if we will make it for the November one.

@tt2 last year the City of Kwinana held their ceremony at the Adventure Park with just over 70 conferees so if they do the same in 2021the outdoor venue should allow for them to clear a large number. I was actually going to ask Mayor Carol Adams about Kwinana’s ceremonies at a recent work meeting but forgot! I’ll be checking for Rockingham’s ceremony next week to see how many they have there. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tt2 said:

@shree received ours on the 27th of October, waiting patiently for ceremony. City of Kwinana.

5 hours ago, Chezza81 said:

Posted on another discussion forum - this is for those of you in WA. Would interesting to find out how many people different councils get through per ceremony. 

95F9D114-FA2F-4942-80AB-4AA92B066EA9.png

Awesome data chez, tt2 all are waiting on same row

4 hours ago, Chezza81 said:

@tt2 last year the City of Kwinana held their ceremony at the Adventure Park with just over 70 conferees so if they do the same in 2021the outdoor venue should allow for them to clear a large number. I was actually going to ask Mayor Carol Adams about Kwinana’s ceremonies at a recent work meeting but forgot! I’ll be checking for Rockingham’s ceremony next week to see how many they have there. 

Ooohh thats good recently moved down, I know one in September and October were at their offices. Please do share if you do speak to the Mayor. Thanks @Chezza81 .

hi guys

i am having trouble to attach  a endorsed photograph on citizenship application , i did upload passport photograph which is accepted . when i try to upload rear endorsed photograph document type section shows photograph - passport again and while upload it goes to the same photograph  section where we have to fix in the circle .  it says an error has occurred . the image could not be uploaded due to poor quality etc . my question is how do we change document type from passport photograph to other .every time I logged out and login always  shows  document type passport photograph.

Hi Guys, finally received the Golden email today for the Virtual Citizenship Ceremony. Would like to know if we should explicitly reply to the email confirming that I'm okay with the given date/times and am willing to attend the VCC.

Edited by Kris9
  • Congratulations 2

2 hours ago, Kris9 said:

Hi Guys, finally received the Golden email today for the Virtual Citizenship Ceremony. Would like to know if we should explicitly reply to the email confirming that I'm okay with the given date/times and am willing to attend the VCC.

Congratulations..am glad knowing they still do the virtual ceremonies.. hopefully same for us at Sydney.. congrats again 

Hi everyone,

My husband is qualified to apply for citizenship today (04/11) while my eldest and I on the 22nd of Nov, we also have our youngest son (2yo) born here while we are on BVA. Can we just apply all together on the 22nd? We're not really rushing given the back log in VIC, we know it's going to be a long wait. 

And for cases like this does my husband's application need to be separate or we can lodge as a family?

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, MerryPumpkin said:

Can we just apply all together on the 22nd? We're not really rushing given the back log in VIC, we know it's going to be a long wait. 

And for cases like this does my husband's application need to be separate or we can lodge as a family?

Thanks!

In my experience, it's always for the best to wait for few days after the exact date of eligibility, to apply for the citizenship. I've seen numerous cases where people have just rushed in, applied on the day or the next when they were eligible and got cancelled after paying the money, because the calculation was either wrong or due to some other issues. I personally waited for 3 weeks before I can apply, but suggest, atleast a week, to be in the safe side. 

Your husband can apply for all of you in his Immi Account. You and your husband will have two different applications and either of you can include your 2 yo in your application.