AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

8 hours ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

Did anyone find the test daunting? 
As with everyone else, my wife and I have done the practice tests a hundred times over. Still the fear of the unknown I suppose.

Yes I was worried about it - but I always worry about any test or exam situation!

Just keep reading 'Our Common Bond' and do ALL the practice test you can find on the internet 😄  You will be fine on the day.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mara said:

Hi! I' m also thinking of applying from Hobart soon. Just wandering if you got any answer/test date from the department yet? 

Hi Mara,

i applied on 24/09/20, I haven’t heard anything yet. Keep in touch and good luck for yours. 

I and my husband received the invitation letter today. It happened so faster than we expected!  We've been worried so much as we are on 187 visa since 3/9/2019 and I am not with my employer anymore. They closed the business the end of March (only worked for them 6month after 187 visa approved)

I tried to reschedule our test date online but it turned out we couldn't. I think because of covid-19 situation. So we are going to do our test the day they asked for.

Citizenship applied 11/09/2020

Invitation letter received 13/11/2020

Test and interview date 19/12/2020

Ceremony hopefully soon!

Council  onkaparinga, SA

Edited by Lynkim
  • Congratulations 1

On 04/11/2020 at 18:03, Coreanoob said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but here are the current details of my citizenship application process!

Citizenship App: 17 July 2020
Test Invitation: 26 October 20
Original Test Date: 4 December

Re-scheduled Date: 4 November
Approval:
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Adelaide (SA) / City of Campbelltown Council

Hi Everyone!

Just a follow up with the new status on my citizenship application! My application got approved today (Passed the test on the 4th of Nov) and I definitely will write a letter to the department which takes charge of scheduling ceremony dates so that it happens within 2020! Fingers crossed.

Approval: 13 November

On 13/11/2020 at 12:09, Lynkim said:

I and my husband received the invitation letter today. It happened so faster than we expected!  We've been worried so much as we are on 187 visa since 3/9/2019 and I am not with my employer anymore. They closed the business the end of March (only worked for them 6month after 187 visa approved)

I tried to reschedule our test date online but it turned out we couldn't. I think because of covid-19 situation. So we are going to do our test the day they asked for.

Ceremony hopefully soon!

Council  onkaparinga, SA

On 13/11/2020 at 12:38, Coreanoob said:

Hi Everyone!

Just a follow up with the new status on my citizenship application! My application got approved today (Passed the test on the 4th of Nov) and I definitely will write a letter to the department which takes charge of scheduling ceremony dates so that it happens within 2020! Fingers crossed.

Hi,
can we reschedule our test date to earlier date?

it seems you have

On 13/11/2020 at 12:38, Coreanoob said:

Hi Everyone!

rescheduled your test?

many Thanks 

On 13/11/2020 at 12:09, Lynkim said:

Ceremony hopefully soon!

Council  onkaparinga, SA

I think you should be able to reschedule your test. 

On 11/11/2020 at 15:48, Sean007 said:

Hi all, I had the citizenship test on 29th Sept and got approved and waiting for the ceremony. During the interview the visa officer mentioned I can take part in a virtual ceremony and I said am happy to do that. Still no news on ceremony, has anyone had similar experience or being invited for a ceremony ? I applied from NSW. 

On 13/11/2020 at 13:08, Coreanoob said:

Hi Everyone!

Can you tell me please the address where you gonna send the letter to? Am really desperate to do the ceremony before end of 2020

3 hours ago, fary said:

I think you should be able to reschedule your test. 

It said I should ring to reschedule if I want. I couldn't do it online. I don't know why.

I am happy with 19 December anyway.

Thanks

20201114_201300.png

Edited by Lynkim

On 13/11/2020 at 22:20, Tony.Kay said:

Hi guys. I applied app on 21st March 2020 and was asked to update a few docs on 22 October. I'm still waiting for test invitation. I'm in Darwin. Does anyone have a similar date as mine and receive their invitation? Thanks.

Hi Tony. Kay,

i think we are on the same situation. I applied this March and got informed to upload extra documents on October 21. And still waiting now , from Darwin council as well. Please private message me, let’s have a chat. Thanks 

4 hours ago, coquette said:

Hi guys , quick update.. my husband ans younger son got the ceremony invitation for 15/12 at sydney Rockdale townhall, however myself and my older son have not received any invitation!! Are not we supposed we all take the pledge together as family?

Congratulations to your husband and son, hope yours is coming too. Fingers crossed. 

Applied for citizenship: 15 October 2020

Council: Cairns 

Invitation letter for test received on: 11 November 2020

Test Appointment : 4 December 2020

Rescheduled: 17 November 2020

17 November 2020: test PASSED, application APPROVED shortly after.

My partner has applied on the same day, but he still didn't received a test date. It might be because he has criminal records (15 years ago in Italy).

My husband called DOHA today asking them why him and our young son only received the ceremony invitation while myself and our older son have not yet, they linked the applications together (though they were supposed to be linked as per what we have stated in the applications) but no guarantee we can do the ceremony together.  So bummed:(

14 hours ago, 123stella said:

Applied for citizenship: 15 October 2020

Council: Cairns 

Invitation letter for test received on: 11 November 2020

Test Appointment : 4 December 2020

Rescheduled: 17 November 2020

17 November 2020: test PASSED, application APPROVED shortly after.

My partner has applied on the same day, but he still didn't received a test date. It might be because he has criminal records (15 years ago in Italy).

May I ask you... How is the new test going? Thank you