AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

55 minutes ago, Bondi797 said:

Anyone received a ceremony invite recently and what dates are they having their ceremony? Sydney, Woolarah Council and surroundings.

thanks 

I am not sure about ceremony at council premises,But lot of people from Sydney managed to get virtual ceremony. If you don't mind virtual ceremony, you can email the virtual ceremony department.Friend of mine got approved on Dec 11th, sent an email for virtual ceremony and they replied back with Dec 23rd for virtual ceremony

55 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

I am not sure about ceremony at council premises,But lot of people from Sydney managed to get virtual ceremony. If you don't mind virtual ceremony, you can email the virtual ceremony department.Friend of mine got approved on Dec 11th, sent an email for virtual ceremony and they replied back with Dec 23rd for virtual ceremony

That’s interesting, so your friend just requested a virtual ceremony and they offered that to him 2 days later? Or did he/she have some sort of compelling reasons to do it online?

Citizenship App: 10 Sep 20
Test Invitation: 2 Nov 20
Original Test Date: 25 Nov 20

Re-scheduled Date: 20 Nov 20
Approval: In 15min after test
Ceremony: I sent 5 emails that i really want to get a ceremony within 2020 since my citizenship approved as i had a plan to buy a new house early next year with the government scheme, however couldn't get any reply ummm...... I just gave up buying a house in Cairns... 

Sorry to the long waiters that it sounds like complaining, however i saw a lot of people who got their citizenship approval in Dec. 20 already finished their ceremony...

Come on Queensland... be flexible..............................

Council: Cairns (QLD) / Cairns City Council.

2 hours ago, Bondi797 said:

That’s interesting, so your friend just requested a virtual ceremony and they offered that to him 2 days later? Or did he/she have some sort of compelling reasons to do it online?

Yes that's correct, you don't need compelling reasons for virtual ceremony especially in NSW. If you are interested send an email to the following address with you approval letter or screenshot of your immiaccount

virtual.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au
ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au

15 hours ago, garrychandi said:

Yes that's correct, you don't need compelling reasons for virtual ceremony especially in NSW. If you are interested send an email to the following address with you approval letter or screenshot of your immiaccount

virtual.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au
ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au
virtual.ceremony.act@homeaffairs.gov.au

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

Finally took the test in Melbourne today. Application date is irrelevant really, it's been postponed more than once.

Application still showing as 'received'. Where I live the council are resuming in-person ceremonies from January, smaller in number, and every 6-8 weeks. So I'm not expecting an 'Australia Day' ceremony which is fine by me. I don't think that particular day is worthy of celebration.

38 minutes ago, littlefoot said:

마침내 오늘 멜버른에서 시험을 치렀습니다. 신청 날짜는 실제로 관련이 없으며 두 번 이상 연기되었습니다.

애플리케이션이 여전히 '수신 됨'으로 표시됩니다. 내가 사는 곳에서 의회는 1 월부터 더 적은 수로 6-8 주마다 대면식을 재개하고 있습니다. 그래서 나는 나에게 좋은 '호주의 날'의식을 기대하지 않습니다. 나는 그 특별한 날이 축하 할 가치가 없다고 생각합니다.

Don't even expect they will consider our feeling. 

I really wanted to happily take online ceremony but some reason they removed the option and asked people to go back to the queue lol

On 18/12/2020 at 12:37, Bondi797 said:

Hi,

Applied citizenship: 11 Feb 2020

Interview/Test email: 12 December 2020

Initial test date: 25 January 2020

Rescheduled test/interview: 18 December 2020

Passed test today in 5 minutes 

Waiting Approval

Immi Account: Still says Received

Sydney CBD office 

Hi,  has you got the approval?

13 hours ago, tapidum said:

Can anybody please suggest, why Vic and NSW are the slowest, whereas, the QLD, WA and SA are the fastest to Process Citizenship Applications ?

And what Victorians or Sydneysiders should do about it ?

Maybe just be covid-safe, follow the simple damn rules, and don't let another outbreak happen..!

Hi all, just a small update. I just received a letter from immigration stating that I passed the citizenship test and to wait for the ceremony. I just now called the local council to check if they will call me for the Australia day ceremony to which they said no as they have already prepared the list. 

So to those here whose application is approved recently can call their councils to see if they are still sending invitations. 

Does anyone got approval after test around 08 Dec 2020? I'm worried about late approval, due to I have overseas travel in Jan, to UK for work. 

My timeline:

20 Aug 2015, 190 visa granted offshore

23 Dec 2015, first entry

23 Dec 2019, citizenship application lodged

25 Nov 2020, test invited

08 Dec 2020, test passed

Awaiting approval.

1 hour ago, Perth123 said:

Hi all, just a small update. I just received a letter from immigration stating that I passed the citizenship test and to wait for the ceremony. I just now called the local council to check if they will call me for the Australia day ceremony to which they said no as they have already prepared the list. 

So to those here whose application is approved recently can call their councils to see if they are still sending invitations. 

Hi mate, 
What do you mean of "passed the citizenship test"? Does is mean got approval? I haven't received any letter related with my citizenship test passed.