House swap exchange

Fairview70

On 09/02/2020 at 06:08, Marisawright said:

Have you looked into how a swap would work legally?  It sounds like a good idea but I'd have thought it could get quite complicated because you're dealing with two different legal systems. 

I would have thought the bigger issue is where the hell do they think you can get a three bed house for £115K in the UK to swap their Aussie house for?

A three bed in almost everywhere will be pushing £200k

18 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I would have thought the bigger issue is where the hell do they think you can get a three bed house for £115K in the UK to swap their Aussie house for?

A three bed in almost everywhere will be pushing £200k

Not true. We're selling our 2 bed end of terrace for just shy of 100k in Preston. There are plenty of 3 beds to be had for not much more. Manchester is only 30 mins away. I guess it depends where the OP wants to move to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

Not true. We're selling our 2 bed end of terrace for just shy of 100k in Preston. There are plenty of 3 beds to be had for not much more. Manchester is only 30 mins away. I guess it depends where the OP wants to move to.

Fair enough, you get used to the crazy situation in your own part of the world I guess - round near me you might get a 3 bed for £400k if you are willing to do some renovation work otherwise no chance.

• Like 1