Which council to choose if you live in 2 councils ?

Sigemup

Hi guys,

Which council to choose if you live in 2 councils ?  Suppose you live in a particular city for 2 days in a fortnight and others in the fortnight in another city, then which council should you put on the citizenship application ? 

- rented houses in both cities

- utility bills at both rented houses. 

- Work from home in one city for the 2 days. 

- May buy house in city of 2 days. 

Could you choose either or is there any criteria for this ? 

Edited by Sigemup

58 minutes ago, ali said:

I would chose the shire that I lived in most - e.g. the one you're living in for 12 out of 14 days

Hi ali,

Thank you for the reply. 

is there any particular reason for this suggestion. 

Thank you

Edited by Sigemup

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

Hi ali,

Thank you for the reply. 

is there any particular reason for this suggestion. 

Thank you

...because you'd more likely already be in the area when your ceremony comes up, and so less likely would have to change your plans or take time off from work?

I don't see there's a huge difference here. Where will you say you live on the application? Could make sense to go with that, as it'll look less 'odd' to someone processing it.

You could also check the sample data on http://sharemytimeline.info/ to see if one council area has significantly quicker timelines than the other. Bear in mind this is only a small sample of data though!

4 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Vickyplum,

I guess the question would be which addr should I put on this ? 

I don't think it matters greatly, from a tidyness point of view (i.e. drawing the least scrutiny to your application) I would go for the one that your drivers licence, medicare and tax returns are registered at. 

If they are different just make a call and pick one - it really only dtermines what town you do your citizenship process in