Return Resident Visa(RRV)_Complicated_Guidance required

Prax

Hello Dear Experts,

I hold a PR which was issued in August 2015. My PR will be expiring in Aug 2020. I have validated it by visiting Australia for a week earlier.

Due to my commitments at my home country, i could not come to Australia earlier. Now, i have migrated to Australia on September 2019 in search of a job.

I have only a year(Aug 2020) until my visa expires. (RRV rule says that i have to stay in Australia for 2 years out of 5 years of visa time)

Now, To get an RRV

• What are the available options for me to show strong ties to Australia?
  • If i have a part time job, is that enough to show that i have strong ties to Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prax

Hi

29 minutes ago, Prax said:

Hello Dear Experts,

I hold a PR which was issued in August 2015. My PR will be expiring in Aug 2020. I have validated it by visiting Australia for a week earlier.

Due to my commitments at my home country, i could not come to Australia earlier. Now, i have migrated to Australia on September 2019 in search of a job.

I have only a year(Aug 2020) until my visa expires. (RRV rule says that i have to stay in Australia for 2 years out of 5 years of visa time)

Now, To get an RRV

• If i have a part time job, is that enough to show that i have strong ties to Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prax

Hi, Strong ties include, 1. Your running bank accounts, 2. Rental agreement 3. Full time job (not sure of parttime though). 4. Extended family in AU (submit their addresses and passport copies) 5. Any partner of child visa that has been applied with you

P.S - I moved to AU on last dat of my 5 year expiry :), just made one entry before . Applied for a RRV after I came here a got it approved in a month. By then we showed that I am searching for a  job, opened a bank account, cousins and family in AU, applied for partner and child for family back in US by then.

Edited by Dip489

49 minutes ago, paulhand said:

You don’t need an RRV yet. If you are in Australia now and stay until you need to apply for an RRV, you will have created ties through job, leasing a home, settling in to the community etc etc. I would not stress about this now, if you have actually moved. 

Many thanks for your prompt response. 

32 minutes ago, Dip489 said:

Hi

Hi, Strong ties include, 1. Your running bank accounts, 2. Rental agreement 3. Full time job (not sure of parttime though). 4. Extended family in AU (submit their addresses and passport copies) 5. Any partner of child visa that has been applied with you

P.S - I moved to AU on last dat of my 5 year expiry :), just made one entry before . Applied for a RRV after I came here a got it approved in a month. By then we showed that I am searching for a  job, opened a bank account, cousins and family in AU, applied for partner and child for family back in US by then.

Hi Dip489,

Many thanks for your prompt response.  i would need your guidence on the points you had mentioned here.

1. Search for a job                 :  How can i show this? I mean, things like registering in center link etc. Please guide me

2. Bank Account                      : Already opened it

3. Cousins and Family in US : My family will arrive in couple of months. Also, my wife's cousins are Australian citizens.

Does submitting my wife's cousin's address and passport copies is enough?

Kindly guide me.

Best Regards,

Prax

2 hours ago, Prax said:

Hi Dip489,

Many thanks for your prompt response.  i would need your guidence on the points you had mentioned here.         

Hi, First of all, why do you need an RRV... Are you in AU and do you have more time left on your PR..?? I applied for RRV because I was still working in US and came here the last day of PR expiry and still needed to go back and pack up things before I move.. Once you are in the country you only need RRV if there is not time on your PR and you need to travel outside the country..

In any case, I will answer your questions..

1. Search for a job                 :  How can i show this? I mean, things like registering in center link etc. Please guide me .     --- What I did was,, I forwarded email conversations between employers and myself regarding job interviews and interests. I was actively giving interviews at that time. I also applied for Driving License and VIC and attached a copy of it too.

2. Bank Account                      : Already opened it .  - Good, attach proofs of your bank account,, need not show a lot of funds in it...at least I didn't.

3. Cousins and Family in US : My family will arrive in couple of months. Also, my wife's cousins are Australian citizens.   - Take copies of first and last pages of your wives cousins passport with their addresses..

Does submitting my wife's cousin's address and passport copies is enough?   - Yes

Basically, show family, business and employment ties

Kindly guide me.

Best Regards,

Prax

Edited by Dip489

• 4 months later...

Hello D

On 04/10/2019 at 11:27, Dip489 said:

Hi, First of all, why do you need an RRV... Are you in AU and do you have more time left on your PR..?? I applied for RRV because I was still working in US and came here the last day of PR expiry and still needed to go back and pack up things before I move.. Once you are in the country you only need RRV if there is not time on your PR and you need to travel outside the country..

In any case, I will answer your questions..

Hello Dear Dip,

Many thanks for your response. 

With regards to the below points , please see my response

1. Your running bank accounts,    - I have a running bank account 

2. Rental agreement                      - I have a rental agreement

3. Full time job (not sure of parttime though).     - Secured a full time job here

4. Extended family in AU (submit their addresses and passport copies)   - My wife cousin's are australian citizens. But, how can we prove the relationship. Is it something like we need to get a letter from attorney along with their passport pages

5. Any partner of child visa that has been applied with you  : My wife and son are here with me and i will be applying RRV together.

Kindly let me know is this enough or do i need to show any other substantial ties requirement. 

I request the experts on this forum to advise on this. 

Thank you very much in advance.

is there a reason you are applying for RRV now? Are you planning to leave Australia? You need to understand that PR is indefinite and as long as you stay in Australia there is no need to apply for anything. RRV is only needed if you need to leave the country and the travel facility on your current visa expires. If you don't have any immediate need to travel outside the country I will not sweat it. I came to Australia just 12 days before the expiry of the travel facility of my PR (2017) and applied for RRV only after 2 years (2019).

If you need to travel out of Australia you can try applying for RRV but again you may only get like 3 months or at max 1 year. You need to think if it is worth it. Again to reiterate your PR never expires, it is just the travel facility which expires. If you have the travel facility on your PR till August 2020 and you have plans of travelling outside after that, it is better you wait for few more months and apply for RRV just 2-3 months before your travel as your RRV might be granted only for a year or less.

On 04/10/2019 at 08:20, Prax said:

Hello Dear Experts,

Now, To get an RRV

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prax

I think you are confused about what an RRV is for.

You only need an RRV if you want to leave the country AFTER your PR expires ie Aug 2020 in order to get back into Australia. If you plan to stay in Australia you don’t need an RRV- you can stay forever. 
Paul Hand who has replied above is a Mara registered agent, I’d take his advice as the forum expert. The rest of us are not migration experts. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2020 at 08:59, path2aus said:

is there a reason you are applying for RRV now? Are you planning to leave Australia? You need to understand that PR is indefinite and as long as you stay in Australia there is no need to apply for anything. RRV is only needed if you need to leave the country and the travel facility on your current visa expires. If you don't have any immediate need to travel outside the country I will not sweat it. I came to Australia just 12 days before the expiry of the travel facility of my PR (2017) and applied for RRV only after 2 years (2019).

If you need to travel out of Australia you can try applying for RRV but again you may only get like 3 months or at max 1 year. You need to think if it is worth it. Again to reiterate your PR never expires, it is just the travel facility which expires. If you have the travel facility on your PR till August 2020 and you have plans of travelling outside after that, it is better you wait for few more months and apply for RRV just 2-3 months before your travel as your RRV might be granted only for a year or less.

Hello  @path2aus    @Dip489  @paulhand

Many thanks for your kind responses. 

As i have mentioned earlier, travel facility on my PR is expiring on August 2020. I would like to apply for RRV now as i might require travel facility, after August 2020, to visit my ailing father.  

I have migrated to Australia in September 2019. I have secured a job here in Australia.  

(1) To Apply for RRV now, i have to show 'Substantial Ties' with Australia.  For this purpose, i have the following documents

a. Your running bank accounts            :          I have a running bank account from September 2019 till date

b. Rental agreement                              :          I am living in a shared accomodation. I can get Rental history/document from the owner. 

c. Full time job                                        :          I have a permanent Job in Australia and have Employment Offer Letter

d. PaySlip                                                 :         I have got Payslips from My Employer

Apart from this, do i need to submit any other documents. Kindly advise.

(Apart from the above documents, i have Medicare card, NSW ID Card. Can i include them in my application. Please advise

(2) My Wife and Son are still at my home country. They have not come to Australia due to COVID-19. Can i apply RRV for them as well now, along with my  application(i am the primary applicant). Please advise

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Prax007

You should apply for your RRV first. Once you have it then your family (assuming they have also activated their visa) they use your RRV and your ties to apply. Those RRVS are only going to be for a year so tbh I would wait until you are sure they can migrate in that timeframe. 

9 hours ago, rammygirl said:

You should apply for your RRV first. Once you have it then your family (assuming they have also activated their visa) they use your RRV and your ties to apply. Those RRVS are only going to be for a year so tbh I would wait until you are sure they can migrate in that timeframe. 

Actually, the family RRVs will only be valid to the expiry date of the OPs RRV, not a full year. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 04:27, paulhand said:

Actually, the family RRVs will only be valid to the expiry date of the OPs RRV, not a full year. 

Hello @rammygirl & @paulhand,

Many thanks for your kind responses.

Please let me know whether below documents are sufficient to apply for RRV.

a. Your running bank accounts            :          I have a running bank account from September 2019 till date

b. Rental agreement                              :          I am living in a shared accomodation. I can get Rental history/document from the owner. 

c. Full time job                                        :          I have a permanent Job in Australia and have Employment Offer Letter

d. PaySlip                                                 :         I have got Payslips from My Employer

Also, please let me know if i need any further documents.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

How many more ways are you going to try and ask the same thing?

As per your messages to me and back, you should seek the advice of a migration agent. Getting an RRV yourself as a basis of thinking that that will resolve getting your family here after not meeting the arrive by date for each of them doesn't sound like a good plan to me - without agent advice.