Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

1 hour ago, hmn141905 said:

Hi Kathy,

Can you clarify if your parents have already entered Australia prior to your departure? I remember you mentioned your parents were offshore. As main applicants, your parents would have to enter first right? You as dependent can't enter Australia as PR before your parents???

Depends whether that condition is attached to the grant. If it’s not, people can enter in any order 

291D7CF5-F9E2-477C-915F-AAC992B1DEB6.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Congratulations!. Did you have to get a G2G Pass to get back into Perth?

Thank you. I had the G2G Pass. Everyone has to. You either get it approved and given a QR code before you arrive, or have to fill in the paper form at customs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Some visa categories do not now have to leaves Oz to get visa grant. BUT parent  visas( eg 143 ) are NOT included in the list. No surprise there, feeling totally discriminated against!! 

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid-19-visa-concessions

@Kathss56 This feels like an absolute kick in the guts. Why on earth would they be so blatantly discriminaotry? It's shocking. Like as if to say parents are like S*** and don't really matter. 

If anyone it is  the parents who are most vulnerable in the current COVID situation. 

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Some visa categories do not now have to leaves Oz to get visa grant. BUT parent  visas( eg 143 ) are NOT included in the list. No surprise there, feeling totally discriminated against!! 

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid-19-visa-concessions

This is terribly uncertain! Even if parents were included in this concession, they would still have to wait until "early 2021"??

5 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@Kathss56 This feels like an absolute kick in the guts. Why on earth would they be so blatantly discriminaotry? It's shocking. Like as if to say parents are like S*** and don't really matter. 

If anyone it is  the parents who are most vulnerable in the current COVID situation. 

They have never been bothered about us parents sadly. Did you write to the MP he is bringing it up tues or Weds 🤞🤞

3 minutes ago, KathyN said:

This is terribly uncertain! Even if parents were included in this concession, they would still have to wait until "early 2021"??

Yes will def fight to stay longer !

I have also emailed Alan Tudge.

Also Julian Hill has asked me to talk to the Sydney Morning Herald, I’m waiting for them to contact me. Surely if we keep the pressure on they will include parents in the concessions 🤞🏻

Edited by Bigtrev
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bigtrev said:

I have also emailed Alan Tudge.

Also Julian Hill has asked me to talk to the Sydney Morning Herald, I’m waiting for them to contact me. Surely if we keep the pressure on they will include parents in the concessions 🤞🏻

I have also emailed Alan Tudge, had to rein myself in though!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigtrev said:

The Minister who decides this is Alan.Tudge.MP@aph.gov.au  

Can I ask you all to email him to ask that parent visas are included.

Why should we be discriminated against?

All we want is to be with our families.

Am emailing this reporter also

https://www.9news.com.au/national/australian-partner-visas-government-to-make-temporary-changes-due-to-covid19/5159f43b-da12-4c4f-a779-b71e79eab19e?fbclid=IwAR3v3CVKK-Y8rAKj_RqDNJOF4Fxvv2Uy3SyMWHRUhLUs3atOVEwSxoYbznw

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@Kathss56 Here's the response from Julian Hill.

Thanks for your email

It's not possible procedurally to include it in this Bill, however that's the next issue I'm looking at this week.

Kind regards

Julian

Yes! 🤞🤞he is talking about  the bill re partners etc today so after he gathers more info he will do ours.
He needs lots more parents to email him though.

If you are on any other sites etc please promote this 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1