AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

57 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Status changes after the ceremony. Sometimes after passport printing. Approval doesn't reflect in IMMI account.

Ohhh This is ridiculous because there is  still small probability that the letter might be lost in the mail and we don't even know that It has been sent 

3 hours ago, Sheila said:

Status changes after the ceremony. Sometimes after passport printing. Approval doesn't reflect in IMMI account.

I received my passport early last week. Nothing updated in VEVO or Immi Account. VEVO still shows PR and Immi Account just says Citizenship application received with the last update on the day of alllication. This does mean if and letter is lost in the mail then the recipient won’t know. Rediculous situation. 

Abhishek, 

BREAKING NEWS: a win for multicultural Australia

I wanted you to know straight away, just moments ago, the Senate here in the Australian Parliament threw out the Government’s changes to Australia citizenship laws. 

That means they have said no to the university level English test. It means they have said no to the three year additional wait that was going to cause some people to wait more than ten years before they got to become Australian citizens. 

Because of the university English test, some people were going to live here their entire working lives and were never going to be able to become Australian citizens. 

So right now, we’ve just had the win that you’ve been campaigning for. 

I want to give you full credit, because let’s not pretend this was done by members of Parliament. 

This was done by an extraordinary community activism that you were part of and you made sure that you never wasted a conversation.

This will make a real difference to the lives of people who will become good Australian citizens. 

This will make a massive difference in people’s lives. 

And will guarantee that a whole lot of people who were never going to hear the words ‘Welcome home’ will now be able to make a pledge of commitment to Australia. 

Now the Government may well have another go at this. 

The Government may well come back and try again. 

So, if you are eligible for Australian citizenship under current law my advice is don't waste time. 

Get your application in under current law. Get your application in before the government tries to do this again. 

I was Minister for Citizenship for a time and when I was, I got to write the message that was read out of every citizenship ceremony and the message that I had finished with the words ‘Welcome home.’

We want to be able to say ‘welcome home’ to you. 

Those of you who are ready to become good Australian citizens, those of you who are ready to make your pledge of commitment to Australia. Get your applications in. Make the application go through the existing test. Make your pledge of commitment to this country and the Labor Party will be very, very proud to say back to you ‘welcome home’. 

No doubt the government will come back. 

There will be another attempt at this. 

But right now enjoy the victory, enjoy the moment and know your activism made this happen.

Congratulations. 

Tony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, abhvor87700 said:

Abhishek, 

BREAKING NEWS: a win for multicultural Australia

I wanted you to know straight away, just moments ago, the Senate here in the Australian Parliament threw out the Government’s changes to Australia citizenship laws. 

That means they have said no to the university level English test. It means they have said no to the three year additional wait that was going to cause some people to wait more than ten years before they got to become Australian citizens. 

Because of the university English test, some people were going to live here their entire working lives and were never going to be able to become Australian citizens. 

So right now, we’ve just had the win that you’ve been campaigning for. 

I want to give you full credit, because let’s not pretend this was done by members of Parliament. 

This was done by an extraordinary community activism that you were part of and you made sure that you never wasted a conversation.

This will make a real difference to the lives of people who will become good Australian citizens. 

This will make a massive difference in people’s lives. 

And will guarantee that a whole lot of people who were never going to hear the words ‘Welcome home’ will now be able to make a pledge of commitment to Australia. 

Now the Government may well have another go at this. 

The Government may well come back and try again. 

So, if you are eligible for Australian citizenship under current law my advice is don't waste time. 

Get your application in under current law. Get your application in before the government tries to do this again. 

I was Minister for Citizenship for a time and when I was, I got to write the message that was read out of every citizenship ceremony and the message that I had finished with the words ‘Welcome home.’

We want to be able to say ‘welcome home’ to you. 

Those of you who are ready to become good Australian citizens, those of you who are ready to make your pledge of commitment to Australia. Get your applications in. Make the application go through the existing test. Make your pledge of commitment to this country and the Labor Party will be very, very proud to say back to you ‘welcome home’. 

No doubt the government will come back. 

There will be another attempt at this. 

But right now enjoy the victory, enjoy the moment and know your activism made this happen.

Congratulations. 

Tony.

On reading some "dummy questions" and "dummy" being the operative word, the standard of English was shameful.

Yes this is a victory for the Labour party.. well done!

• Like 2

We applied (Sydney, NSW) sept 16, tests - November 2016, approvals gained - December 2016 (x2), Jan (x2), May (x1). We are a family of 5 and all applied on the same day and our approvals were all vastly different dates. We had our ceremonies in July 2017 and are now all Aussie citizens!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2017 at 15:40, Zet01 said:

We just applied last week (Friday), I wonder how long it will take for us to get even a test date.. :(

did you apply online or paper file . they start accept citizenship file online ?. please help me i am really confuse 

On 10/20/2017 at 15:40, Zet01 said:

We just applied last week (Friday), I wonder how long it will take for us to get even a test date.. :(

Yes,@kkumar, citizenship applications can be made online. We have been inundated with enquiries since the 18th. The trick is to make an application as soon as you are eligible making sure that your application is complete with all the necessary paperwork the way the department requires it to be. Any additional request for information or documentation will delay your process.

All the best!

MARN: 1685881

Anything posted in this forum is not migration advise, the information shared is general. To seek specific advice, PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, abhvor87700 said:

i will lodge today with my all document . thanks for information

Yes,@kkumar, citizenship applications can be made online. We have been inundated with enquiries since the 18th. The trick is to make an application as soon as you are eligible making sure that your application is complete with all the necessary paperwork the way the department requires it to be. Any additional request for information or documentation will delay your process.

All the best!

MARN: 1685881

Anything posted in this forum is not migration advise, the information shared is general. To seek specific advice, PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk