AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I think its a random selection currently some applicants are getting test invite in 7 months and some are still waiting more than 18 months but you can further look into CCPT (Citizenship Case Prioritization Tool) it is 26 criteria through which they determine person's identity this is first main process. It includes whether a Person is Refugee, Change of Name, Citizen of some country, and some other criteria.

On 25/10/2018 at 13:36, Afanso said:

Where is the end?

Applied in Mar 2017, tested in Jul 2017, and still waiting for approval. Emailed, called, complained, and there is no issue in FOI result... 

Feel so hopeless...

Same thing March 2017. I've noticed that there are a lot of people stuck from march 2017 +/-  1 month.

I do remember that there was a report by ombudsman that these cases are waiting and only 10 or 15 officers have approval to work on them. It was like around 25K cases on those 10-15 officers. But not sure exactly.

3 minutes ago, Sahara77 said:

Hi All

We applied for citizenship on the 4th Feb 18 and we are both sitting our test on 1st Nov 18 so nearly a 9 month wait.

Congrats Sahara. 

I hope you get the approval straight up. 

May I know which state you guys applied from? 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, bhagath said:

Congrats Sahara. 

I hope you get the approval straight up. 

May I know which state you guys applied from? 

Thanks 

Cheers Regional Victoria, however I think we got processed by the Brisbane office as when I changed my address in immi i received and email from this office requiring me to upload more documents.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Sahara77 said:

Cheers Regional Victoria, however I think we got processed by the Brisbane office as when I changed my address in immi i received and email from this office requiring me to upload more documents.

Cheers

Thanks. 

To get more picture, so, you moved from Regional VIC to QLD & received email from Brisbane office? 

The reason I was I asking more details is, I changed my address from one part of NSW to other part of Reg NSW.

Thanks 

On 25/10/2018 at 22:44, jimmy2621 said:

hi my friend, i applied Nov 2017 in brisbane. i didnt even have a computer test yet. so has to be very patient.

Sorry to hear that.

My wife received her approval today:

Applied: 22nd December 2017

Test: 22nd August 2018

Approval: 27 October 2018

Ceremony: TBC

• Like 1

Hi respected members, 

Sharing my timeline here. 

Applied: 26 Jan 2018

Acknowledgement Received: 26 Jan 2018

Application: Online

Test Date: 26th Oct 2018 (Exact 9 Months wait)

Test passed. Waiting for official approval letter now. 

Best of luck to everyone waiting. 

-Regards

-B

I received ceremony invite today for 19th November. Recap on timeline. Application submitted June 2017. Citizenship test approved 21st June 2018. Ceremony invite 5 months from Test approval.  17 months in total application to ceremony. good luck to all still waiting, I feel for you. Keep the faith. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rorz said:

I received ceremony invite today for 19th November. Recap on timeline. Application submitted June 2017. Citizenship test approved 21st June 2018. Ceremony invite 5 months from Test approval.  17 months in total application to ceremony. good luck to all still waiting, I feel for you. Keep the faith. 

Congratulations. 🎆🎆🎆

On 28/10/2018 at 10:27, grumpy88 said:

Any December 2017/January 2018 applicants from the sydney region still waiting for a test date.

my timeline:

Applied: 20 January 2018

I submitted 24dec 2017, got the test date for 29th November 2018. 

On 15/08/2018 at 09:19, european.lady said:

Hi All (have not been here for ages!)

• Applied 28 October 2017
  • Email received 23 May 2018
  • Test 12 June 2018 (asked to upload one more document; done within 5 days)
  • APPROVED 14 August 2018

Just received my invitation!

My big day is 20th of November 2018 ❤️

Edited by european.lady
missing quote with timeline
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, european.lady said:

Just received my invitation!

My big day is 20th of November 2018 ❤️

congratulations 🎆🎆🎆

16 hours ago, Animesh said:

Hi all, I've received my citizenship test date today, and it's 29.11.2018,, is there any way I can postpone that date to January 2019??? Please advise 

In your test email there should be instruction to change the test date if available. You should try to find the test date which suits you. The dates may open at anytime, so you need to keep an eye on that.

My timeline:

Applied: 29 of Nov 17

Received 29 of Nov 17

Email for test and interveiw: 12 Oct 18

Test and interview date: 6 Nov 18

i have the interveiw next week! I would like to know what I should take besides the originals of the documents attachs? How long it last the interview and what do they ask? I am so excited! thank you!