AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

8 minutes ago, imthedave said:

Ah ok thanks.

In Thailand, they don't reissue originals. The certified letter confirming birth details I mentioned above is as good as it gets as a 'new original'. Basically it confirms all the details of the birth certificate and is formalised by the Government. Hopefully that will be OK because we have everything else.

I think in that case you will be OK but im not 100% sure, the case officers know which countries provide what and how hard it can be to get further documentation like you have mentioned so you may have no issue at all, its strange because its not required to have an original for PR application but then they ask for citizenship. 

53 minutes ago, imthedave said:

Original birth certificate missing....

Just slowly starting to gather all paperwork ready for our citizenship submission early next year but have a slight issue with my wifes birth certificate.

She's from Thailand and her original went missing years ago. When going for our PR, we thought we needed it and literally spend 5 days going through hundreds of paper records at the local Amphur Office (district council office) unsuccessfully looking for a copy. What's happened is she grew up in Hong Kong and has HK permanent residency too. When she was a child, her mum couldn't find the original for her HK residency so took the only original carbonated copy from the Thai Amphur, took a photocopy of it and then lost the original copy (!!)

What we have is:

A photocopy of the 'original' carbon copy

A photocopy of a certified English translation that was used for her HK residency.

An original letter in Thai, formally translated in English, all certified and sealed by the Thai Ministry of Consular Affairs that confirms her identity, national ID number, date of birth, place of birth, mother and fathers name. Apparently it's very common in Thailand not to have a birth certificate if you're over a certain age and this original document is formalised for purposes of passports and things. 

She also obviously has her original national ID card (which is linked to the numbers on the birth certificates), passport (plus all old ones), marriage certificate, name change certificate (through marriage). Also Australian driving licence, Hong Kong permanent residency ID and we have all our PR details, plus mortgage, land/house ownership details etc.

All of the above was fine for our PR grant.

The citizenship application form says that when it comes to the appointment, all original documents must be provided.

Are we really stuck without the original birth certificate or would you think the original consular letter was OK?

The copies of the original carbon copy and certified English translation are good quality and I have some close long term friends here in qualified positions that could sign them to say certified copies of originals here but no sure if that's pushing it a bit.

There must be other people that have found themselves in this situation, for example, if originals are lost in a fire or flood so any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks a lot ?

Even i dont have birth certificate  instead i took my school leaving certificate for DOB proof and they accepted. Me and my husband both have given school leaving certificate. I hope it will be ok for you.

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife applied for citizenship in February 2018. Here is my timeline.

Date Applied : 08 Feb 2018

Online/Paper : online

Date received acknowledgement : 08 Feb 2018

Council: Cumberland Council, NSW

Test appointment received : Waiting

Citizenship Test : Waiting

Date of Approval : Waiting

Ceremony Invitation : Waiting

Date of Ceremony : Waiting

Hello All, So finally we have got the news for our Test date: 31st Oct 2018.

Applied on Nov 18, Wyndham Council, Melbourne and Online application

Test email received: 21 Aug 2018

So they have asked for below original document to your appointment date.

image.png.cdb7cc0d02259429795bcf4483457036.png

So, If we don't have a birth certificate ( Me and my partner ).. what should we do?

As I remember, we didn't submit during our PR process.

Normally, the above details can be fetched thru a passport or High School Certificate.

19 minutes ago, Kavinam said:

So, If we don't have a birth certificate ( Me and my partner ).. what should we do?

Normally, the above details can be fetched thru a passport or High School Certificate.

I was in the same situation  but i took s.s.c certificate  as DOB proof and for parents details she took Marriage certificate 

Edited by ahad12

I have appeard for the exam last week, waiting for the approval. The caseofficer  took only few documents, medicare, s.s.c certificate, rental contract and old and new passport, drivers lisence and marriage certificate. I applied through agent and he school leaving certificate is enough for birth proof.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:05, Deepak Sharma said:

Thanks Mate for your response !!

I'm on TB pills from Jan 2018, every month I visit doctor for follow up.  Doctor told me that treatment will go up to 12 months, 8 months has been passed now. 

Doctor will do my x rays after 12 months. 

Question :

-  Can I ask doctor to do my x ray and if everything comes normal send report to Govt so my visa can be processed?

Or 

DO not ask anything to doctor, just wait for treatment to be completed and then ask to send report to Govt? 

Dear Deepak,

I will suggest you should wait for 12 month and complete full cycle of TB pills.

After completion of medicine cycle doctor will do X ray .  X ray will have a sign of old TB because TB leave permanent black spot on your lungs but will be fine. 100% report will be fine because in general TB patient need 3 to 6 months treatment but 12 month is best. Doctor will issue a medical report of GOVT and a copy you will get by post which will be useful if you apply long term visa for US,UK or Canada to prove you undergone TB treatment.

I knew waiting for application approval is lingering but 100% successful rate after full treatment.  So don't worry and continue your treatment.    

8 hours ago, Kavinam said:

The letter is generic. Take the originals of the documents you supplied in the application. 

@rammygirl

so we don't need to get Birth certificate?

We have confirmed with our family friends who got their citizenship.. they did also mention that they have shown their passport along with other documents ( Except birth certificate )

as passport carries all the details.. Name, Gender, Mother and Fathers name, DOB, Husband name ( If married )

Since you have mentioned this is a generic email from the department and I also agreed.... but this is so confusing... I mean at the time of filing our PR .. we have never submitted any Birth certificate as Passport is the most relevant document to prove your identity along with other details.

Two questions...

1. Are the practice citizenship tests on http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com still current and actually representative of the actual test you sit (subject to any future Government changes...)

2. When we submit our application, there is myself, my wife and 14 year old daughter (wifes natural daughter, my daughter through marriage). Looking at the forms, do my wife and I submit one application each, totally separately? I guess our daughter could be included on either one then. Just seems a bit strange that I can't see any way to link the two applications.

Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, imthedave said:

Two questions...

1. Are the practice citizenship tests on http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com still current and actually representative of the actual test you sit (subject to any future Government changes...)

2. When we submit our application, there is myself, my wife and 14 year old daughter (wifes natural daughter, my daughter through marriage). Looking at the forms, do my wife and I submit one application each, totally separately? I guess our daughter could be included on either one then. Just seems a bit strange that I can't see any way to link the two applications.

Thanks a lot!

Yes test is currently based on the testable section of the document, the test questions you refer to are representative. There are other practice tests on the web, many contain questions that are not covered in the document and are harder than the actual test. 

You both submit your own application children under 16 will be included on both forms I think as the questions ask about children. 

You can link your forms, there is a question asking if you wish to do this, you will need the application numbers so do both applications then complete this before submission. 

It will make sense when you do the form, which is long and repetitive!  

On 22/08/2018 at 09:52, Kavinam said:

@rammygirl

so we don't need to get Birth certificate?

We have confirmed with our family friends who got their citizenship.. they did also mention that they have shown their passport along with other documents ( Except birth certificate )

as passport carries all the details.. Name, Gender, Mother and Fathers name, DOB, Husband name ( If married )

Since you have mentioned this is a generic email from the department and I also agreed.... but this is so confusing... I mean at the time of filing our PR .. we have never submitted any Birth certificate as Passport is the most relevant document to prove your identity along with other details.

No if you didn’t use a birth certificate for the application you don’t need to take one. Take the documents you provided attached to the application. 

4 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Yes test is currently based on the testable section of the document, the test questions you refer to are representative. There are other practice tests on the web, many contain questions that are not covered in the document and are harder than the actual test. 

You both submit your own application children under 16 will be included on both forms I think as the questions ask about children. 

You can link your forms, there is a question asking if you wish to do this, you will need the application numbers so do both applications then complete this before submission. 

It will make sense when you do the form, which is long and repetitive!  

That's perfect and totally clear. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Counting the days down until we can apply! ?

• Like 1

Just updated, through the worst ? back to the waiting ?

Citizenship Timeline

Date applied - 15 NOV 2017

City/Council area - Cockburn, WA

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 15 NOV 2017

Date of the Citizenship Test - 24 AUGUST 2018

Approval - waiting (son got his though within hours)

Date of ceremony - 

Type of ceremony - 

On 21/08/2018 at 15:23, ahad12 said:

I was in the same situation  but i took s.s.c certificate  as DOB proof and for parents details she took Marriage certificate 

I have received approval  letter yesterday but still waiting for my husband's  approval letter. He appeared on 16th aug. Any  idea if we have driver's lisence will it  be delayed . 

On 24/08/2018 at 15:37, robswife said:

Just updated, through the worst ? back to the waiting ?

Citizenship Timeline

Date applied - 15 NOV 2017

City/Council area - Cockburn, WA

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 15 NOV 2017

Date of the Citizenship Test - 24 AUGUST 2018

Approval - waiting (son got his though within hours)

Date of ceremony - 

Type of ceremony - 

Congratulations. Did he received approval  letter.

Edited by ahad12

Hello !

Here is my timeline.. Long long waiting ??

Date applied: 18 April 2017

City: Melbourne, Victoria

Online/Paper: Online

Date recieved acknowledgement Email: 18 April 2017

Date of Citizenship test: 13 July 2017

Date of Approval: Waiting

Ceremony Invitation: Waiting

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ana hassan said:

Hello !

Here is my timeline.. Long long waiting ??

Date applied: 18 April 2017

City: Melbourne, Victoria

Online/Paper: Online

Date recieved acknowledgement Email: 18 April 2017

Date of Citizenship test: 13 July 2017

Date of Approval: Waiting

Ceremony Invitation: Waiting

Hey Ana,

I'm also Melbournian. Applied: 16 Apr 2017 and passed 22 Jun 2017 then still waiting~~

• Like 1

Wow. So long for approval. Have you followed up at all?  Unless there are issues with police checks I can’t understand why. Unless it has been lost in the system or someone just forgot to approve, or a computer glitch. 

Dont understand this at all our approval was immediate as was our sons a few months earlier, why it should take over a year makes no sense.