Immigration2Oz Evidence Checking session

KittyGibbo

Hi all

I hope you are well!

I had a great chat with Warwick from Immigration2Oz the other day and am looking to book their Evidence Checking session which is £360. 

I wonder has anyone had this session before and what evidence did you have to provide and did you find it good? 

Thanks!

Kitty

They are registered yes - http://www.australianmigrationexperts.co.uk/Immigration-2oz-Australian-Migration-Experts/8/ and have been used by lots of people. Their statement of this session is: Our Registered Migration Agents will check the standard of your supporting evidence & provide advice. 1 hour documents check (beforehand), plus 1 hour appointment.

4 minutes ago, KittyGibbo said:

They are registered yes - http://www.australianmigrationexperts.co.uk/Immigration-2oz-Australian-Migration-Experts/8/ and have been used by lots of people. Their statement of this session is: Our Registered Migration Agents will check the standard of your supporting evidence & provide advice. 1 hour documents check (beforehand), plus 1 hour appointment.

AFAIK it’s not what other reputable agents charge for

I’m reading this to mean you are applying for the visa yourself and are merely booking a $360 (pounds!) evidence checking session to assist you, I would assume if you were actually using a registered migration agent to apply for the visa on your behalf then evidence checking would be part and parcel of the not inexpensive fee you will be charged... for me the agent would be firstly assessing your chances of a visa before you part with a lot of money (although I appreciate there is never a guarantee of a visa) and advising you accordingly,  requesting the appropriate documentation from you (and obviously checking it on receipt), completing all of the paperwork they can for you and then submitting on your behalf? This is what happened with us, although the company paid for everything so I cannot categorically state there wasn’t an evidence checking fee but it doesn’t make sense as evidence checking tends to be a big factor in deciding to go with a migration agent in the first place.... just my thoughts.

16 minutes ago, Phoenix16 said:

I’m reading this to mean you are applying for the visa yourself and are merely booking a $360 (pounds!) evidence checking session to assist you, I would assume if you were actually using a registered migration agent to apply for the visa on your behalf then evidence checking would be part and parcel of the not inexpensive fee you will be charged... for me the agent would be firstly assessing your chances of a visa before you part with a lot of money (although I appreciate there is never a guarantee of a visa) and advising you accordingly,  requesting the appropriate documentation from you (and obviously checking it on receipt), completing all of the paperwork they can for you and then submitting on your behalf? This is what happened with us, although the company paid for everything so I cannot categorically state there wasn’t an evidence checking fee but it doesn’t make sense as evidence checking tends to be a big factor in deciding to go with a migration agent in the first place.... just my thoughts.

Thanks Phoenix - the evidence checking session is a way for them to confirm what my chances are to apply for a visa - that is my understanding and something which makes more sense than not getting your chances assessed after paying $1,000s of pounds in fees - I would rather part with £360 and then go into it knowing I have a chance... they seem  a very well known company from what I have read

• Like 1

That makes sense! I’m assuming they think there is a possibility of you being eligible for a visa after an initial understanding of basics of visa eligibility for your particular circumstances,  so a deeper evidence checking session is worth the $360 (pounds!) before you go further into the process and spend lots more money.  That does make sense to me and seems pretty reasonable in my opinion (but I’m no expert I have to add!), all the best to you, I hope the session goes the way you hope and you’re on the way to your visa xxxx

Edited by Phoenix16
Typos
  • Like 1

I think there are a lot of agents who will give a free consult to see if you are eligible to start applying for the visa/skills assessments based on a quick chat.  What evidence is your agent actually checking if you haven't started the process?  

5 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

The cost comes off their fees if they believe you stand any chance of getting a visa. 

All very well, but other agents give you a free consult first, to let you know if you have any chance of getting a visa.  This seems like a back-door way of charging you for what should be a free consult.

I’m also using  Immigration2oz and they went through my history with a fine tooth to ensure that everything meets the standards required.

It didn’t raise any red flags with me and so far I’m happy with the service. Migration agents who I contacted who were recommended on here still haven’t got back to me.

go with your gut, if it doesn’t seem right don’t go with them but if you feel more secure paying for a detailed check then your mind is already made up.

good luck with whatever choice you make 

Edited by Jen3103
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jen3103 said:

I’m also using  Immigration2oz and they went through my history with a fine tooth to ensure that everything meets the standards required.

It didn’t raise any red flags with me and so far I’m happy with the service. Migration agents who I contacted who were recommended on here still haven’t got back to me.

go with your gut, if it doesn’t seem right don’t go with them but if you feel more secure paying for a detailed check then your mind is already made up.

good luck with whatever choice you make 

Hey! Yes I have decided to pay the £360 as I want to be sure that I can get the visa. A guess is not good enough before signing away £1,000s plus. How far down the line are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping they look at my evidence and say yes let's start the process say from May onwards xxx

• Like 1

I had the initial consultation back in November and I completed the PTE three times before I committed to the next stage     with them. I wanted superior and was advised (gently but heavily by them) that I needed superior English to secure the best chance of being successful with 189 visa. 

They have asked for heaps of information from me and I’ve sent it all their way - references, personal statements from me and my partner about our relationship plus 2 more statements from friends/family, every single pay slip since qualifying as a nurse, my P60s, ANNAC skills assessment, AHPRA letters and evidence that proves me and my partner are together for genuine reasons (mortgage document, joint bank accounts, life insurance, photographs showing the years together) 

They submitted my EOI 2 weeks ago for 189 with 75 points for menta health nurse, when I called them last week with a concern they were absolutely fantastic.