Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

1 hour ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum, i would like to ask my wife is planning to start nursing studies.

I don't know this about nursing.

Can you please guide me, what are the courses durations and fees, and which will be best course for her, she did master in business administration earlier but wants to change her career here.

And later on, we're planning to apply 190, we're on 457 visa but haven't got my residency yet.

So what are the best options for us.

We live in NSW.

Thanks in advance.

She is best to apply for the registered nurse degree.  I think as you're on a temporary visa you would have to pay international fees which can be expensive.  It may be worth her waiting until you get residency when the fees will be cheaper - unless you're thinking of then using her qualifications for the 190.  

7 minutes ago, ali said:

She is best to apply for the registered nurse degree.  I think as you're on a temporary visa you would have to pay international fees which can be expensive.  It may be worth her waiting until you get residency when the fees will be cheaper - unless you're thinking of then using her qualifications for the 190.  

Can she do 6 months diploma in nursing then apply 190 visa?

3 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

Can she do 6 months diploma in nursing then apply 190 visa?

You need to be degree trained in order to pass the skills assessment for a visa.  The Diploma of Nursing gains the qualification of Enrolled Nurse - this is not enough to get a visa.

1 hour ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum, i would like to ask my wife is planning to start nursing studies.

Can you please guide me, what are the courses durations and fees, and which will be best course for her, she did master in business administration earlier but wants to change her career here.

And later on, we're planning to apply 190, we're on 457 visa but haven't got my residency yet.

We live in NSW.

Thanks in advance.

Heya, 

Nursing studies... Probably bachelor of nursing? It's a usual 3 year study at any uni, expensive. After graduating she'd need to have a grad year and after can work as a RN. So it'd require a lot of time, money and work. Hope you don't want to count on this for your 190? 

2 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Do you mean she will do the nursing qualification so she can apply for the 190?   She will have to do a full nursing degree, plus work experience.   That will take several years and your 457 will be expired.  

23 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

Are the 491 and 190 Visas has been temporary closed for all states?

Applications for this financial year can't be processed yet because the Federal Government hasn't confirmed the changes to the Skilled Lists yet (normally that's done by July).   The list is being reviewed in light of the rise in unemployment following Covid.    There's no indication when the review will be complete, some are suggesting October.

9 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Applications for this financial year can't be processed yet because the Federal Government hasn't confirmed the changes to the Skilled Lists yet (normally that's done by July).   The list is being reviewed in light of the rise in unemployment following Covid.    There's no indication when the review will be complete, some are suggesting October.

So, at this stage no one can apply nomination for 491 and 190 visa for all states?

On 05/07/2020 at 09:05, Marisawright said:

All are closed

How about those who have lodged Visa 190 applications in May/June? 

The status is still “received”.  Does Home Affairs department continues to process the Visa 190 applications for offshore candidates? 

On 12/07/2020 at 00:13, poopoo said:

How about those who have lodged Visa 190 applications in May/June? 

The status is still “received”.  Does Home Affairs department continues to process the Visa 190 applications for offshore candidates? 

Closing of GSM doesn't affect already lodged 189/190 Visa applications. However, the processing time will be long for offshore applicants owing to Covid. I lodged my 190-VIC application (offshore) in March, 2020. No updates yet.
However, a Philippine nurse reported her QLD 190 (offshore) grant few days back, she lodged her application in Dec, 2019. So that means DHA is still processing offshore applications but grants can be delayed.