Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

5 hours ago, Edith li said:

Hello Martina,

I'm currently awaiting for my anmac assessment which I'm applying for surgical, may I know much does anmac actually recognise oversea experience, do they only count in those since after a bachelor degree or they also include those when I have only diploma ? kinda worried about it as it matters so much to EOI sore...

also does surgical RN has more priority in getting a EOI invitation? I haven't decide which visa to go for yet at this stage.. 

Hi Edith, 

The experience counts from the day you got registered in your country onwards. For example, I was working and studying my diploma at the same time. After graduation, I had to wait for another 4 months to get my registration (while working as an RN) because of bureaucracy. Anmac counted my experience from the day I officially got registered. That's why I lost a few weeks to claim points for my experience - it sucks really. 

I don't know whether surgical RNs get priority but probably not. It really depends on the shortages I'd say. 

On 15/10/2019 at 20:41, Martina said:

Hi Edith, 

The experience counts from the day you got registered in your country onwards. For example, I was working and studying my diploma at the same time. After graduation, I had to wait for another 4 months to get my registration (while working as an RN) because of bureaucracy. Anmac counted my experience from the day I officially got registered. That's why I lost a few weeks to claim points for my experience - it sucks really. 

I don't know whether surgical RNs get priority but probably not. It really depends on the shortages I'd say. 

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your reply:)

May I ask you something about ANMAC process as well?

I’m applying modified PLUS skill assessment, do I need to submit/upload the letter of approval in principal to anywhere? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/06/2019 at 04:10, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

I'm not a professional who can judge if it's all good. I've given you all the info you needed and I'm sure if you do your best it will be sufficient 😊

Best of luck x

Hi Martina,

Are you still waiting for your visa to be approved?

I received a positive skill assessment from ANMAC ,( ANZSCO code Medical). I wanted to ask you if the Department of Home Affairs requires proof of work experience if one is not claiming points for the same? And if they do require proof, are reference letters enough or they ask for more documents like tax returns, pay slips...?

Thanks,

Kate

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hi Martina,

Are you still waiting for your visa to be approved?

I received a positive skill assessment from ANMAC ,( ANZSCO code Medical). I wanted to ask you if the Department of Home Affairs requires proof of work experience if one is not claiming points for the same? And if they do require proof, are reference letters enough or they ask for more documents like tax returns, pay slips...?

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate, 

Yes still waiting, currently sitting at 163 days with no contact what so ever. 

I didn't claim points for work experience but Victoria requires two years so I've put down anything I could to support that. Mostly payslips, tax returns, work agreement anything I could. 

When going through the application, you'll actually find that there is a list of documents you'll need to upload, work related stuff too. I was confused why I have it there when not claiming work experience (and some people here in the same situation didn't put anything there) but still uploaded. 

Good luck to you and congratulations on your anmac assessment!

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for helping me. Friday is always a blessed day for me and I am so happy today to announce that we got our 190 visa granted. Here is my timeline:

EOI Submitted on 06/07/19

Got invitation or nomination 23/07/19

Visa lodged on 16/08/19

Medical and police check uploaded in between 22-27/09/19

No CO contacted

Visa grant on 8/11/19

Point 60+5

State: Tasmania

• Congratulations 2

On 10/11/2019 at 06:00, Modasser Hossain said:

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for helping me. Friday is always a blessed day for me and I am so happy today to announce that we got our 190 visa granted. Here is my timeline:

EOI Submitted on 06/07/19

Got invitation or nomination 23/07/19

Visa lodged on 16/08/19

Medical and police check uploaded in between 22-27/09/19

No CO contacted

Visa grant on 8/11/19

Point 60+5

State: Tasmania

hello,

congrats on the visa grant!!!

I do have one question regarding the average registered nurse salary in  Tasmania. Is it hard to meet the minimum income requirement of 53, 900?

thank you and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Japsanjh said:

Hi mate, I have done bsc nursing from oversea in 2011, but I got my registration this year, after bsc I have 3 yrs of experience, my ques is this can I eligible for vic 190 as my experience is without registration..? 

As far as I know, for Victoria you need to have at least two years of experience working as a registered nurse overseas. 

Hi Hussain, I worked worked full time ie 48 hours a week, but someone told me that I can’t claim for 5 points as my experience is without bsc registration, I have done my degree in 2011, but I have got my bsc registration this year, so I am eligible to claim 5 points & I am not eligible to apply for vic 190 visa as my experience is before getting the bsc registration..plz do reply me if you exactly know how ANMC assess our experience as it’s really annoying to lose 5 points for PR.

16 minutes ago, Japsanjh said:

Hi Hussain, I worked worked full time ie 48 hours a week, but someone told me that I can’t claim for 5 points as my experience is without bsc registration, I have done my degree in 2011, but I have got my bsc registration this year, so I am eligible to claim 5 points & I am not eligible to apply for vic 190 visa as my experience is before getting the bsc registration..plz do reply me if you exactly know how ANMC assess our experience as it’s really annoying to lose 5 points for PR.

Anmac counts your experience from the date of your nursing registration not from the date you got your degree. I know it sucks, I had 5+ years of experience but couldn't even claim 3 years as I was one week short according to anmac. 

1 hour ago, Japsanjh said:

😢😢 even I am not eligible to apply for vic 190..? Then in which state I can apply for 190 without any experience..? Do you have any idea, what is the best option for me now as I have only 60 points at present..?

With no experience only NSW I think. You'll need to boost your score in order to get invited for 190. I had 65+5 and hadn't heard anything from NSW for 9 months until I deleted my EOI. Also look into the new 491 regional visa. 

3 hours ago, Japsanjh said:

Thanks for replying me Martina, could anyone plz tell me the requirements of Tasmania for 190 visa, but currently I am in NSW, I have 60 points at present.

You'll need to find this information online on official websites. Tasmania has pretty specific requirements. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

Just a question, for 190 visa, do you get the job after the nomination from a state or territory or do you need to find one on your own once you get the invitation and nomination? I’m really confused. Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

8 minutes ago, Nej said:

Just a question, for 190 visa, do you get the job after the nomination from a state or territory or do you need to find one on your own once you get the invitation and nomination? I’m really confused. Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

You need to have your visa granted before you can start looking for a job.   You also need your APHRA registration.   It is almost impossible to find an employer who will offer you a nursing job before you arrive in Australia.  

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks for the response Marisawright. It’s not possible to apply to the state where you got the invitation then while waiting for the visa to be granted, am I right? Also, how does the state nomination work, does the state nominate you after you get the invitation? 

2 minutes ago, Nej said:

Thanks for the response Marisawright. It’s not possible to apply to the state where you got the invitation then while waiting for the visa to be granted, am I right? Also, how does the state nomination work, does the state nominate you after you get the invitation? 

I am not sure what you mean.  The state cannot give you a job.  

I am currently onshore and my plan is to apply for a job to the state where I will get the invitation while waiting for my visa to be granted. But as you’ve said, I need to have a visa granted first before I can start looking for a job so I thought that it is not possible for me to look for a job then if I haven’t received a 190 visa grant yet. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing. I haven’t submitted any eoi yet but I’m just planning ahead.

1 hour ago, Nej said:

I am currently onshore and my plan is to apply for a job to the state where I will get the invitation while waiting for my visa to be granted. But as you’ve said, I need to have a visa granted first before I can start looking for a job so I thought that it is not possible for me to look for a job then if I haven’t received a 190 visa grant yet. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing. I haven’t submitted any eoi yet but I’m just planning ahead.

The trouble is that the processing time for a 190 is very uncertain. Very few employers will hire you if you say, "I've applied for a visa, but I can't tell you when I will be able to start work.  It might be next month or it might be in six months' time" - and that's the situation you'll be in.