Desperate to allow this visa to process

Vitz

Hi guys, 

I applied for my direct stream PR visa 186 in 2 Feb 2018 as a copywriter. From the United States. Previous to this I was sponsored as a copywriter for 4 years on a 457. 

It has now been 12.5 months since my application and I have heard nothing. 

Now my sponsor is closing up shop with his marketing business, and taking everyone off the books, essentially making my position redundant. 

I am absolutely panicking here. I have been in this country for 6 years... I am inches away from receiving this visa and now the rug is being completely pulled from underneath me. I have no other way of reapplying for PR, as my occupation or any occupation relevant to me has been taken off the occupations list last March 2018. 

If this application gets withdrawn, not only do I lose 10K+ that I spent on this application, I have no other path to permanent residency, and will have to apply for a student visa or some other bullshit like that. 

I'm wondering - does anyone know the time frame in which the sponsor or myself have to notify the department of a change in circumstances?

Is it possible if I simply get him to keep quiet for a month or two, without any major risks or consequences?

If my sponsor emails the department tomorrow, and my application gets withdrawn, how many days do I have left in the country to either pack my bags or find another visa?

Please HELP! 

Thank you. 

(Happy to add this info to spreadsheet, just don't know how because I'm new here.)

1 hour ago, Vitz said:

Is it possible if I simply get him to keep quiet for a month or two, without any major risks or consequences?

I don't think it's wise to try to defraud immigration as there will certainly consequences.  I would seek the advice of a profession registered migration agent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vitz said:

Hi guys, 

I applied for my direct stream PR visa 186 in 2 Feb 2018 as a copywriter. From the United States. Previous to this I was sponsored as a copywriter for 4 years on a 457. 

Now my sponsor is closing up shop with his marketing business, and taking everyone off the books, essentially making my position redundant. 

I am absolutely panicking here. I have been in this country for 6 years... I am inches away from receiving this visa and now the rug is being completely pulled from underneath me. I have no other way of reapplying for PR, as my occupation or any occupation relevant to me has been taken off the occupations list last March 2018. 

If this application gets withdrawn, not only do I lose 10K+ that I spent on this application, I have no other path to permanent residency, and will have to apply for a student visa or some other bullshit like that. 

I'm wondering - does anyone know the time frame in which the sponsor or myself have to notify the department of a change in circumstances?

If my sponsor emails the department tomorrow, and my application gets withdrawn, how many days do I have left in the country to either pack my bags or find another visa?

Please HELP! 

Thank you. 

(Happy to add this info to spreadsheet, just don't know how because I'm new here.)

I would suggest the first thing to do is to discuss with your employer the implications for you and appeal to his better nature.  Perhaps you can work out a way to keep on working in lieu of a severance payment?

• Like 1

I feel so sorry that you are in this position, I simply cannot imagine and you have my bestest wishes, is it worth having a chat with your employer so they fully understand the predicament you are in? Do you have any idea how far away your visa is from potential completion? 

Your case really does highlight the pitfalls of a 457 visa these days.  Despite that, I hope you get constructive replies that are helpful rather than the boring ‘told ya so’ rubbish that some of the more bitter members seem to love to roll out, my bestest wishes to you and I hope it all works out for you xxx

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vitz said:

I applied for my direct stream PR visa 186 in 2 Feb 2018 as a copywriter...

I am absolutely panicking here..... I am inches away from receiving this visa and now the rug is being completely pulled from underneath me. I have no other way of reapplying for PR, 

Get yourself to a good migration agent, right now. Don't delay.   You need expert advice, not amateur advice on a forum.

Sadly, your experience is very, very common,  It's why we're always telling people to regard the 457 (and the new TSS) as temporary visas, and expect to go home at the end. The "transition" to PR has never been easy, though employers/the government painted it as such to lure in applicants.  Legally, the employer is under no obligation to do anything for you.  I'm not saying that in an "I told you so" spirit, only to forewarn you that you should prepare yourself for the reality that you may have left it too late.  I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1