AGE LIMIT

Aussiebird

Not as far as I am aware, but I have read that there are going to be changes to the partner visa in that the sponsor has to seek approval first before applying.  I thought your husband was going to apply for a RRV as he already has PR.

I think he is talking about a minimum age limit, which I assume your husband exceeds..

Of course!. But what if someone who was legally married at 14 was refused a visa and claimed that X told me there was no age limit. Not a problem, unless X happened to be a RMA,

• Like 2

Just a question that crossed my mind - your husband already has a valid partner visa (just the travel portion has expired).  Can he apply for a 2nd partner visa (involving the same partner as the first time), whilst he still has a valid one?

ETA - RMA's have suggested that the first action should be to try to get an RRV - they're the professionals.  It would I think be best to explore this avenue first.  If you're not ready to apply for anything for a few years - then the rules might have changed (again) as they're changing now.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2019 at 22:03, ali said:

Just a question that crossed my mind - your husband already has a valid partner visa (just the travel portion has expired).  Can he apply for a 2nd partner visa (involving the same partner as the first time), whilst he still has a valid one?

ETA - RMA's have suggested that the first action should be to try to get an RRV - they're the professionals.  It would I think be best to explore this avenue first.  If you're not ready to apply for anything for a few years - then the rules might have changed (again) as they're changing now.

Hi Ali,

Yes i have thought about this too. So if he applied for another partner visa, he would have 2 visas on the go? 

Depending on when we go, he may only be given a 3 month RRV as we have been back in UK now for 5 years this May. We want to sell up too so have been thinking about renting our house out if he only gets a 3 month RRV, making the move and stay with my brother until we get jobs etc...then sell our UK home so we can buy our first Australian home. The thought of trying to sell up in a 3 month period is a bit tricky and with no jobs to go to in Oz is very frightening. We dont want to lose everything otherwise it would be a disaster. 

Anyone else be in this position?

Thank you. Xx

12 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Yes i have thought about this too. So if he applied for another partner visa, he would have 2 visas on the go? 

No - because the previous partner visa has expired. That is why he needs a new visa to return. He can apply for any visa he is eligible for, and, as a former permanent resident, this includes an RRV.