You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Aussiebird

AGE LIMIT

Not as far as I am aware, but I have read that there are going to be changes to the partner visa in that the sponsor has to seek approval first before applying.  I thought your husband was going to apply for a RRV as he already has PR.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Because we are not sure yet when we actually go, he may not get a RRV as time will be passing. It may not be for a few years yet hence querying another partner visa. 

If you’re looking a few years into the future then who knows what the partner visa rules might be by then

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Not absolutely sure about the Partners visa topic,but you will not get PR if over 50 on a 457 visa.

20 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Is there an age limit on partner visas?

Many thanks.

No there isn’t, but as has already been mentioned a number of times, if he is a former PR with an Aussie partner, an RRV is the first port of call. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

30 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

What is the age please wrussell?

Thank you.

I think he is talking about a minimum age limit, which I assume your husband exceeds...... 

I think he is talking about a minimum age limit, which I assume your husband exceeds..

Of course!. But what if someone who was legally married at 14 was refused a visa and claimed that X told me there was no age limit. Not a problem, unless X happened to be a RMA,

• Like 2

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Just a question that crossed my mind - your husband already has a valid partner visa (just the travel portion has expired).  Can he apply for a 2nd partner visa (involving the same partner as the first time), whilst he still has a valid one?

ETA - RMA's have suggested that the first action should be to try to get an RRV - they're the professionals.  It would I think be best to explore this avenue first.  If you're not ready to apply for anything for a few years - then the rules might have changed (again) as they're changing now.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 05/02/2019 at 22:03, ali said:

Just a question that crossed my mind - your husband already has a valid partner visa (just the travel portion has expired).  Can he apply for a 2nd partner visa (involving the same partner as the first time), whilst he still has a valid one?

ETA - RMA's have suggested that the first action should be to try to get an RRV - they're the professionals.  It would I think be best to explore this avenue first.  If you're not ready to apply for anything for a few years - then the rules might have changed (again) as they're changing now.

Hi Ali,

Yes i have thought about this too. So if he applied for another partner visa, he would have 2 visas on the go? 

Depending on when we go, he may only be given a 3 month RRV as we have been back in UK now for 5 years this May. We want to sell up too so have been thinking about renting our house out if he only gets a 3 month RRV, making the move and stay with my brother until we get jobs etc...then sell our UK home so we can buy our first Australian home. The thought of trying to sell up in a 3 month period is a bit tricky and with no jobs to go to in Oz is very frightening. We dont want to lose everything otherwise it would be a disaster. 

Anyone else be in this position?

Thank you. Xx

You may need to pay for professional advice - I don't know if it's possible to apply for a visa you already hold (with the same partner).

12 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Yes i have thought about this too. So if he applied for another partner visa, he would have 2 visas on the go? 

No - because the previous partner visa has expired. That is why he needs a new visa to return. He can apply for any visa he is eligible for, and, as a former permanent resident, this includes an RRV. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

On 05/02/2019 at 12:48, the gardener said:

Not absolutely sure about the Partners visa topic,but you will not get PR if over 50 on a 457 visa.

He had a partner visa 309/100..