Where to start? Perth and Perth living.

Jamieliverpool

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 12:33, Toots said:

When Marisa replied to your post she was referring to Northbridge not too far north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  It is a lovely leafy suburb.  Your Perth Northbridge seems to be more of a city nightspot.  🙂

OK. That explains it then. Different Northbridge. Didn't know Sydney had one ☺

• 4 weeks later...

I only just read this I’m not the best at these forums. I think Iknow your girlfriend, is she called Emma? I think she taught me in my level 2 and I worked with her sister for years! Unless it’s just a coincidence but I’m sure she left Toni & guy academy to go to wella. If it is it really is a small world!! 

Just now, ashjames10 said:

I only just read this I’m not the best at these forums. I think Iknow your girlfriend, is she called Emma? I think she taught me in my level 2 and I worked with her sister for years! Unless it’s just a coincidence but I’m sure she left Toni & guy academy to go to wella. If it is it really is a small world!! 

On 05/02/2019 at 18:17, Jamieliverpool said:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

ash we are just down the road from you then . My misses was a teacher for Toni and guy An now works for wella so we are hoping for a teaching job over there for her. These are hard to come by both in the uk and Oz it seems but we ll see. Good luck with your move. Thanks for the recommendation of the emigration group we’ve contacted them and got the ball rolling. 

Captian_tor - “I have friends with uni degrees and some who are experienced professionals who are working in entry level call centres and general admin jobs. Lots of number fudging going on to make it look like the employment levels are good when in fact, as you mention, there's so many zero hour contracts with people getting next to no hours each week or 20 hours split over 5 days resulting in additional outlay costs such a travel/parking expensesjust to go to work... which makes it a pointless task. “ 

this has absolutely hit the nail on the head of the point I’m trying to make. I was surprised that some people seemed to think the UK is in good shape. It really isn’t. I know a lot of people in the same situation as you have described. We both have decent jobs but like I said in an earlier post if I was to be laid off or anything like that we would be in serious trouble. The work just isn’t there. I’m not trying to point score or be political I’m just being honest in the way I see the situation here . 

Tab- yeah I totally agree and it’s for similar reasons we have decided enough is enough. My misses works in Manchester so she knows exactly about the m62 traffic! Sounds like you and your family are having a fantastic time and it’s really encouraging to hear. 

Thanks again everyone for replying and for the advice . The way Liverpool are throwing this league away I might pack up an leave tomorrow 😭

@Jamieliverpool Hi Jamie, We are currently in the visa process , should be registering our EOI hopefully in the next couple of weeks! Definetly get the visa application started first - I can recommend Michael Breen as an agent/advisor! Worth the money as helped us loads with the whole process! We are from St Helens & hoping to head to Perth or Adelaide - looking into both at the moment 🙂 Good Luck! 

32 minutes ago, Mrs_Ob said:

@Jamieliverpool Hi Jamie, We are currently in the visa process , should be registering our EOI hopefully in the next couple of weeks! Definetly get the visa application started first - I can recommend Michael Breen as an agent/advisor! Worth the money as helped us loads with the whole process! We are from St Helens & hoping to head to Perth or Adelaide - looking into both at the moment 🙂 Good Luck! 

Is the agent MARA registered?

7 minutes ago, Mrs_Ob said:

He is a consultant I should say rather than an agent - gave us loads of advise in regards of the visa process 

He may have given you loads of advice but how do you know it’s correct? If you are paying him for advice and he’s not an agent, then you’ve spent money unnecessarily. Most agents will give you free initial advice then once you’ve engaged them, all advice is included in the few they charge to apply on your behalf. Frankly I’d be suspicious of anyone representing themselves as a “consultant “ considering how unnecessary the role is

• Like 2