Any chance at all with 190 with only 60 excluding state nom?

JohnDoug

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on what the chances really are for receiving and invitation from NSW (190) with only 65 points including the state sponsored points? We have submitted our EOI ages ago and with what I have gathered it seems that unless you are a plumber or chef that you have no chance at all of receiving an invite with anything less than 70 points.

If this is the case then why do MARA agents still take people on knowing that they have no chance at all with only 65 points. 

Edited by JohnDoug

14 hours ago, JohnDoug said:

Can anyone shed some light on what the chances really are for receiving and invitation from NSW (190) with only 65 points including the state sponsored points? We have submitted our EOI ages ago and with what I have gathered it seems that unless you are a plumber or chef that you have no chance at all of receiving an invite with anything less than 70 points.

If this is the case then why do MARA agents still take people on knowing that they have no chance at all with only 65 points. 

Unfortunately, just because an agent is registered with MARA, that doesn't automatically mean they are reputable.  Since you've paid the agent, you're entitled to go back and ask him the question, and expect a detailed reply. 

To be fair, the points required does fluctuate so perhaps it was realistic to expect an invite when you first applied.  

Is there a reason you have to go to NSW?

Edited by Marisawright

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Unfortunately, just because an agent is registered with MARA, that doesn't automatically mean they are reputable.  Since you've paid the agent, you're entitled to go back and ask him the question, and expect a detailed reply. 

To be fair, the points required does fluctuate so perhaps it was realistic to expect an invite when you first applied.  

Is there a reason you have to go to NSW?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Occupation code 232112 - Landscape Architect means that we can only get sponsorship from NSW, we are trying to get 10 more points by passing the English test with the required superior score but easier said than done. Already been there 5 times with number 6 booked for next week.

Our MARA agent operates from a very reputable practice in The Strand, London. The agent is so involved in our case that we were only told the points went up at the end of August 2018.

Edited by JohnDoug

2 hours ago, JohnDoug said:

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Occupation code 232112 - Landscape Architect means that we can only get sponsorship from NSW, we are trying to get 10 more points by passing the English test with the required superior score but easier said than done. Already been there 5 times with number 6 booked for next week.

Our MARA agent operates from a very reputable practice in The Strand, London. The agent is so involved in our case that we were only told the points went up at the end of August 2018.

Are you doing IELTS or PTE, i will definitely recommend PTE

Oh right ha ha - ok so the invitation took the longest, then everything else was really fast. We submitted our expression of interest July 2017, we were approved in November , and then I know we paid January 2018 and then April 2018 we did Medicals and then June 2018 we were granted

We waited to be asked for Medicals which I think was mid March, some people do these and get them ready but we needed them to be in Easter time so we could do an activation holiday this Easter as you need to land within a year of Medicals to get more time to arrive on ur visa

Our invitation to apply was really quick, less than 2 weeks for the initial one then only a couple more weeks after we had invitation to lodge the visa. Lodged 19th Oct and had contact to do medicals and police checks 3rd jan.

On 04/01/2019 at 16:11, JetBlast said:
On 04/01/2019 at 15:58, JohnDoug said:
Thank you so much for this, much appreciated

No worries. If you do fail come back to me and I can try and help with any tips for a resit.

JetBlast, thanks heaps for all the study material. Passed with Superior score. Really grateful mate

• Like 1

Hi all, I am new to this forum, so can anyone advise on my SC189/190/489 EOI profile, with no work experience!. My points breakdown, as follows; 

(All other criteria rightly in place) ;-

Age (30 points), Education - Masters (15 points), Superior English PTE A - 90/90 (20 points), Skills Assessment - Positive, Overall: 65 points WITHOUT SS.

ANZSCO Code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer), EOI Lodged for SC189, SC190, SC489.

EOI Date Of Effect (DOE): 17 December 2018.
Looking forward to SC189/190/489 Nominations!

If someone could clarify / suggest these for me please - a) Effectively evaluating my 100% chances of early invitations for all 3 Subclasses, b) Invitation Timelines for NSW / Victoria & other States.

Also, as anguishing as it may sound, my MARA Migration Agent has chosen "ANY" against the "States" column, instead of being more EOI Specific (if you know what I exactly mean). Kindly advise whether or not this affects my application. Hope not, God willing!. 

Feeling slightly concerned much. 
Thanks so much well in advance. Greatly appreciated indeed. Cheers! 🙂 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2019 at 12:09, SS8 said:
Hi all, I am new to this forum, so can anyone advise on my SC189/190/489 EOI profile, with no work experience!. My points breakdown, as follows; 

(All other criteria rightly in place) ;-

Age (30 points), Education - Masters (15 points), Superior English PTE A - 90/90 (20 points), Skills Assessment - Positive, Overall: 65 points WITHOUT SS.

ANZSCO Code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer), EOI Lodged for SC189, SC190, SC489.

EOI Date Of Effect (DOE): 17 December 2018.
Looking forward to SC189/190/489 Nominations!

If someone could clarify / suggest these for me please - a) Effectively evaluating my 100% chances of early invitations for all 3 Subclasses, b) Invitation Timelines for NSW / Victoria & other States.

Also, as anguishing as it may sound, my MARA Migration Agent has chosen "ANY" against the "States" column, instead of being more EOI Specific (if you know what I exactly mean). Kindly advise whether or not this affects my application. Hope not, God willing!. 

Feeling slightly concerned much. 
Thanks so much well in advance. Greatly appreciated indeed. Cheers! 🙂 🙂

Hi,

The current trend is that you won't get invited with 65 points when you apply for visa 189. Must have 70 points or more. State sponsorship will be your only option here and nobody can tell you how long it will take. you can get invited in 1 week or 1 year or not at all. Ask your agent to focus on one state as submitting EOI's for multiple states can impact your chances of getting invited at all.