UK national sitting English Test on holiday in USA- acceptable?

missbell88

I need to take my PTEs but I really don't want to pull a sickie from work (I never have and don't want to). I've got a weeks holiday in October and am heading to New York. Would DoHA think it's odd/suspect having someone from the UK, take a test New York, for Australian immigration?

P.S. I'm a teacher so can't book a day off work. 

2 hours ago, missbell88 said:

I need to take my PTEs but I really don't want to pull a sickie from work (I never have and don't want to). I've got a weeks holiday in October and am heading to New York. Would DoHA think it's odd/suspect having someone from the UK, take a test New York, for Australian immigration?

P.S. I'm a teacher so can't book a day off work. 

It doesn't really matter where you take it, it is all electronic and the certificates are the same etc.

Have you studied for the PTE? I wouldn't underestimate it. There are English teachers who haven't made the required marks for the exam!

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn't be a problem to take your test in the USA. Mine was done in Canada (even though I'm a dual citizen). There were others taking the test that were not Canadian citizens. The result is electronic and that's the only part immigration really cares about.