Turnover

Jugraj

Is turnover of 6 lakh dollar is good turnover according to immigration for one chef, am the only one who is sponsored as chef in Italian restraurent. Previous position was vacant and filled by me as previous guy left after working two years as chef after getting Pr. Plz suggest your opinions.appreciated

25 minutes ago, Jugraj said:

Is turnover of 6 lakh dollar is good turnover according to immigration for one chef, am the only one who is sponsored as chef in Italian restraurent. Previous position was vacant and filled by me as previous guy left after working two years as chef after getting Pr. Plz suggest your opinions.appreciated

Most people on here work in Australian Dollars, not Lakh dollars so may find it impossible to help......

1 hour ago, Rajat Babbar said:
5 hours ago, Nemesis said:
No idea, I don;t know how much a lakh dollar is worth, that was my point, you need t give the figure in Australian dollars

He mean to say cafe is making 6,00,000 per annum

Where is this cafe?  Very lucrative business.  

2 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:
6 hours ago, Nemesis said:
No idea, I don;t know how much a lakh dollar is worth, that was my point, you need t give the figure in Australian dollars

He mean to say cafe is making 6,00,000 per annum

"Making" is different to "turnover". "making" is assumed to be profit, whereas "turnover" is money flow through business and may even mean no profit

39 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

"Making" is different to "turnover". "making" is assumed to be profit, whereas "turnover" is money flow through business and may even mean no profit

The OP is not concerned about profit but how busy he would be as a sole chef I think.  Actually a $6 million turnover is a monumental amount for a single establishment.  It is of the order of $20,000 a day.  If the average ‘cover’ was $20 then they would have 1,000 customers per day.  Unless they were principally selling large volumes of coffee it is inconceivable such a business could operate with a single chef.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jugraj said:

It’s not cafe, it’s Italian restraurent 

Not that authentic an Italian restaurant if they are sponsoring chefs from India.  However if a typical ‘cover’ is $20-40 per seated diner and they are open lunch and dinner 7 days per week.  On that basis expect between 40-80 diners per day on average.  As a solo chef you would be very very busy at peak times.

I suspect that they have trouble recruiting locally for that reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

If the average ‘cover’ was $20 then they would have 1,000 customers per day.  Unless they were principally selling large volumes of coffee it is inconceivable such a business could operate with a single chef.

I think he needs to consider why the last chef took off the minute he got PR...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1