Migrant with permanent residence or Spouse or partner of an Australian citizen

aussietool

Hi,

My wife is hopefully going to do her Citizenship in the near future,and we would like to know which one of the above mentioned options would be the easiest to do?,Because she qualifies to do either.

Thanks In Advance.

Edited by aussietool

On 31/07/2018 at 13:07, aussietool said:

Hi,

My wife is hopefully going to do her Citizenship in the near future,and we would like to know which one of the above mentioned options would be the easiest to do?,Because she qualifies to do either.

Thanks In Advance.

If she holds PR then apply as a migrant with PR.

If she is trying to apply while holding temporary residence but being married an an ozzie, and using that to qualify for citizenship, then use the latter.

6 hours ago, Nemesis said:

If she holds PR then apply as a migrant with PR.

If she is trying to apply while holding temporary residence but being married an an ozzie, and using that to qualify for citizenship, then use the latter.

Am I reading it wrong?   I thought he's saying his wife is about to become a citizen, which means she must already have held PR for some time, and he's asking what visa he should apply for to join her.  

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Am I reading it wrong?   I thought he's saying his wife is about to become a citizen, which means she must already have held PR for some time, and he's asking what visa he should apply for to join her.  

I thought he thought there were two options to becoming a citizen.  I think some clarification is required here. If she’s going to apply to be a citizen she just gets on with it, one test for all, given the residence requirements. If she’s applying for a visa then that’s a whole different ballgame. If he’s applying for a visa then ditto. Confused!

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I read it that the OP was  Citizen, his partner wants to apply for citizenship but doesnt know which option to use on her citizenship application - PR on her own right, or a spouse of a citizen. I didnt read that anyone needs a visa.

Cal x

17 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

I read it the same as cal.....  OP holds a PR visa and is also married to an Australian citizen.  So which "option" to select when she submits her citizenship application.

There is an option to become a citizen due to marriage to an ozzie, without fulfilling the residence requirement -like if they have been sent abroad by an ozzie company for several years, or work for the ozzie government abroad. If thats the case, then the person applies on the gronds of marriage.

Otherwise, its on the grounds of being a migrant hoding a PR visa.