British passport renewal??

Serendipity

We just did this for my son. As already mentioned just follow the guidance on the website. You complete an online form then print it and post the photos and old passport if required. Its really easy and the turn around was fast. We had to get new photos signed as his old passport was only baby pics.

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I’ve never heard anyone say that and would be surprised if it was true. 

its not true. Possibly a statement left over from the days when it took much longer to get a new passport than it does now?

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I think I read it on one of the very popular threads on here - one where the chap/lady has written a list of ‘things you need to do’ 12m, 6m and 3m before you emigrate. 
yes - timescales are quick at the moment. We just got a uk passport renewal for my son in about 8-10 days!

thanks guys. 

Can't you go to an Australia Post Post Office anymore ?

Both my UK and Australian Passports have expired. I will probably only renew the UK one if i ever decide to go back to the UK for a holiday. I probably don't need it ias i will never live in the UK or visit for more than a few weeks.

But i am the sort of person who likes to have it just because i am entitled to it.

Edited by Parley

17 minutes ago, Parley said:

Both my UK and Australian Passports have expired. I will probably only renew the UK one if i ever decide to go back to the UK for a holiday. I probably don't need it ias i will never live in the UK or visit for more than a few weeks.

But i am the sort of person who likes to have it just because i am entitled to it.

No you pretty much can do it totally online now, even the picture you can take yourself and upload it, it's been like that for 4 or 5 years now. It's also cheaper now it's not done via Australia post

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Parley said:

No   ..............  the Australian Post Office doesn't do passport applications anymore.  My OH went in to get the form to complete a while ago only to be told to go online.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...