70 points is not enough!!

Kriss

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

Patrick

Is the 190 visa the same as 189 visa apart from the fact that you are tied to the territory for two years. is it still a permanent residency visa?

Yes they are both permanent residency visas with the190 having a  two year commitment to your nominating state. Depending on the state and job you apply for it can be quite quick or painfully slow for exampe -I’ve heard that Northern Territory never does a 190 while other states do big batches of invitations at random times in the year 

hope this helps 

• Like 1

The main reason for the points being so high is due to the reduced invitations per round, the official reason for this is not politics or an attempt to reduce immigration figures. There's a series of emails published here http://www.iscah.com/official-reasons-daha-inviting-300-per-round-189-visa/ which goes into detail as to why the invitation rounds are low. Essentially it's down to work load and ot was originally meant to be a temporary measure, however, it was approved for the rest of the financial year.

Given that invite rounds should return to normal this month (1200 - 1500 per round vs 300 per round), we should see a significant decrease in the points required to secure an invite. This is a 300% increase in invites, so it's not insubstantial. 

If the invites don't return to normal then the situation is unlikely to improve. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonnyah2006 said:

There's a series of emails published here http://www.iscah.com/official-reasons-daha-inviting-300-per-round-189-visa/ which goes into detail as to why the invitation rounds are low. Essentially it's down to work load and ot was originally meant to be a temporary measure, however, it was approved for the rest of the financial year.

Thanks for posting that - good explanation I wasn't aware of.

I guess the big question is whether the staffing situation improved.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody

I am also in this same boat lodged a EOI in February for 189visa with 60points for same skill as Kriss motor mechanic 321211.

i see the last 3 invitation rounds minimum has been 75 points which is very frustrating! i also noticed all the tradies occupation ceilings are very low, mechanics/plumbers/joiners/electricians this is due unachievable scores unless you manage to get 20 points from English test which has an advantage.

i am just trying to gain 10 points for the english test and here are my results

i have sat the ielts test twice failed by 1 point then .5 only in 1 section

i also sat the PTE test twice which i failed by 3marks then 2marks in one section

so my frustration is beyond at the moment. i will just keep trying them and hope with 70points i get invitation, i will sit on that for 6 months and check the pattern of the rounds failing that i will have to take a state sponsor root.

Hello everybody
I am also in this same boat lodged a EOI in February for 189visa with 60points for same skill as Kriss motor mechanic 321211.
i see the last 3 invitation rounds minimum has been 75 points which is very frustrating! i also noticed all the tradies occupation ceilings are very low, mechanics/plumbers/joiners/electricians this is due unachievable scores unless you manage to get 20 points from English test which has an advantage.
i also sat the PTE test twice which i failed by 3marks then 2marks in one section
so my frustration is beyond at the moment. i will just keep trying them and hope with 70points i get invitation, i will sit on that for 6 months and check the pattern of the rounds failing that i will have to take a state sponsor root.
I sat the PTE too many times. I kept getting just a few marks short on the writing. I signed up to e2 Lanague. I then got 90 90 90 85. Well worth the investment.

I can definitely agree with how frustrating it is. PTE in my opinion would be the best option to keep plugging away until you get top marks, as I believe IELTS is hugely flawed and doesn't always accurately access a person's literacy ability. I also viewed numerous YouTube clips from e2 language that were extremely helpful for PTE. 

Edited by Kriss

Hello everybody

We are in the exact same boat as you! My partner is a plumber, Submitted eoi for 189 with 60 points in feb knowing we would need to get the extra points.. my partner has his 3rd IELTS year next week after only missing on one section by .5! If he can get superior we will have 70 points am fingers crossed we are really hoping for an invite within a few months! Good luck with PTE[emoji106]?

Thank You all for the reply..

i have spoken to several people who have taken the test and they all ways fall short by a fraction with both test, this seem to be a trend hmmm...

"jetblast" yes that is what a done a few days ago signed up to e2 language, i also had a consultation meeting to see which package was best for me, and they told me just the budget package as im so close with the exams, they also recommended me to stick with pte rather than changing between the two exams, i did tell them i find the content easyier with ielts as i only need to take ielts general, but they still advised me to take the PTE, so thats what i will stick with.

cheers kriss will stick at!!! fingers crossed for the next 1

hi aimz you said you lodged with 60points in feb also, if he gets superior english that will gain him 20points right??? or you mean hes already got 10points from english in the 60points granted? fingers crossed for you guys!

i just hope the next couple of rounds they will drop the points to 70 for invites, i really do not want to get state sponsor and work in a regional area and after 2 years have to move all again ?

9 hours ago, wil1001 said:

i have spoken to several people who have taken the test and they all ways fall short by a fraction with both test, this seem to be a trend hmmm...

"jetblast" yes that is what a done a few days ago signed up to e2 language, i also had a consultation meeting to see which package was best for me, and they told me just the budget package as im so close with the exams, they also recommended me to stick with pte rather than changing between the two exams, i did tell them i find the content easyier with ielts as i only need to take ielts general, but they still advised me to take the PTE, so thats what i will stick with.

hi aimz you said you lodged with 60points in feb also, if he gets superior english that will gain him 20points right??? or you mean hes already got 10points from english in the 60points granted? fingers crossed for you guys!

i just hope the next couple of rounds they will drop the points to 70 for invites, i really do not want to get state sponsor and work in a regional area and after 2 years have to move all again ?

Hey Will, 

I know how you feel, the tests are so frustrating and I’ve spoken to so many that have had to resit loads of times. I finally passed mine last week- I used the e2 language videos from YouTube and they showed me where I was going wrong. It does take a lot of practice but it can be done - my English is awful and even I passed! 

There were 800 invites in the first round of invites this new financial year which is a really good sign - people with 70 points before March were invited. There is a round of invites expected this Wednesday so if they continue with 800 it won’t take long to get an invite with 70 points. 

Just a point to remember- if you go state sponsorship you don’t have to be in the middle of nowhere - I have a 190 for NSW to work in Sydney because that’s my plan even if I get the 189. So either route you can get where you want to be. 

Best of luck with your PTE test and hope you get an invite soon! 

Patrick 

i just hope the next couple of rounds they will drop the points to 70 for invites, i really do not want to get state sponsor and work in a regional area and after 2 years have to move all again [emoji20]

Yes that’s right, he already has 10 points for English which gives us 60 so the 20 will give us 70. Fingers crossed for us all! ?

On 02/07/2018 at 20:32, lothar said:

For 189: This depends on what Occupation code you are applying under. Some of them like Accountant, 70 wont be enough, but the non pro rata occupations 70 could still be enough, although with a wait time of around 6 months+

Not sure about 489.

What does pro rata and non pro rata occupation mean? And how do I know which category my occupation is in. Thanks for your help!

Hey Will, 

I know how you feel, the tests are so frustrating and I’ve spoken to so many that have had to resit loads of times. I finally passed mine last week- I used the e2 language videos from YouTube and they showed me where I was going wrong. It does take a lot of practice but it can be done - my English is awful and even I passed! 

There were 800 invites in the first round of invites this new financial year which is a really good sign - people with 70 points before March were invited. There is a round of invites expected this Wednesday so if they continue with 800 it won’t take long to get an invite with 70 points. 

Just a point to remember- if you go state sponsorship you don’t have to be in the middle of nowhere - I have a 190 for NSW to work in Sydney because that’s my plan even if I get the 189. So either route you can get where you want to be. 

Patrick 

Sorry to jump in on your post, this sounds promising for those who can only get 70 points! Let’s hope they continue with the high number of invites. We are hoping for an invite within 5-6 months hopefully sooner when we get 70 points :)

On 02/07/2018 at 08:36, Kriss said:

Hi all, I know the new points minimum is 65 points. However, recent rounds have shown nobody is getting an EOI on less than 75 points. If the first round from july carries on taking 75 pointers or upwards then as I understand it anybody on less than 75 points needs to get more points somehow or the dream is over, as why would they lower the goalposts further through the year? I genuinely hope I am wrong, but is my dream over on 70 points for a 189 visa? Anyone with good evidence to say otherwise would be great to hear!

Hi , 

we got an invite on 11 July with 70 p. ( EOI lodged in Feb 18, occupation - joiner, visa 189). There is hope! ? Hopefully they will increase the numbers of monthly applications soon! Good luck! 

A ? 

Hi , 
we got an invite on 11 July with 70 p. ( EOI lodged in Feb 18, occupation - joiner, visa 189). There is hope! [emoji846] Hopefully they will increase the numbers of monthly applications soon! Good luck! 
A [emoji846] 

Fab news on your invite! There is still hope then for 70 points! That is good news:)

Just now, patrickc said:

Hey Will, 

Patrick 

Hi Patrick

yes i have signed up to e2 lanuage so hopefully will help me. what is your occupation how many points do you have? how long have you been waiiting?

800? how can you view this figure? i can only see unti june on skill slect and its 300 x2 each month

for a mechanic in queensland state sponsorship only do 489 which is regional areas

but yes i need to get these points for my exam!

Just now, andana said:

Hi , 

we got an invite on 11 July with 70 p. ( EOI lodged in Feb 18, occupation - joiner, visa 189). There is hope! ? Hopefully they will increase the numbers of monthly applications soon! Good luck! 

A ? 

congratulations yes there is hope!

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

Bro i have also 70 points both categories (189) and (190) in software engineering/ web developer. Eoi Applied in 1 nov 2018... my real date of effect is july 2018... please guide

Hasan

Edited by Kfc

On January 18, 2019 at 00:58, Kfc said:

Hello, 

Bro i have also 70 points both categories (189) and (190) in software engineering/ web developer. Eoi Applied in 1 nov 2018... my real date of effect is july 2018... please guide

Hasan

What do you mean real date of effect?